IGNORED

Reed's finds/pickups

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I marvel at how much modern gen you buy, someday you need to do a full tour Of your collections.  Add books and vhs, you must have a million shelves at your house lol

Yeah, kinda got priced out of retro for the time being.  Hard to buy Xenosaga III when it costs more than all of that stuff put together.

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, kinda got priced out of retro for the time being.  Hard to buy Xenosaga III when it costs more than all of that stuff put together.

I would say try harder:

8F0611F8-75ED-4186-BC51-15FFD4DB8D37.jpeg.c5400ee5935e04f9775e18fc01cf7d47.jpeg19CC22DA-BEC4-4776-8509-495DFF8B320E.jpeg.ed63d7ad8188dae52dd947c4f7dce1c9.jpeg

but I know you have kids so I try not to say that to those that have them, because I know free time is hard to come by. 

Ive noticed a steep downturn in prices, as someone who spends a good chunk of free time searching. But I don’t have to tell you that 😂😂

Prices are definitely starting to come down.  I posted some high end PS1 RPGs the other day that I bought from a friend.  When we agreed on price, we were well below market value at the time, but it was still a fair offer.  Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, family, schedules, ect., there was about a 10 day stretch between the day we agreed on a price and the day I picked up the games and paid.  When I got home and logged my games into my spreadsheet, I had noticed that the prices had actually fallen to very near what I paid.  😬   I'm not loosing any sleep over it, but I couldn't believe how much they fell in a period of less than two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

December hauls

• Life is Strange - $14 at GameStop after coupon
  • Cuphead - $35 at GameStop after coupon
  • Deathsmiles - $30 on Amazon after points
  • Shredders Revenge - Xmas gift
  • Final Fantasy - $5 at GameStop after coupon
  • Yakuza LaD- $20 on Amazon from Black Friday
  • Yakuza 6 - $20 on ebay

PXL_20221222_205029042.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Here's January

Two different LRG orders.  Stuck of Truth was $10 after a coupon.  Alien was like $14 on eBay.  Trails is like $23 new and still in print, but only the Euro version 

And I used Amazon points to get Bayonetta 3 for $25.  Except, it's hung up somewhere.  So if it doesn't arrive today I get a full refund.  Which is fine by me.

PXL_20230201_055955737.jpg

I'm down to about 10 PS4 games left that I'd like to own.  Unfortunately one of them is Shadow Complex.  Really just hoping it gets ported again.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

February hauls.  Except it seems I forgot to buy much of anything 🤣

Lost Metal was a thrift find.

Capcom collection was $25 at GameStop after a coupon.  Not that I like fighting games, but I'm a sucker for compilations.  It's a sickness.

Had a B&N gift card so I got the Roth novel.  I've been waiting for years to run across this at a thrift store, but it's never happened so I finally relented.

And then I'm sure I'll have like $3 worth of Amazon points this month so I'm not even gonna bother.

PXL_20230222_062408983.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

March stuff

• Shadow of Destiny and Ys I bought from @Gloves awhile ago.
  • Manhunt is another one of the PS2 games in my original collection that I've finally replaced.  I had over 100 games back then, and I have most of them back, but I probably only buy like 2-5 a year, so it's slow going.  Not counting all of the stuff that got PS3 and PS4 (or Switch) remasters, I think there's like 10 left to go.
  • Trails to Zero I've been trying to catch with a sale since it came out.  But that hasn't happened.  And the fact that they have been consistently selling for more than the Amazon price (for god knows what reason), finally got my FOMO to kick in, so I just bit the bullet and got it for the full $50.
  • Mario Party I got on Mar10 day for $40 to play with my boys.
  • Metroid Prime was in stock at Gamestop so I grabbed it.
  • Miles Morales was $14 after a Gamestop coupon.

PXL_20230324_032553405.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Spent way too much time trying to beat THE CURSE OF ENCHANTIA from Sierra. It was in fact a pretty bad point and click game with non-sensical puzzles. Only managed to finish it when the internets gave me access to a walkthrough.

For those interested in point and clicks, Sierra's King's Quest I, II and III have been fan-remade and are available for free from AGD Software here:

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

I've always hated them but this is a lot of work done for free which is always impressive.

• 4 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

April hauls

(not pictured) I grabbed a brand new 4K UHD "Everything Everywhere" combo pack from a pawn shop for $3

DoDonPachi and Knights of the Old Republic are from LRG

DMC was $7 from Gamestop after 2 coupons

Shadow of the Tomb Raider steelbook was $8 from Gamestop after a coupon

Village Gold was $40 on Amazon

Resonance was $5 from a pawn shop

Baba is You was $40 from eBay.  Figured I should grab it while it's in print.

Trails Azure and Yomowari was a FOMO since those series seem to be an absolute bitch to track down, especially a couple months after they release.

Tactics Ogre was $20 on Amazon after points

I got Octopath II and Xenoblade III (yet to arrive) as part of a Gamestop B1G1 sale, for $60 total

PXL_20230502_021126985.jpg

A friend of mine owns the local used book store, and the other day I noticed a pile of board games in the corner.  I asked if this one was for sale, and they told me to take it and get it off their hands.  Score.  Plus it's brand new and unpunched.

PXL_20230502_021133530.jpg

The only remaining PS4 games I need are Yakuza 6, Shadow Complex, Shadow Warrior 1 and 2, Dragon's Crown, and Odin Sphere, if someone wants to part with any of them 😄

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

May hauls

• Yakuza 0, $9 after Amazon points
  • LRG haul
  • Viewtiful Joe, $35 on ebay, for the backlog next year as I never finished it back in the day
  • Apollo Justice, $40 on ebay, to finish off my Ace Attorney set
  • Train to Busan blu steelbook, $3 at pawn shop

PXL_20230531_015518893.jpg

• Like 1