IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

This month got a late-90s/early-2000 theme for me.

20210102_102759.jpg.501ce7bee4d0e490c9d26223067cab37.jpg

20210102_103218.jpg.33a6555f03a038c0984541b440dc4f24.jpg

Started focusing more on getting the manuals for the games I add (I also have my own manual for mario party 3 that I used to own back in the day, it's not in the picture because it's not new).

I also got add more manuals for stuff I already own, and also finished getting the manuals to catch up with my n64 carts.

20210102_102542.jpg.b28b61339fc1577b6ce660029583e4ef.jpg

Edited by sg17
  • Like 5

So, here are a few things that came in just before Christmas and on Christmas morning!

My daughter has been on a mission to get me to get all the 'Mama' and Mario Party games, so she was over the moon to learn about Crafting Mama and we picked up Mario Party DS for a couple of bucks. We found a copy of Cooking Mama 4, and I decided to sell my DS copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to get the 3DS version with the extras instead.

A few days later, I was at my local game store to get my sister a game she asked me to pick up, and he had just gotten in a CD-i with a few games. I picked up Tetris because...well, it's Tetris...I felt compelled, lol. That afternoon, I discovered Soul of the Samurai for PS1 which I hadn't heard of before and it looked pretty cool, so I poked around eBay and found a seller within Canada listing a complete copy at half the going rate because he had it tagged as disc only with 12 watchers. I messaged him, and he confirmed it was just a listing error, corrected it but didn't change the price, so that seemed like a nice get 🙂

Then, just before Christmas, copies of Stardew for my wife and I finally arrived, I bought her Café Enchanté for her birthday (I laughed at the request a little), my sister picked up Kirby and DK for me on Switch from a local seller (we've had these games, but they're my son's copies), I put FF IX in my wife's stocking, and as I mentioned in the 'Last game you got in 2020' thread, my folks got me DQ XI which was/is really special for me.

Well, that wraps it up for me. Thanks for looking, and I hope you all continue to find what you're looking for!

IMG_20201212_164014.jpg

IMG_20201212_160750.jpg

iI9FOymNSoqriFYAtP6V4Q.jpg

MgyrxHuLRNmyvCJhmmQapg.jpg

• Like 8

Got some used games today. I’m really excited about Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls on 3DS because it came with everything including the medal. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon on 3DS is cartridge only, but I’m okay with that. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on Wii is disc only and I paid almost nothing for it.

A9021980-C4EF-4B29-AA02-54E228B879C7.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, TDIRunner said:

Well, we pulled the trigger and decided to buy a second Switch so each of our kids can have his own.  I never originally planned to do that, but my wife and I had been talking about it recently.  I have been impressed with how well my kids are taking care of it, using it properly and storing it correctly to keep it safe.  My younger son (only 4) has really started to play some games very well by himself over the past few weeks.  I figured it would be another year before he started to do that.  I just happened to find a Fortnite Switch at Target so I picked it up.  I don't really care about the Fortnite stuff.  Neither of my kids plays that yet, but I really like the color of the blue and yellow Joy Cons.  Plus, the Switch and doc both have some Fortnite logos which means that each Switch will be unique for my kids.  

I'll still play the Switch myself of course, but I usually only do that after the kids go to bed.  

e2t9gbsthdcpmg16g.jpg

Holy cow that joy con color scheme is awesome, shame Nintendo doesn’t sell it separately!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

My daughter has been on a mission to get me to get all the 'Mama' and Mario Party games, so she was over the moon to learn about Crafting Mama and we picked up Mario Party DS for a couple of bucks.

That’s funny, I’m also on a mission to get all the Mama and Mario Party games.

From what I understand this was despite a loss and one being just jacked up, this was a killer deal out of a goodwill for $38.

The only time i've ever seen or bought these before was a .49 cent pickup 2 years back and that was Clawful, had his armor and clean, bought the weapon for $5 been on my desk since.

