IGNORED

Are we on the brink of World War III?

RH

WW III  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are we on the brink of World War III?

• Yes
    • No

27 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

That is all I will say for a number of reasons. And will just say that I am wondering why Putin is doing this now.

He's doing it now because he wanted to do it a lot sooner.  Remember the Russian interference to get Trump elected?  It's because he thought he could control him.  When he realized that Trump was a literal wild card that he couldn't predict any more than he could control, he simply waited until a weaker president was elected.  This is why we heard almost nothing about Ukraine since the annexation.  It's because he basically locked in the status quo until he felt the winds were blowing his way again.  A rare miscalculation on his part.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

He's doing it now because he wanted to do it a lot sooner.  Remember the Russian interference to get Trump elected?  It's because he thought he could control him.  When he realized that Trump was a literal wild card that he couldn't predict any more than he could control, he simply waited until a weaker president was elected.  This is why we heard almost nothing about Ukraine since the annexation.  It's because he basically locked in the status quo until he felt the winds were blowing his way again.  A rare miscalculation on his part.

All of that is hard to disagree with. But TBH, I found his strategy to be a bit rushed. And I mean the type of rushing I did prior to all of the changes I started to make last month. Where as he normally plays the "Lets do this so we can manipulate the market. And before they catch on, lets sell these graded titles at this auction house." game.

In the end there was a report where he tried to use Marjorie Taylor Greene's playbook by accusing Ukraine of using Nazi tactics. And unlike her tactic, which made me glad that I don't buy soup in New York, people mostly ignored it because that tactic was rushed. As opposed to using tactics that make is look valid, even if the proof was created by Russian hackers.

So yeah... It is a rare miscalculation, atop of it being both sloppy and rushed.

Probably like his sex life these days. 🤔

6 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Donald Trump was the most useless, incompetent president we've ever had. He damaged our relations with multiple international partners and even now the jagoff is putting out pro-Putin messages that are essentially anti-American. I do not understand how anyone, any where would define Trump as a strong president since he failed at nearly everything he tried to do. The only thing Trump was successful at was destroying the U.S. govt. from within because he is a parasite. Putin is making the move now because the U.S./U.N put Russia in an uncomfortable situation and Putin responded. I think it's fair to blame Biden on not finding a diplomatic solution and for allowing the U.N to push as far as they did. But this strong/weak president argument doesn't make sense.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Link said:

I'm mystified as to why anybody would say that Putin would not do a thing while Trump was president. They were friendly. All that means is fewer if any negative consequences from the US.

Yeah, i mean remember when Trump said he trusted Putin over the CIA? LOL 

There is a hilarious clip circulating where John Bolton recalling about how Trump cried about how the sanctions were “too mean” that they did impose on Putin (John Bolton was Fact checking a newsmax host, live on air 🤣🤣🤣)

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-bolton-trump-newsmax-barely-knew-where-ukraine-was-video-2022-3?amp

how hilarious is that link wording though? Hehehehe

Biden has actually done pretty well with a possible ww3 on the line. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Link said:

I'm mystified as to why anybody would say that Putin would not do a thing while Trump was president. They were friendly. All that means is fewer if any negative consequences from the US.

Do you actually trust Trump?  Is he a man you would bank on?  Putin wouldn't do anything while Trump is/was president because he's a total wild card - who cares what he says to anyone; words mean nothing with that man.  Putin is a whole lot smarter than Trump is, and that's why he wouldn't dare make a move while Trump is in office...

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CMR said:

You guys know Trump hasn't been in office in over a year don't you?  I guess he still makes a good distraction.

Who are the ones saying Putin wouldn't try anything with Trump in office? Because that was the first mention of the dude in this thread.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CMR said:

You guys know Trump hasn't been in office in over a year don't you?  I guess he still makes a good distraction.

13 minutes ago, CMR said:

Thats what happen when you have a former president siding with a madman while insulting the country he was president for. America.  I guess if he didnt want to be talked about, he could shut the fuck up. But who are we kidding!

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Riots happen for various reasons. Sports games, unrest, etc.

Never seen outright sedition and threatening to lynch the VP from the other side.

Sports - that is a clever dodge IMHO.  Unrest is pretty vague.  Etc, Etc,    I suggest an album title for a reason "This film's crap - let's slash the seats."  No more accurate but a damn sight funnier.  In any event none of those are reasons to give the mob carte blanche.

