IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's a pretty loaded team. Did Burrow get drafted before Mahomes? 

Thanks! Nope. People were sleeping on qbs for a while. Mahomes was the 2nd qb to go after Allen. I could’ve chosen Herbert but I wanted the Mahomes kelce combo. People just went nuts and picked all rbs early. It was something crazy like 20/23 of the first picks were RBs so I was like oh okay if you’re gonna mess with my plan going into the draft then I’ll play your little game and take the two best TEs since I had back to back picks since I had 1st pick overall. They did not like me choosing kelce and andrews lol

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Seems like a pretty clueless league.  Family members? 😅

It’s a mix of family and friends. There were a lot of odd picks. Allen went 15th overall. And then a kicker went in like round 6 or 7. Some other odd picks late in the draft for 3rd string rbs but that I think was just people being hopeful to find a diamond in the rough

18 minutes ago, Makar said:

Thanks! Nope. People were sleeping on qbs for a while. Mahomes was the 2nd qb to go after Allen. I could’ve chosen Herbert but I wanted the Mahomes kelce combo. People just went nuts and picked all rbs early. It was something crazy like 20/23 of the first picks were RBs so I was like oh okay if you’re gonna mess with my plan going into the draft then I’ll play your little game and take the two best TEs since I had back to back picks since I had 1st pick overall. They did not like me choosing kelce and andrews lol

I figured somebody would have gone for the Burrow/Chase combo. I imagine that will equal a lot of points this year.

Editorials Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, Makar said:

It’s a mix of family and friends. There were a lot of odd picks. Allen went 15th overall. And then a kicker went in like round 6 or 7. Some other odd picks late in the draft for 3rd string rbs but that I think was just people being hopeful to find a diamond in the rough

Yeah, that's how it always go.  Every single time I have a draft with first-timers and casuals I repeatedly stress that you should not drift exceedingly far from the numbers.  If you're taking #60 in the first two rounds, something has gone horribly wrong.

And then without fail that's what they do 🤣

56 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I figured somebody would have gone for the Burrow/Chase combo. I imagine that will equal a lot of points this year.

I don’t have as much confidence in burrow as I do with Mahomes, Herbert, murray, or Brady. I’d forego the burrow chase combo to get a better qb. 

48 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

You only need one qb. He is gonna prove all the haters wrong. 

I always get 2 after experiencing several qb injuries over the years. Plus it’s nice to have one for the bye week. Hill will help tua but I doubt tua will finish as a top 10qb in fantasy 

33 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, that's how it always go.  Every single time I have a draft with first-timers and casuals I repeatedly stress that you should not drift exceedingly far from the numbers.  If you're taking #60 in the first two rounds, something has gone horribly wrong.

And then without fail that's what they do 🤣

Yea that’s usually how I draft too unless there’s a special circumstance. This year Rhamondre is a guy I want so I made sure to get him a little earlier so that no one else grabbed him. No one in this league is a first timer. They just draft strangely. One guy doesn’t draft a kicker

1 hour ago, Makar said:

It really depends on the league scoring. I've been in leagues where people don't select QBs until later because it was a RB heavy league and they are the ones that churn out the most points. Some people might be desperate to snag a player that will put up the most points in their position and they might just draft them.

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Bills are -2.5 tonight. This requires input from resident handicapper @NESfiend with the expert analysis.

1150081.jpg?b64lines=IFRIQVQgTU9OU1RFUiB

Everybody loves buffalo, but it isnt moving the line, which is fishy. I lean buffalo but I don't like that the books seem content to let bills money roll in without adjusting the line. Its really the kind of game I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole if it weren't game 1 thurs night. But it is, so ill probably sprinkle the over and hope for a shootout. 

My old NA fantasy league I ended up with mixon and chase. Have burrow in another league. Need your bengals to kick ass again this year. Skinnys team is stacked by the way. 

5 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Everybody loves buffalo, but it isnt moving the line, which is fishy. I lean buffalo but I don't like that the books seem content to let bills money roll in without adjusting the line. Its really the kind of game I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole if it weren't game 1 thurs night. But it is, so ill probably sprinkle the over and hope for a shootout. 

My old NA fantasy league I ended up with mixon and chase. Have burrow in another league. Need your bengals to kick ass again this year. Skinnys team is stacked by the way. 

Bills -2.5 is looking like free money right now.