IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Looks like it's my turn to eat crow.  Obviously one game does not a season make - any given Sunday - and the season is still young.  But the fins just may be for real.  In Mike you trust.

When the schedule came out I wasn't expecting Thursday's Bengals and Dolphins game to be a must win against an undefeated team.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Brah I’m not trying to measure up our team to buffalo. Miami is just as good as buffalo

@Reed Rothchild

On 9/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, Mega Tank said:

This is where Skinny and I are on two planets. No I don't think Miami is as good as Buffalo.

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

So... I wasn't able to watch except for the 3 minutes before halftime when Tua got concussed, but I listed to the majority of it over the radio. We are a little busy with life stuff, so I wasn't going to get distracted and watch the game but I will watch the replay before the next game. That being said...

From the sounds of it, it was a good back and forth game. A lot of people tend to forget there's home cooking when it comes with the Dolphins. The heat is no joke. If this game would have been in Buffalo... I don't know if the end result would have been the same. Either way, it's a win all the way around assuming Tua walks away alright from that concussion or what not. That was just dirty football to toss him to the ground like that.

• Like 1

Three weeks in and the Dolphins and Eagles are the only undefeated teams left. I doubt anybody would have guessed that. I'm surprised that the Bengals are 3.5 point favorites against the Dolphins Thursday night with as well as they have been playing. If I was @docile tapeworm, I'd probably take the Dolphins and the 3.5 points.

7 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

So...how conflicted are the '72 Dolphins since they need to root for the '22 Dolphins to lose?

That would be wild if the Dolphins actually made it to the Super Bowl undefeated. Those guys from the '72 team are getting old, so they might be okay with passing the tradition on if that happened.

15 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

“Come use our field” 👀👀