IGNORED

Reed's finds/pickups

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted

Took the boys back home to see the grandparents, and hit all my usual places.  But man have things changed in the 18 months since I've been here.

The big retro place moved across the state.  The other one had the most pathetic inventory I've ever seen.  You could tell they were trying to compensate by selling new games, including lots of LRG.  And my hidden gem pawn shop seems to have moved away from media.

Books are always a success though.

IMG_20210423_125231.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Reed's finds/pickups
Editorials Team · Posted

April Amazon points time.  This thing dropped to $55 (before points) so I finally jumped on it.  Can't believe how big this damn thing is.  I'll eventually try to get rid of the bonus crap because it takes up too much valuable shelf real estate.

IMG_20210501_093520.jpg

And then the random pickups from the last few weeks/months

IMG_20210501_093649.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 7:29 PM, drxandy said:

If you really don't want to open them it's really easy to load custom firmware on the psp and load games from the card reader (memory stick to microsd converter) instead of the battery draining and noisy UMD drive. 

That disc read grind is all part of the PSP charm. I love it.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Aguy said:

That disc read grind is all part of the PSP charm. I love it.

Respect, it does take away part of the original experience. The pspgo never had a drive so i try and justify it like that and even with cfw you still retain use of the drive whenever you want. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Took the boys back home to see the grandparents, and hit all my usual places.  But man have things changed in the 18 months since I've been here.

The big retro place moved across the state.  The other one had the most pathetic inventory I've ever seen.  You could tell they were trying to compensate by selling new games, including lots of LRG.  And my hidden gem pawn shop seems to have moved away from media.

Every place is just cleaned out. Good stuff doesn’t stay on the shelves long and people aren’t trading in as much as they used to. 

And maybe the pawn shop is selling the media on eBay!

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

August Amazon points time.  This time I used it towards Bravely II, which had dropped to $30.  And then UPS lost it.  Two weeks later it shows up, with the replacement copy.

Zelda was a gift from my mother.

Mario and the top row of UK import books were a gift to myself for a professional victory.

The rest are thrift store finds.

IMG_20210910_221216.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

October Amazon points.  I was able to get G-Darius for $10.

Gamestop sale: Monster Hunter for $33, Hotline Miami for $20, R-Type for $30, and I got Zombie Army for $12 to get free shipping with MH.  Sapphire was $40 and I feel like it's already hard to track down.

Mary Skelter was one I waffled on with LRG.  And then it was back in stock on Amazon for $50.  So I said screw it.  If I never have time to ever get to yet another JRPG, I can always sell for profit (probably).

Bought Smash Bros. for a game night (and we didn't even play it because I figured out you have to unlock all of the shit)

The retro games I bought from @spacepup

Bought Silence of the Lambs for the book club.  The rest are thrift store finds

PXL_20211029_050250119.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Amazon points time.  Dying Light was on sale for $35, and points got it down to $10.

Doom, Republic Commando, Bug Fables, Sam & Max, and Neo Geo are obviously LRG

Darksiders Genesis was $12 at Gamestop after a coupon.

Tony Hawk was $20 on Amazon

Ring Fit was $55 on Amazon

Crash 4 was $20 at Gamestop

Maneater was $20 at Gamestop

SMT V, Disgaea 6, and another game I'm giving to someone else were B2G1 for $120

Ace Attorney, Crysis, and Trails 4 were B2G1 for $80

Dariusburst was a birthday present from my mother

Was out of town and found Gradius 3/4 and No One Lives Forever for $41 total.

Found the books at a used bookstore in the same town.

PXL_20211130_043358498.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

It's that time of the year.  Holiday gifts + Amazon points + splurging on some stuff with a piece of my Christmas bonus.

Got all of these Sanderson imports with a giftcard from Xmas.

PXL_20220108_034839978.jpg

The top row were Xmas gifts from my mother, Redwall was a thrift store find, and the Abercrombie's I bought with my Amazon points for December.

PXL_20220108_034934592.jpg

Treated myself to both of these, $25 each on Amazon.  That gets my HG101 collection up to 5.

PXL_20220108_035026141.jpg

Got these all off eBay.  I used to own the first two, and always coveted the latter two.  Glad to finally have them all.  Again.

PXL_20220108_035141526.jpg

Panzer Paladin I bought with my Fantasy Football winnings.  Hot Wheels and Pokemon were Xmas gifts to me from my sons.  Tails of Iron and Blue Fire and Chicken Police and Oddworld and Ni No Kuni 2 were all on sale at Gamestop, and after coupons came out pretty cheap.  No More Heroes was an Xmas gift from my mother.  Metroid and Fata Morgana were from another gift card.

PXL_20220108_035510385.jpg

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted

I waited 10 damn years for these two movies to get blu ray releases, and they finally happened.

And then I finally splurged on an import order.  All Asian region, since the OCD in me cannot stand the thought of having spines that are in Japanese, or PAL (centered).

PXL_20220108_035325843.jpg

• Like 4