IGNORED

Are we on the brink of World War III?

RH

WW III  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are we on the brink of World War III?

• Yes
    • No

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

At what point did your ignorant self absorbed ass not get the memo from the staff to NOT talk to me or about me?  A stalkers life is never done?  I know you're from the SF bay area but enough is enough, I'm not interested, find someone else to get turned on by already.

@Estil  Nearly 3mo now, but wouldn't Ground News also do something like this?

Similarly - this ^ is NOT the way to respond to situations if someone does something you don't like.  Report a problem with a user and let us handle, but open attacks and insults are not ok either.

Now, let's get back on track.

Moderator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Fine fine, double warn me I'm good with it.  I've been complaining about this issue for like 2 years now and nothing has changed.  Ask fcgamer, I wrote him after it was seen, and I bet him I'd get nailed for reporting it as that seems par for the course.

Did you not read what spacepup said? You didn’t get nailed for reporting it, you got a warning for attacking him back. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. 

• Agree 1

@doner24 

Well that would account for one point, not the second, so given I remember being told awhile back reporting would be a point too as the staff was fed up, that's how I figured the math worked out.  I accepted the fact I'd get nailed for just pressing report.

If this is just going to be allowed to continue, where's exactly the motivation to care?  I report, I get a point.  I lash out, I get a point.  Classic Kobayashi Maru -- no win situation.  This is a genuine question, but is this just basically asking while not asking me to just ask you to erase my account and ban my IP, or just keep taking the abuse because seemingly that's ok?

Moderator · Posted
15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@doner24 

Well that would account for one point, not the second, so given I remember being told awhile back reporting would be a point too as the staff was fed up, that's how I figured the math worked out.  I accepted the fact I'd get nailed for just pressing report.

If this is just going to be allowed to continue, where's exactly the motivation to care?  I report, I get a point.  I lash out, I get a point.  Classic Kobayashi Maru -- no win situation.  This is a genuine question, but is this just basically asking while not asking me to just ask you to erase my account and ban my IP, or just keep taking the abuse because seemingly that's ok?

No, just report it without the retaliatory comments. 

8 minutes ago, doner24 said:

No, just report it without the retaliatory comments. 

I understand that, but I was told going forward reporting would also get me a point, that's why I asked that.  I was told staff was fed up with the usual suspects reporting things and that would get a point, so I held back in what I preferred have unleashed, said what I did, full well knowing I'd get a mark either way because I wasn't going to let it slide any further as I'm done with it as it has gone on years now.  Look I'm not trying to argue with you, the point is to show you I was told do anything, you get a point, so I really don't have anything to lose other than ignoring it entirely and letting it continue.

Administrator · Posted

@Tanooki I hate to drag this out further here - but since you brought it up and I want NO confusion here.  You did not receive warning points for reporting an issue.  You received warning points for attacking him back the way you did.  I issued 2 points because you have a history of negative language and attacking back, and it needs to stop.  You are not destined to be banned if you simply stop with the negativity and aggressive behavior, including namecalling - and I don't care who started something.  

If you have further concerns, please bring them up with staff directly and let's stop derailing this thread.

Russians Are Strangely Stumped About Why Moscow Is Getting Bombed

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-are-strangely-stumped-about-why-moscow-is-getting-attacked-with-drones

In a video that went viral, a well-known blogger complained about how rude it is for drones to be launched “when people are sleeping.”

“Ukraine is going crazy. Drones at three in the morning. Have you lost your mind?” Hilmi Forks said. “I got scared and jumped off the couch from this explosion... If even one more drone crashes anywhere here in Moscow... I’ll pick up a rifle and go to the front. You got that?”

While Russian officials have squarely blamed “Ukrainian neo-Nazis” for what they describe as terrorist attacks on Moscow, experts have said at least some of the drone strikes are more likely to have originated from Russian territory—otherwise the drones would be flying hundreds of miles across Russian territory without being intercepted by missile defenses.

Sergei, a resident of the Moscow region who spoke to The Daily Beast on the condition of anonymity, said he and his colleagues at work had become skeptical of the drone attacks precisely because of the distance the drones would have to travel unimpeded.

“We have a theory that these drone attacks are done by our government in order to justify a new mobilization,” he said.

Sveta, his wife, said people were generally unfazed by the strikes unless they were personally affected: “Nobody cares,” she said.

Realism is needed on the nuclear threat

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2023/08/31/realism-is-needed-on-the-nuclear-threat/

The stationing of American nuclear weapons on British soil during the Cold War sparked a protest movement that has lived long in the cultural memory. Many on the Corbynite Left are nostalgic for campaigns in which they posed as “peace” activists naively dedicated to achieving global harmony through unilateral disarmament. Others have a far less rosy recollection of their activities: they were seen as at best delusional, at worst as useful idiots for the Soviets.

US nuclear weapons were removed from the UK in 2008, when tensions between the nuclear powers had cooled to the point where they were deemed surplus to requirements. Now reports suggest that they could be returning. Documents have revealed that the US Air Force has secured funding for a new facility at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk. The money has been allocated for a dormitory to “house the increase in enlisted personnel as the result of the potential surety mission”. “Surety” is jargon which experts say refers to the storage of nuclear weapons. Today, this paper reports that nuclear-capable American jets will be based in the UK as soon as this year.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweden is exactly what the West needs to counter Putin's underhand tactics

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-exactly-what-west-nato-needs-to-counter-putin-russia-2024-2

Russia's President Vladimir Putin has long harbored an obsessive grudge against NATO expansion. He's claimed the invasion of Ukraine was a way of preventing the growth of the alliance close to Russia's borders and threatening its security. But in the end, the Russian president seems to have achieved the exact opposite.

On Tuesday, Hungary's parliament voted to approve Sweden's NATO membership in a move that may be exactly what the West needs to counter Putin and his underhand tactics. Its membership brings to an end its decades-old military nonalignment policy. It also means the post-Cold War era, where Sweden reduced the size of its military and sought better trade and diplomatic ties with Russia, is closed.

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot-from-2024-03-22-13-58-34.png

https://www.euronews.com/2024/03/21/russia-preparing-for-wider-conflict-with-nato-sooner-than-expected-says-report

Russia is preparing for a large-scale conventional conflict with NATO, according to the Institute for the Study of War, based on an analysis of several Russian financial, economic, and military indicators. The think tank explains that while any such conflict won’t happen imminently, Russia is likely planning on a shorter timeline than some Western analysts have previously posited. The Russian military is undertaking structural reforms to simultaneously support the war in Ukraine while expanding its conventional capabilities in preparation for a potential future conflict with NATO. Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu has outlined several ongoing efforts to bolster Russia’s conventional military capabilities, claiming that the Russian military plans to form two combined arms armies and 14 divisions, and 16 brigades by the end of 2024. However, ISW's assessment is that Russia currently lacks the manpower, military infrastructure, and training capacity to properly staff the divisions and formations it will need in the short to medium term.

Most analysts believe Russia is indeed looking to widen the conflict. While an average Joe or Jane may say "that's silly, why would they do that?" you can't apply logic to Putler or other fanatical egomaniacs! Studies show people like Putler truly believe they are invincible and that they have a divine purpose in life. They also don't care if what they causes the deaths of millions, to them, it's all part of the game.