IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

30 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

It was nice of the Bearcats to tape the Dolphins practice and post it online. Nippert Stadium is open to the public, so apparently that's why they didn't have to take it down.

5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

But then they couldnt do the “white out” thing. Anyways cool to try something different. 

The Bearcats do a black out with their all black uniforms with red claw marks. I think it would have been kind of cool if the Bengals did the same thing but this isn't terrible.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Poor Tua. That didn't look good at all. No wave or thumbs up while being taken off the field. That concussion "back issue" last week probably didn't help. Head and neck injury, not good.

That tackle on Mostert before the 2 minute warning was just a disguting dirty play. Choking Mostert while slamming him down, come on...

19 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Poor Tua. That didn't look good at all. No wave or thumbs up while being taken off the field. That concussion "back issue" last week probably didn't help. Head and neck injury, not good.

That tackle on Mostert before the 2 minute warning was just a disguting dirty play. Choking Mostert while slamming him down, come on...

i pray Tua is alright. I’ve seen them get ko’d like that before (Willis mcgahee) and it’s always scary. I was worried about his neck as well. Was also hoping for a thumbs up. Cincy been playing on the edge of dirty all night really. That should have been a roughing the passer on Tua. Slammed him down for sure.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, captmorgandrinker said:

So...how conflicted are the '72 Dolphins since they need to root for the '22 Dolphins to lose?

I guess now they only have to worry about the Eagles. It's pretty wild to think that there might not be any undefeated teams four weeks into the season.

8 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i pray Tua is alright. I’ve seen them get ko’d like that before (Willis mcgahee) and it’s always scary. I was worried about his neck as well. Was also hoping for a thumbs up. Cincy been playing on the edge of dirty all night really. That should have been a roughing the passer on Tua. Slammed him down for sure.

I wonder how beat up he still was from the Bills game. ESPN was saying he was questionable right up to game time. With his injury history, it might have been better to rest him since he would have had a week and a half to heal up before they played again. Hopefully he's okay and 100% for the next game.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wonder how beat up he still was from the Bills game. ESPN was saying he was questionable right up to game time. With his injury history, it might have been better to rest him since he would have had a week and a half to heal up before they played again. Hopefully he's okay and 100% for the next game.

Fixed that for you.   I hope they hold him out for a solid month at least.   That last one was a doozy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Should have never played last night, I didn’t even know he suffered a concussion last week. Despicable player treatment by the Dolphins. 

Supposedly he passed all concussion protocols and it was a back injury he suffered during the Bills game. If the proper steps/procedures are taken and a player is cleared to play, then it's not about the coach making the call, it's an issue with not having a thorough enough of a process to keep a player safe. The majority of coaches would throw a player back in the game with an all clear.

Now, there is speculation that Tua walked out from the hospital. I'm no doctor, but I thought it was dangerous to fly with a head injury like that.

Obviously hoping Tua makes a full recovery and they give him the proper amount of time to make a full recovery. I honestly wouldn't blame him if he stepped away from the game. He's had some scary and devastating injuries as it is.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

. I honestly wouldn't blame him if he stepped away from the game. He's had some scary and devastating injuries as it is.

I was thinking the same thing. Kid has had a tough go ever since he broke his leg. Plus the media and public bashing he has taken…it’s made me rethink the way I talk about these guys. I hope he is ok and it’s not something permanent or that will affect him later in life.

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Fixed that for you.   I hope they hold him out for a solid month at least.   That last one was a doozy.

If the Dolphins would have sat him last night, he probably would have been okay for the next game. If he misses an extended period of time, that's on them for running him out there after he clearly got his bell rung last week.

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I was thinking the same thing. Kid has had a tough go ever since he broke his leg. Plus the media and public bashing he has taken…it’s made me rethink the way I talk about these guys. I hope he is ok and it’s not something permanent or that will affect him later in life.

I was worried that Joe Burrow might walk away like Andrew Luck did if the offensive line didn't get it together after he got his knee destroyed in his rookie season and then led the league in sacks last year. Sooner or later, being able to walk normally in your thirties has to outweigh the money.

• Like 1