The repeated attempts to burn the Federal Courthouse in (at least)  Portland pretty much qualified as sedition yet no one wants to make a Federal case of that one.  Harris apparently was not in the capitol at the time after all so it would have been really really difficult to do anything with her (other than in effigy).  

Edited by Tabonga
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Riots happen for various reasons. Sports games, unrest, etc.

Never seen outright sedition and threatening to lynch the VP from the other side.

Dont forget murdering cops. 

11 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

No but they sat around while several cities got torched.  

https://theprosecutionproject.org/2020/12/22/tracking-federal-cases-related-to-summer-protests-riots-uprisings/

10,000 people arrested while “cities got torched”. Who was sitting around again? 

13 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The repeated attempts to burn the Federal Courthouse in (at least)  Portland pretty much qualified as sedition yet no one wants to make a Federal case of that one.  Harris apparently was not in the capitol at the time after all so it would have been really really difficult to do anything with her (other than in effigy).  

The Portland incidents didn't involve thousand of people streaming in to disrupt Congress while in session. Burning cities, destroying property, and/rioting over elections IS NOT anything analogous to assailing the Nation's Capitol, while it is in session, as our government conducts the business of certifying a perfectly valid, legal election.

You are certifiably delusional if you want to argue that someone throwing a trash can through the plate glass window of a GAP store is even remotely similar to taking over our national seat of government, while it's in session.

For starters: I can guarantee you that the charges brought against these morons will - and should be - substantially different, and much more serious, than any brought against the BLM protestors/rioters.

BTW, it was Pence they were going to hang. He was still VP on Jan 6, and in the building. They would have killed him had they gotten ahold of him.

Edited by Tulpa

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Dont forget murdering cops. 

https://theprosecutionproject.org/2020/12/22/tracking-federal-cases-related-to-summer-protests-riots-uprisings/

10,000 people arrested while “cities got torched”. Who was sitting around again? 

I only glanced at it but there doesn't seem to be a breakdown for local vs. Feds - and it includes an unknown number of misdemeanors.  It also includes crimes of any political persuasion.  I suspect a lot of the local ones will be plea bargained if not just dismissed.

Let's look at this way - what percentage of all of those participating in the arsons/looting got arrested?  Probably a much lower percentage then the 600 or so people who entered the capitol building.

10 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

The Portland incidents didn't involve thousand of people streaming in to disrupt Congress while in session. Burning cities, destroying property, and/rioting over elections IS NOT anything analogous to assailing the Nation's Capitol, while it is in session, as our government conducts the business of certifying a perfectly valid, legal election.

You are certifiably delusional if you want to argue that someone throwing a trash can through the plate glass window of a GAP store is even remotely similar to taking over our national seat of government, while it's in session.

For starters: I can guarantee you that the charges brought against these morons will - and should be - substantially different, and much more serious, than any brought against the BLM protestors/rioters.

BTW, it was Pence they were going to hang. Because he didn't do his master's bidding (even though he couldn't do anything.

Oooh - apparently I touched a nerve here.

The Portland situation was on going - not an isolated incident though was it?  And the object was to disrupt things there by destroying the building.  Let's total up the total number of rioters nationwide over that summer - far more than maybe 2000 eh?

Burning a building is not the same as throwing a trash can through a window,  How much physical damage (not to mention deaths/injuries) occurred in total over the course of all those riots versus similar figures for  Jan 6th?

You said the other side - which indicated Harris no?   

Pence apparently was not in the Capitol Building either - just on the grounds (which likely means an annex) in a safe location.  Maybe he and AOC were having high tea,

Edited by Tabonga

7 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I only glanced at it but there doesn't seem to be a breakdown for local vs. Feds - and it includes an unknown number of misdemeanors.  It also includes crimes of any political persuasion.  I suspect a lot of the local ones will be plea bargained if not just dismissed.

Let's look at this way - what percentage of all of those participating in the arsons/looting got arrested?  Probably a much lower percentage then the 600 or so people who entered the capitol building.

Probably low because the majority were peaceful as “cities burned”. Minor misdemeanors for bullshit like disturbing the peace.

Anyone committing arson or property damage should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but like before mentioned, not even remotely similar to seditious conspiracy to overthrow the government.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Oooh - apparently I touched a nerve here.

Yeah, attempting to defend sedition tends to get me riled up. 🙂

In any event, Trumpers can't say they are patriots anymore. That argument died on that day in January.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2