IGNORED

The Nintendo PlayStation Prototype is for sale

5 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Question for those that used HA before.  What the hell is buyer premium?  Is that, the fees are paid by the buyer and on top of your bid?

Yes, that's what the auction house makes on the sale, although for a high profile item like this, it's possible (probable?) that the seller negotiated a portion of it as well.

I guess someone decided this is the video game thing they want more than anything. Wild.

• Thanks 1

I did find that buyers premium interesting, but I don't know heritage really.  In general when you put an item up for auction the selling owner ends up paying a percentage fee (commonly around 20%) to the auction house off of the profit they make on the item.  It seems unless this is normal for this site, they gave the choice of sticking the auction house fees on the buyer instead of the seller absorbing it.  So looking right this second it is at $310000, but the buyer is going to eat another $62000 in premium making it $372000 if it ended right now.

Looks like a sealed entombed stadium events is going to end on the same day (21 days out) and it's already over $30000.  That would be an interesting one normally to follow if the one off console there wasn't overshadowing it grossly.

Edited by Tanooki

I just had this thought and figured I'd share it. Why didn't the Diebolds get this graded? Surely it would increase the value by at least two-fold to have it authenticated by the fine folks at Wata? Is it possible that they were concerned it would receive a low grade due to the condition? Or maybe they were concerned it would be rejected due to the refurbishing work that was done. It's an amazing piece but imagine how much better it would look in an acrylic case with a score on top. 

How crazy is it gonna be when the winner ships it off to get graded and puts it up on HA 6 months later? 

I'm being sarcastic

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Apparently the Oculus designer is one of the high bidders. Millennials represent. Which rich guy has the biggest penis, fight fight fight.

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Just gonna hazard a guess that another bidder might be Notch (creator of Minecraft)

Will be funny though if this goes to like Jeff Bezos or Steve Ballmer

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. Love it. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

48 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just gonna hazard a guess that another bidder might be Notch (creator of Minecraft)

Will be funny though if this goes to like Jeff Bezos or Steve Ballmer

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. Love it. 

Lol, how does he know he has the largest game console collection though? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been thinking of a potential irony situation with the big bidders, and I've seen others too, what if Nintendo and Sony were taking a stab at it to preserve the thing?  Then that got me thinking a bit more about other sketchy situations with leaked out prototypes, typically cartridges.

HA has some back story on it, but not all the details.  The thing is and I've wondered for years now, who truly legally, if they decided to get all legal up in its business, owns this?  Is this a Nintendo piece of hardware or Sony, or co-owned?  Was this legitimately signed off and given to the man who left it behind when that business got liquidated and it found its way to Terry?  Or was this a loaner that was never pursued for return?  Is this something that could fall into the lines of those media stories of a stolen car from 1970 popping up in various others hands and the elderly owner demands it back and gets it because he has the title?  I mean in reality this should fall into the same sketchy scope that prototypes do, stolen/misappropriated loaned/lost goods that someone pays for and then thinks they own the game code on it when it was never legally up for sale technically.  No, I don't think Nintendo or Sony would pursue action, but it would be fascinating if they could.  Maybe they are after it as the high bidders?  I'd personally love it if Nintendo did, only because they love to publicly display their heritage and odd ball stand outs at their public stores behind some thick glass, sometimes in working order no less.  It would be a trip if this ended up at the Nintendo Store in NYC or in Japan for people to enjoy for decades to come.

• Like 1

You're right probably, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely, at least if they could get the winning bid.  It would be a drop in the bucket versus some really nasty blowback from a lot of really pissed off gamers, media types, etc that would be seething over a lawyer smash n grab.  It was known at this rate it was coming for months, so if they wanted to do it, they could have shut it down months ago quietly before it got more out there in the public.

5 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Apparently he bought the biggest collection (according to guiness) in 2014 for 750k.    11000 titles but a looooot of drek .   Way overpaid IMO

I think once your networth runs into the BILLIONS you're probaby done worrying about things like "overpaying". He probably takes a crap each morning on a solid gold toilet! Wipes his ass with hundo bills! 😂

Pretty sure he's only bidding on the Nintendo Playstation because he misplaced his boombox and he's got a bunch of 90's hits mix CDs he want so listen to! 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I think once your networth runs into the BILLIONS you're probaby done worrying about things like "overpaying". He probably takes a crap each morning on a solid gold toilet! Wipes his ass with hundo bills! 😂

Pretty sure he's only bidding on the Nintendo Playstation because he misplaced his boombox and he's got a bunch of 90's hits mix CDs he want so listen to! 

Well, his net worth is supposedly under a billion if you trust the internet (I don’t when it comes to this kind of private information) but I agree with your point in that if he decided he wanted it it’s not worth his time to buy each of those individually, better to just write the check as 750k is a rounding error in his life.     But at the same time, it’s a bit of insight into his mind as a collector (or at least his mind in 2014).  

Edited by Bronty
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Well his tweet says he has the largest game console collection. That's the part I'm curious about.

Perhaps he meant “console games collection”? Hard to imagine people buying multiples of each type of consoles unless they own a shop. More than likely he’s right up there with the title of “owner of the biggest gaming collection”.

Just now, GPX said:

Perhaps he meant “console games collection”? Hard to imagine people buying multiples of each type of consoles unless they own a shop. More than likely he’s right up there with the title of “owner of the biggest gaming collection”.

That would make much more sense than what he wrote.

16 hours ago, Bronty said:

Apparently he bought the biggest collection (according to guiness) in 2014 for 750k.    11000 titles but a looooot of drek .   Way overpaid IMO

Back then it would have been more appropriate to label it “the biggest collection with no killer titles”.

That 750K looks an interesting number. Could history repeat itself?