IGNORED

Reed's finds/pickups

Reed Rothchild

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

I like Infamous and Infamous 2, but they give me headache and nausea (really). Other similar games don't, maybe it's the camera, I don't know.

I thought this was just me! It's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels nauseous trying to play certain games like the Infamous titles.

I had to quit Infamous 2 before finishing it because of it. There's definitely something "strange". I play lots of PS3 action/fps/platform/racing games without feeling sick. Been playing Revelations and Revelations 2 for well over 50 hours each for example, and didn't have any issues.

Maybe the free camera is too fast? Or the way it moves when you move around? Or the colour palette?

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

I thought this was just me! It's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels nauseous trying to play certain games like the Infamous titles.

I, too, started getting headaches in the ps3 era. Motion blur was a common cause. 

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Titanfall 2 is a really great game it had the bad luck of being released with another AAA title which name escapes me right now

Yeah, the rave reviews had it on my radar.

This same place had a bunch of PS4 stuff I picked up in the last year, all for $5 each.  Alien Isolation, Mass Effect trilogy, Last of Us Part II, etc.  Alas.

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

July hauls, mostly Prime Day stuff

Obviously all of the thrift and pawn shop hauls I posted up above, with the biggest highlight being the Darkstalkers 3.

Soul Hackers 2 - $15 on Amazon
Monster Hunter World Iceborne - $20 on eBay
Mario Golf - $30 on Amazon
Dragon Quest Treasures - $29 on Amazon
Mario Rabbids 2 - $20 on Amazon
Theatrythm - $35 at Gamestop
Live-A-Live - $35 on eBay
Wildcats - $6 Shout Select, must have been on clearance
Fantastic Mr. Fox - $15 Criterion, been wanting to get this edition for a decade now

PXL_20230729_163714411.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

August stuff

Had a shit-ton of Amazon points from flights/hotels/etc., so I went pretty wild with Amazon purchases.  And I wasn't gonna wait on some of these since they never go on sale, and some of them go out of print pretty quickly:

Front Mission - $20 after Amazon points
Trails into Reverie - $40 after Amazon points
Advance Wars - $50 after Gamestop coupons
Tears of the Kingdom - gift from my mother, she always seems to surprise me with the newest Zelda
Final Fantasy VII - $60 on eBay, who knew this fucker would be hard to get, but I want to put it on my 2024 backlog list

The rest are a couple of longstanding LRG orders

And I also bought Parasite Eve 2 from @docile tapeworm, which I forgot to put in the pics

PXL_20230904_212205728.jpg

PXL_20230904_212338160.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Sept and Oct hauls, kind of?  To the best of my memory.

• The Quarry $17
  • SMBW $60 rare full price purchase
  • Pikmin $45 at GS
  • Movies all on sale on Amazon for October.  This is literally the 4th(!) time I've bought Phenomena and 5th(!!) time for Dog Soldiers.
  • Invader Zim at thrift store

PXL_20231101_044820830.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...