IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

I never said you did. 😅 What I said was a reference for those who might thought otherwise. As with the video, I used it because the majority of the video was used to show two of the three chargers. And was both the first and only one I found as a visual reference for what I finally bought (a year later). The pillow portion was at the end so I personally felt it was either a product others (who are Sega fans) might like, or be ignored once he shifted focus from the charger to that.

I think you're missing what I'm saying here. I'm aware of why you posted the video, I was curious why you linked to specifically the cushion portion of the video. When you click it, it doesn't start at the beginning, it starts immediately at the cushion and I was curious why. I had to skip all around the video to try and find the charger to which you were referring.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I think you're missing what I'm saying here. I'm aware of why you posted the video, I was curious why you linked to specifically the cushion portion of the video. When you click it, it doesn't start at the beginning, it starts immediately at the cushion and I was curious why. I had to skip all around the video to try and find the charger to which you were referring.

Probably because they linked it after they started watching. Just rewind, nbd.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Limited Run Games sells them once in awhile - I was going to order a dozen but the shipping was really steep and I already have a few spares lurking about anyway.

The Sega CD is perhaps my favorite console - a surprising number of great or near great games for a pretty small US library.  And all of those matching* blue spines lined up on a shelf are very handsome indeed.

I have about half of the library - never really wanted a complete set since for the most part  I tend to only collect games I (in theory anyway) will eventually play.

*Damn that pesky Snatcher with those diagonal white stripes on the spine marring the set!

12 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I don't know how good this run of these replacement cases  is - the first run apparently had some problems (which could be largely fixed IIRC if you had the old inserts to put in place of the new ones).

If they are well made that is really not that bad a price IMHO since the shipping is included.

https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-replacement-game-cases-SECOND/dp/B07GBMRQJW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sega+cd+cases&qid=1611055883&sr=8-1

Here is a review video on them:

Sega CD is definitely a cool console to collect for. I'm really enjoying exploring the library since I've had zero interaction with it prior to this project. And they really do look great lined up on a shelf.

Thanks for the link as well. I grabbed a pack of ten and I'm sure I'll be getting even more in the future.

Edited by DoctorEncore

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I am aware that YouTube has technical issues that include the issue you are talking about. What makes little sense is why you would assume that I'd do that on purpose. As opposed to, I don't know, see if it can be replicated on my end... Or maybe even see if there is a way to fix that issue. With both being a "no" in the end. 😩

And also, your opening question was obscure enough that it was misunderstood. Next time just ask me for any details that will have you have a better understanding on anything tied to me. Or just use the secret code to give me infinite confusion. 😅

Edited by FenrirZero

The DBZ guide was a Goodwill find for $2. Probably would have passed but it still had the DVD. Outrun on PSP is something I've been hunting for a long time. I found this copy newly listed on eBay for $15 shipped, which is about $10 less that it's going rate.

IMG_20210119_163913537.jpg

I love finding 80s/90s boom boxes. This one was $8 at another thrift store with a malfunctioning tape deck. When pressing play, I could hear the gears turning so I figured the driving band either broke or had fallen off. I bought it, took it home and took it apart and in fact the band had slipped off the sprocket. Now I just have to get it cleaned up and maybe find an antenna to replace the busted one.

IMG_20210119_165745416.jpg

Lastly, this Game Boy lot was another last moment eBay auction snipe for $42 shipped. There was only one picture and the details mentioned it stopped working recently. Luckily, the battery door was included and the compartment full of corrosion. After a couple minutes of cleaning and scrubbing, the thing works again minus a few lines from the screen. Pretty pleased as Darkwing Duck alone goes for $30.

IMG_20210119_162908738.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Aguy said:

e picture and the details mentioned it stopped working recently. Luckily, the battery door was included and the compartment full of corrosion. After a couple minutes of cleaning and scrubbing, the thing works again minus a few lines from the screen. Pretty pleased as Darkwing Duck alone goes for $30.

Take a lightest setting soldering iron over the ribbon where it touches into the LCD horizontally with pressure, see if you can get it to wake those lines up.  50/50 it'll work, if not it's probably a chip issue on that ribbon and it's finished.  Then just drop the $50-60 for a backlight LCD/pcb replacement and use it in the dark. 😄

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Take a lightest setting soldering iron over the ribbon where it touches into the LCD horizontally with pressure, see if you can get it to wake those lines up.  50/50 it'll work, if not it's probably a chip issue on that ribbon and it's finished.  Then just drop the $50-60 for a backlight LCD/pcb replacement and use it in the dark. 😄

I'll definitely be "resoldering" the screen, but I was planning to wait till next weekend. Also noticed that three of the posts are busted, so the case is being held together with just three screws, top right and two in the battery compartment. Not sure if I can fix that, or if I need a replacement shell.

Analogue flex! Got the NT mini last month for retail in a local pickup. Was impressed it with as it replaced my AVS. Picked up the SG on Facebook marketplace for about double retail and the Super NT on eBay for about double retail (came with an everdrive). I know analogue may someday put the SG and Super NT back in stock but I have no patience.

Edit: NT mini Noir

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 9

50 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Analogue flex! Got the NT mini last month for retail in a local pickup. Was impressed it with as it replaced my AVS. Picked up the SG on Facebook marketplace for about double retail and the Super NT on eBay for about double retail (came with an everdrive). I know analogue may someday put the SG and Super NT back in stock but I have no patience.

image.jpg

I adore my Analogue consoles. They work amazingly well and look sexy. Have fun!

13 hours ago, Aguy said:

I'll definitely be "resoldering" the screen, but I was planning to wait till next weekend. Also noticed that three of the posts are busted, so the case is being held together with just three screws, top right and two in the battery compartment. Not sure if I can fix that, or if I need a replacement shell.

For safety sake I'd replace the shell, even if the posts are rattling around in there, and I know superglue GEL from loctite is amazing for fixing stuff, I'm not sure i'd want to salvage that with 1/2 the posts compromised.  If you're keeping it, get a little creative.  See the attached image?  That's a translucent red shell, black buttons and contacts, black tempered glass border lens, and the modern backlight replacement screen+driver board(which includes the button contact spaces) for the DMG.  That entire job probably will set you back around $80 for everything in that image, but what you get out of it is incredible.  The screen will have 8 color choices, that one just is one that's like dmg pea green, then there's mono(b&w), red, green, yellow, pink, blue, and purple chosen off a button that also is a wheel that changes brightness intensity.

GBdmgred3.JPG

• Like 8

This came into my collection this week.
There isn't a lot of info about it but it seems like there is something between 50-100 of these.

I think they were given to employees or journalists.
I read on consolevariations that it was a press kit but I don't know if it's true.
What I do know is that Playtronic released the GB Pocket and so if Gradiente sent this as a press kit it was after the Playtronic deal and the console launch.

JUQ2ZHuh.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

This why I love this thread. Did not know about this game. After seeing this found the creator on Instagram and ordered one of his last copies! Very nice fellow by the way. 

Even better, he has several threads on this very website chronicling his son's game creations! This game will also be included in an upcoming Evercade release!

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Even better, he has several threads on this very website chronicling his son's game creations! This game will also be included in an upcoming Evercade release!

How in the heck did I miss this thread? I guess I am not on here as much as I use to be. Thanks for the info!