IGNORED

What is the best movie from the year you were born?

OptOut

21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I just checked, don't forget Blues Brothers, and Airplane, and Caddy Shack! Seems to have been a bumper crop of comedies that year too! 😄

Those are all good movies too, but I'm not much for comedy, you know 😉 

Except when I am.  In which case, I take it Strong and Black.

• Wow! 1

39 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Whoa... I think we got a potential winner for the best year of movies here dude, 84!

Gremlins, Ghostbusters and Terminator alone put it up there, but that's just a butt-ton of all time classics in that list...

Amadeus is an amazing film as well, that was 84, I would recommend that movie to anyone if you haven't seen it!

When I was going through the list I saw about ten movies (Amadeus being one of them) that I was ashamed to admit I've never seen. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

When I was going through the list I saw about ten movies (Amadeus being one of them) that I was ashamed to admit I've never seen. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Once Upon a Time in America, Streets of Fire, Body Double, Repo Man, Night of the Comet, Purple Rain, Dreamscape... 😍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1989 for me.

A bunch of popular movies came out that year, but my favourite is easily Al Yankovic's "UHF".

It's the ultimate feel good movie where all the good guys get everything they deserve, and all the bad guys get what's coming to them. It's amazing to me Al never made another movie, but at the same time he doesn't really need to. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lynda Monica said:

1989 for me.

A bunch of popular movies came out that year, but my favourite is easily Al Yankovic's "UHF".

It's the ultimate feel good movie where all the good guys get everything they deserve, and all the bad guys get what's coming to them. It's amazing to me Al never made another movie, but at the same time he doesn't really need to. 🙂

Mine is easy for one reason only.
Enjoy this, you usually don't see the original trailer, so basic compared to what it turned into.  Star Wars(1977)

I know you could throw a vote for Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Rescuers, Wizards for anime fans, Smokey and the Bandit, Pete's Dragon, The Spy Who Loved Me (Bond 007), Capricorn One, Airport 77.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Link said:

Alien is pretty great, but may I also submit for consideration of 1979... The Warriors

I wouldn't necessarily take it over Alien, but The Warriors is fantastic. Unfortunately for Walter Hill, he peaked at the beginning of his career. I can take or leave pretty much everything else he did.

Events Helper · Posted
17 minutes ago, PII said:

I definitely don't remember Vader physically picking that guy up.  Guessing that was a scene that got changed to Vader choking the guy with the force?

i remember him being picked up physically and thrown.  at least one rebel was im pretty sure.

Editorials Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, PII said:

I definitely don't remember Vader physically picking that guy up.  Guessing that was a scene that got changed to Vader choking the guy with the force?

I only remember him throwing that rebel, and force choking an Imperial officer

46 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i remember him being picked up physically and thrown.  at least one rebel was im pretty sure.

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I only remember him throwing that rebel, and force choking an Imperial officer

Hmmm, maybe it was just the context of seeing it in the trailer that threw me off....

On 7/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, Californication said:

Mmmm 1986 is a tough one. 

Maybe Aliens or Color of Money?

Aliens

Color of Money

Highlander

Platoon

Big Trouble in Little China

Top Gun

Stand by Me

Ferris Buellers Day Off

The Fly

Night Of The Creeps

Crocodile Dundee

..I just couldn't hold this in any longer...