The image has the armor on the wrong cat, I did a little research.  The one on the right is the original run mold from an older 1978 toy and in orange stripe and original run of the armor so that's fixed and on a shelf now.  The one on the left sadly was He-Man, didn't realize the damage until it was home so he's a corpse and the two head one the arm is jacked and legs are dangling.  THe others are all in mostly great shape, just some paint loss on the rattlor snake figure but he does work.  I'm going to try and get a He-Man for the cat I will keep of those two.

motu-1-4-21.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

I picked up Tetris because...well, it's Tetris

CD-i Tetris is really crazy, I've wanted it for a while. But I've only ever been able to find still sealed copies, and even though they are still cheap, I don't want to pay extra for a game I'm gonna immediately unseal anyway.

A-Harp-seal-pup.jpg

It's worth owning just for the soundtrack.

• Like 1

Starting the year off good! In 2018 I found an NES M8 locally for $300 (from a game store no less). Today my wife found a Genesis demo unit on Marketplace for $40! Unfortunately I don't have a model 1 power adapter so I'm going to swing by a game store after work and give in a test run. Fingers crossed!

AvnYL3B - Imgur.jpg

H9ODDtS - Imgur.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 9

I picked up these lately. Hyrule warriors 1 was in stock at retail finally and I was able to grab it. Cadence of Hyrule was on sale at Best Buy the other day for $30 and I was able to pick it up so I felt that it was a enough of a deal. I bought Club Games for $30 as well from Best Buy's eBay page and it took a month to arrive. Better late than never!

I ordered Hyrule warriors 2 from Amazon and it came prime shipping in legit 24 hours and for some reason is the EU version? Strange but I can't complain. 

1458894782_IMG_20210104_1921042.jpg.0186c7eb9f0b66854999efae557e3742.jpg

• Like 4

I haven't gotten anything for the collection for months despite my best intentions, but this weekend finally proved fruitful. On OfferUp, I picked up this lot of Nintendo portables listed as "for parts". I was hoping some might be an easy fix but true enough, I couldn't get any to work. Still a great price.

IMG_20210104_154124424.jpg

This lot was another OfferUp grab. They were all listed separate and I really only wanted Punch Out, but she said she'd do $25 for the lot.

IMG_20210104_162742186.jpg

Lastly, I went into Game Stop to flip some games and found Path of Radiance and Harvest Moon: Magic Melody. Given the price, PoR was never a game I expected to own but for $105 complete with a NM disc (paid for 100% in trade credit), it was too good to pass up. There was even a official 1019 memory card in the case, but since GS doesn't sell them anymore, the manager just let me have it. I didn't realize it in the store, but when I got home and started to clean them up, the game in the Harvest Moon case was actually HM: Another Wonderful Life. 🤷‍♂️ So if anyone needs a loose copy, shoot me an offer.

IMG_20210104_160817760.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 10

29 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Lastly, I went into Game Stop to flip some games and found Path of Radiance and Harvest Moon: Magic Melody. Given the price, PoR was never a game I expected to own but for $105 complete with a NM disc (paid for 100% in trade credit), it was too good to pass up. There was even a official 1019 memory card in the case, but since GS doesn't sell them anymore, the manager just let me have it. I didn't realize it in the store, but when I got home and started to clean them up, the game in the Harvest Moon case was actually HM: Another Wonderful Life. 🤷‍♂️ So if anyone needs a loose copy, shoot me an offer.

Dude, finding that Fire Emblem at GameStop is insane.

2 hours ago, Aguy said:

I haven't gotten anything for the collection for months despite my best intentions, but this weekend finally proved fruitful. On OfferUp, I picked up this lot of Nintendo portables listed as "for parts". I was hoping some might be an easy fix but true enough, I couldn't get any to work. Still a great price.

This lot was another OfferUp grab. They were all listed separate and I really only wanted Punch Out, but she said she'd do $25 for the lot.

That's a great find!

22 hours ago, Aguy said:

A CIB Path of Radiance at gamestop is nuts! I saw once many many years ago for $29.99 I think and passed 😞