IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Just now, phart010 said:

Astro Mini controllers were sold out within 2 minutes 😡😡😡

I didn't even know the controllers were limited quantity

And before anyone says "yeah yeah you can get them elsewhere", I know, but the price + shipping cost was better from LRG for US customers. And now I'm salty and don't really want to go buy them elsewhere anyway =/ 

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I would, but in this unique case then I'd have to consider the game not complete in the box anymore, so...no. 🙂

Personally, I would disagree simply because the card isn't included inside the sealed part of the game when it ships. 

Also any games sold outside of the initial sale (such as Black Friday sales or at conventions) usually don't include the card, so they aren't really considered part of the complete game.  

LRG executive decision regarding the Astro Mini and anyone who is not a bot:

mister rogers middle finger GIF

We all know these are going to be on ebay with sellers have 10s to 100s of these at 3x the price...

Anyone on here going to try to get one at 6? I will be unable to do so, SO, if anyone can purchase an extra one for me I would appreciate it and will pay a bit extra - HELP if you can!!

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

LRG executive decision regarding the Astro Mini and anyone who is not a bot:

mister rogers middle finger GIF

We all know these are going to be on ebay with sellers have 10s to 100s of these at 3x the price...

Anyone on here going to try to get one at 6? I will be unable to do so, SO, if anyone can purchase an extra one for me I would appreciate it and will pay a bit extra - HELP if you can!!

Wait. They will restock these later in the day?

I will try if so 

5 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Wait. They will restock these later in the day?

I will try if so 

Yes, they hold back part of the stock and will open it up for purchase at 6 pm EST. If you can please purchase one for me, I'll make sure to pay you! Thank you.

I'm thinking @avatar!you're right.  That was gone before I could react, and now, yeah, we're looking at round 2 at 6pm EST.  I don't see that going any better.

That $115 shipped from Japan is looking really good right now.  I don't know what the F they were thinking limiting it that much.  I get keeping a set figure, but damnit, just handle it like games.  Delay it some months, keep a printer on hand, figure out maybe they need 15000 ordered from a couple weeks-month of preorders, and run that shit.  Instead they're lowballing like the good(bad) old days which is just wrong.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I wasn't available at 9.  I watch my kid in the morning until about 9:30, plus I typically start working around 8:30.  Usually I can make time at 9 to put my orders in, but today it didn't work out.  It was after 9:20 by the time I could check, and I knew they would be gone before then.  For me, it's ok because I was sort of on the fence.  I didn't really want to spend that much money on something I probably wasn't going to use.  I might still try to get one of the Japanese models.  

• Like 1

I was back and forth all afternoon and at the last minute I decided to buy one.  I figure, it should be easy to sell it if I change my mind.  For the afternoon order, they limited it to 1 per customer, so it was pretty easy to snag it even though I didn't click through the checkout very fast.  

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

For the afternoon order, they limited it to 1 per customer, so it was pretty easy to snag it even though I didn't click through the checkout very fast.  

Don't ask me how I know, but it was limited to 1 per order. One could have made multiple orders. 

Also it's crazy that they didn't limit the first batch of the day. 

Also also it will be funny if a few of these show up in the 2022 Blind Box sale. 

LRG has now updated their shipping policy so that you don't get shipped in a box for free anymore with 2 Switch games. 

From their site. https://limitedrungames.com/collections/add-ons/products/shipping-box

Notice how it now states "two or more standard games, in which at least one is a PS4 game"

"Add this to any order to have us ship your items in a box instead of our standard poly bubble mailer. *Please note the box your order ships in may differ from the one pictured.*

Please note that any order with two or more standard edition games, in which at least one is a PS4 game, will ship in a box for free (no need to purchase a box). Any order of three or more games for any platform will also automatically ship in a box. Collector's Editions are shipped out in a box by default!"

Also some discussion about it on reddit

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

LRG has now updated their shipping policy so that you don't get shipped in a box for free anymore with 2 Switch games. 

From their site. https://limitedrungames.com/collections/add-ons/products/shipping-box

Notice how it now states "two or more standard games, in which at least one is a PS4 game"

"Add this to any order to have us ship your items in a box instead of our standard poly bubble mailer. *Please note the box your order ships in may differ from the one pictured.*

Please note that any order with two or more standard edition games, in which at least one is a PS4 game, will ship in a box for free (no need to purchase a box). Any order of three or more games for any platform will also automatically ship in a box. Collector's Editions are shipped out in a box by default!"

Also some discussion about it on reddit

Interesting. I always buy in bulk to save on shipping because it is pretty expensive otherwise for international orders, so this won't personally matter to me. However I suspect there will be a lot of returns/refunds for damaged items because those mail bags are awful.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:16 PM, TDIRunner said:

I've played a portion of the original.  I didn't get around to finishing it, but I thought it was fun.  It's the type of game where motion controls actually work pretty well.  I don't know if they kept the motion controls in the Switch version or not.  I'm kind of curious as to whether or not they did.  

I thought about betting the new LRG releases, but I decided that while I thought the originals were pretty good, it wasn't worth paying the money to buy them again.  If figured if I really want to play them, I will just go with the Wii versions.  

I watched the launch trailers for No More Heroes I and II, and I'm still unsure if this will be a fun, enjoyable, old-schoolish romp, or one of those games that hasn't really aged all that well...?

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Phew.  I knew it was inevitable, but feared they'd do 3 separate releases.

I'm just now realizing that this isn't exactly what I was referring to in my request, but it's close.  I was thinking this was the same as Doom Classic Complete which I own on the PS3.  That is Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom along with all expansions.  I would actually rather have that and drop Doom 3, but I will still probably get this. 

I'll have to think about it, but this might be the fist CE that I've ever ordered from LRG since Doom is actually a big deal for me. 

53 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm just now realizing that this isn't exactly what I was referring to in my request, but it's close.  I was thinking this was the same as Doom Classic Complete which I own on the PS3.  That is Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom along with all expansions.  I would actually rather have that and drop Doom 3, but I will still probably get this. 

I'll have to think about it, but this might be the fist CE that I've ever ordered from LRG since Doom is actually a big deal for me. 

I'm a fan of Final Doom, but isn't it mostly a mash-up of Doom 1 and 2?