IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

8 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If I win, my reward is to play @Dr. Morbis at a game of his choosing? That should be interesting.

Well first I have to beat @Mega Tank, and he's been reaaaaal quiet...  I honestly have no idea what I'm dealing with.  Anybody have a link to the saved thread on NA/GoCollect that lists all the stats from previous years?

14 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well first I have to beat @Mega Tank, and he's been reaaaaal quiet...  I honestly have no idea what I'm dealing with.  Anybody have a link to the saved thread on NA/GoCollect that lists all the stats from previous years?

You want to look at the code too so you know just what you are dealing with? Mega can play. Cant half ass it this week. 

Morbus fishing for info, @Jeevanshitting in dougs easter basket when he never posts til sunday, @mbd39nipping at morbus heels even though they arent playing each other... Round 1 action lives up

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

You want to look at the code too so you know just what you are dealing with? Mega can play. Cant half ass it this week. 

Morbus fishing for info, @Jeevanshitting in dougs easter basket when he never posts til sunday, @mbd39nipping at morbus heels even though they arent playing each other... Round 1 action lives up

I don't know how much more I can play this week 🙄.  He will do better, I am just glad you are enjoying it 😒

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I know he can play - he beat Rad Racer 2 in one life!  I've already put like 4 hours into Pooyan and it's only Wednesday...

4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

might be the rom as i believe it kicked me back to the stage selection and i use fceux

my rom is also in japanese so that might be why????

You might be right. The ROM I downloaded is in Japanese as well, rather than the fan made English translation. I downloaded it from Wowroms. Either FCE Ultra GX (the GameCube port of FCEUX) can't quite emulate the bonus stages properly, or Wowroms has a bad ROM dump. Not sure which, though I haven't had any problems with FCE Ultra GX before. I played through Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti last month during your Halloween contest and it worked fine.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, MegaMan52 said:

You might be right. The ROM I downloaded is in Japanese as well, rather than the fan made English translation. I downloaded it from Wowroms. Either FCE Ultra GX (the GameCube port of FCEUX) can't quite emulate the bonus stages properly, or Wowroms has a bad ROM dump. Not sure which, though I haven't had any problems with FCE Ultra GX before. I played through Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti last month during your Halloween contest and it worked fine.

i probably grabbed the same rom, sounds like it is the emulator for gamecube then honestly.  I can try it again to be sure, just let me know and i will.  If you wanted you could get a better score on the pc, but you might not care enough 😆

24 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i probably grabbed the same rom, sounds like it is the emulator for gamecube then honestly.  I can try it again to be sure, just let me know and i will.  If you wanted you could get a better score on the pc, but you might not care enough 😆

I have FCEUX as well, so I tried it on that. It freezes on the bonus stages, just like with FCE Ultra GX: 

kerokerokeroppinodaiboukenissue.jpg.81915041f25b6c721228e815591c88c4.jpg

Oh well, it's not a big deal. I don't mind that my score is low. I still had fun playing through the game.

Edited by MegaMan52

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, MegaMan52 said:

I have FCEUX as well, so I tried it on that. It freezes on the bonus stages, just like with FCE Ultra GX: 

kerokerokeroppinodaiboukenissue.jpg.81915041f25b6c721228e815591c88c4.jpg

i was doing it out of curiosity and I beat all bonus stages on level 1......worked just fine, gonna try to get to world 2 i guess......or just reset, but ill let ya know

• Like 1