IGNORED

The Nintendo PlayStation Prototype is for sale

6 hours ago, jonebone said:

Still way more than I expected. I thought $50k-$100k range prior to going live. 

$360k with BP has to be the highest video game sale on record still.  How much more could one expect?

My guess price wise was around there too. I'm honestly surprised it even went for what it did, but since it's the only one someone was bound to put a sizable bid on it I guess.

That's definitely a video game record unless you include... virtual gaming items, lol.

Edited by Armageddon Potato

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

This whole thing makes no sense.

Why does it make no sense? It's a one of a kind item, thought not ever to have even existed! This unit is the thing of legends, until it actually turned up a couple years ago!

I can't understand why more people aren't hyped about this item! Are people so blinded by set collecting and the sealed collecting boom that they can't recognise a legitimate piece of history when it's right in front of them?

Homebrew Team · Posted
3 hours ago, OptOut said:

I can't understand why more people aren't hyped about this item! Are people so blinded by set collecting and the sealed collecting boom that they can't recognise a legitimate piece of history when it's right in front of them?

I was hyped when it surfaced, because it was physical proof that Sony and Nintendo got to that stage.  It is cool as a history piece.

Personally though, it is a Super Nintendo with a CD drive and no CD games.  If there were prototype games to go along with it, all about to then.  Secret of Mana CD surfaces....let the money rain down and all that such to get both prototypes.  To me, it is all about the games, not the system.  And I guess that answers why I don't collect system variants or system prototypes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

any chance this was a fix?

it sells again quickly for 1.? million with wata and heritage hands all over the second sale?

If anybody was interested in spending that much, they would have done it the first time.

• Like 2