IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Is anyone else an avid importer like me?  I was thinking this morning as I was on *cough* NA *cough* and looked at my badges.  I have never submitted for the import badge, but I have at least 25 imports for the Switch alone.  LOL!  I have several things that I got from Play Asia (all of their exclusives for sure) and I've bought a few 1st party Nintendo games from the UK because of the extras you get with them.  Most notably, Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, and soon Luigi's Mansion 3.  I'm a big fan of Shop 4 Mega Store.  Their prices are insane and usually lower than US prices including shipping.  If you can handle a PEGI logo on your game, I highly suggest checking it out.  It's the only place you can get some games like Aggelos and Songbird Symphony, which are top notch and only $20 including shipping.

Edited by Fleck586
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Is anyone else an avid importer like me?  I was thinking this morning as I was on *cough* NA *cough* and looked at my badges.  I have never submitted for the import badge, but I have at least 25 imports for the Switch alone.  LOL!  I have several things that I got from Play Asia (all of their exclusives for sure) and I've bought a few 1st party Nintendo games from the UK because of the extras you get with them.  Most notably, Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, and soon Luigi's Mansion 3.  I'm a big fan of Shop 4 Mega Store.  Their prices are insane and usually lower than US prices including shipping.  If you can handle a PGI logo on your game, I highly suggest checking it out.  It's the only place you can get some games like Aggelos and Songbird Symphony, which are top notch and only $20 including shipping.

I've imported a few Switch games so far (Human Fall Flat, Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime, EU versions of Link's Awakening and Smash Bros), I think the appeal for importing for this system is that it's region free so it's a lot easier to convince myself to pick them up. If I bought a European Wii U game I couldn't play it on my system without modding it, so I'd have to grab a European Wii U just to utilize it too. And like you said, Europe has gotten a lot of cool exclusive extras this gen.

I had Luigi's Mansion preordered from Germany, but I ended up cancelling it just because I'm trying to save money. That steelbook looks awesome though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZBomber said:

I've imported a few Switch games so far (Human Fall Flat, Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime, EU versions of Link's Awakening and Smash Bros), I think the appeal for importing for this system is that it's region free so it's a lot easier to convince myself to pick them up. If I bought a European Wii U game I couldn't play it on my system without modding it, so I'd have to grab a European Wii U just to utilize it too. And like you said, Europe has gotten a lot of cool exclusive extras this gen.

I had Luigi's Mansion preordered from Germany, but I ended up cancelling it just because I'm trying to save money. That steelbook looks awesome though!

I'm super stoked for that Steelbook.  I've never been that into them, but this console has me addicted to them. THe Daemon X Machina Steelbook is pretty sick, too.   I didn't even really consider the Super Rare Games stuff.  I have all of those as well.  I've picked up a few others here and there from other Limited EU Producers, but I have the full Super Rare set so far.  I always buy the three pack as soon as it goes up.

5 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Is anyone else an avid importer like me?  I was thinking this morning as I was on *cough* NA *cough* and looked at my badges.  I have never submitted for the import badge, but I have at least 25 imports for the Switch alone.  LOL!  I have several things that I got from Play Asia (all of their exclusives for sure) and I've bought a few 1st party Nintendo games from the UK because of the extras you get with them.  Most notably, Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, and soon Luigi's Mansion 3.  I'm a big fan of Shop 4 Mega Store.  Their prices are insane and usually lower than US prices including shipping.  If you can handle a PEGI logo on your game, I highly suggest checking it out.  It's the only place you can get some games like Aggelos and Songbird Symphony, which are top notch and only $20 including shipping.

*raises hand* I have several imports myself I mostly go after stuff that isn't released in the US 
Will have to check out that shop though as I thought I found a good one not long ago based in Canada/New York(they had Aggelos and Songbird) but at a $5 hike in comparison, but seemed pretty fair seeing I get them within like 3 days of ordering if in stock, selection is hit and miss though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

*raises hand* I have several imports myself I mostly go after stuff that isn't released in the US 
Will have to check out that shop though as I thought I found a good one not long ago based in Canada/New York(they had Aggelos and Songbird) but at a $5 hike in comparison, but seemed pretty fair seeing I get them within like 3 days of ordering if in stock, selection is hit and miss though. 

Shop4megastore.com is awesome. All their prices are shipped and it usually gets to me within 7-10 days. Which, for free, I'm totally happy with. You should totally check them out. Most times, their prices are better than US and THEN you get free shipping. I got Gun Gun Pixies from them for $47 shipped when it was $60 plus shipping everywhere here. Its PEGI rated though, so you have to be ok with that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fleck586 said:

Shop4megastore.com is awesome. All their prices are shipped and it usually gets to me within 7-10 days. Which, for free, I'm totally happy with. You should totally check them out. Most times, their prices are better than US and THEN you get free shipping. I got Gun Gun Pixies from them for $47 shipped when it was $60 plus shipping everywhere here. Its PEGI rated though, so you have to be ok with that.

Yeah as soon as I checked the site in and seen a few I was like holy shit lol.

aye I am good with PEGI and all the other ratings already have a few from UK in my collection doesn't matter that much to me as long as it plays.

Thanks for the heads up I will be placing an order soon with them no doubt. 

• Like 1

That kind of brings me to another question. Where do you guys get your news about Switch releases? I follow #Switchcorps on Twitter as well as JP's Switch Mania as well as the Switch Collectors page on Reddit and this thread. Are there any others that people are following that we should know about? Would it be a good idea to list these type of resources in the OP?

Subscriber T1 · Posted
3 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

That kind of brings me to another question. Where do you guys get your news about Switch releases? I follow #Switchcorps on Twitter as well as JP's Switch Mania as well as the Switch Collectors page on Reddit and this thread. Are there any others that people are following that we should know about? Would it be a good idea to list these type of resources in the OP?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NSCollectors/ is very good and so is their Discord channel https://discordapp.com/channels/317848458943791104

15 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

#switchcorps and JP's Switchmanina WTF the only ones I follow aside select publishers and developers and of course most limited game sites, LRG, SRG etc..

That JP guy and and Hagen are tight and do a Switch podcast together. He has a weekly list of every game from several regions that are being released including all the Limited companies. Very helpful.

3 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

That JP guy and and Hagen are tight and do a Switch podcast together. He has a weekly list of every game from several regions that are being released including all the Limited companies. Very helpful.

I hate using mobile, I was meaning FTW not WTF... 😑

but yeah Switchcorps and JP are awesome. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Skorp said:

I am guessing it is sold out for sure, but I'll be looking into it in the future in case it comes back. Where should I look for the Luigi's Mansion 3 and steelbook bundle that can ship to USA? I mean I tried to on GAME, but my phone number is not accepted.

I ordered the Link's Awakening Special Edition off GAME with no problems, did you register an account?

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

I am guessing it is sold out for sure, but I'll be looking into it in the future in case it comes back. Where should I look for the Luigi's Mansion 3 and steelbook bundle that can ship to USA? I mean I tried to on GAME, but my phone number is not accepted.

You can google fake UK numbers to use and it works. I don't ever remember that with GAME, but Shopto asked for a number then cancelled my order because it was International. 

4 hours ago, ap123 said:

UK cell phone numbers are 11 digits mostly starting with 07. Any combination of digits after that should work.

Awesome. Thank you so much! After putting a fake number, was able to choose international and order it! Hope they won't contact that number lol.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 2