IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Holy Diver

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You beat me on progress by one platform. You had to have taken your picture there on purpose.

Lol I honestly didnt know platform matters. I took the photo there because I fall in that hole 90% of the time. I got hrough level 2 on one life a bunch last night. May be able to get a clean run to level 3 tonight if I get time before cutoff. 

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lol I honestly didnt know platform matters. I took the photo there because I fall in that hole 90% of the time. I got hrough level 2 on one life a bunch last night. May be able to get a clean run to level 3 tonight if I get time before cutoff. 

I don't know if the platform matters since we're in the same section. I took my picture there and fell in the hole right after. I was going to give it another try this morning, but didn't get around to it.

13 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@Krunch Did you seriously not even manage to get to the end of the first hallway? 😮  I know the game is hard, but damn dude!

I was doin the last minute thang again, but only clued in about the time change changing the relative time with 5 minutes left 😜.   Really it was quite a feat in itself to do it all so fast

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, PII said:

STAGE 3 SECTOR 10 MAGIC 30       (see post p.2 for further details)

STAGE 3 SECTOR 10 MAGIC 48       (same deal except w/48 magic)

STAGE 4 SECTOR 6 MAGIC 00

STAGE 8 SECTOR 7/8 MAGIC 114/122

HD6..png

First of all: that's the closest to the buzzer I've ever seen!

Second of all: there are only six stages in the game!

And finally, third of all: that looks like Stage 4 Sector 7 in your pics...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Well, I made it to stage 4 sector 8 and jumped up onto the block for the wing to restore my magic but did not get the pic in time before being killed and having the screen go black so I posted my previous progress from tonight as well which ended on sector 7.

@Sumez Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think you deserve the win!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

First of all: that's the closest to the buzzer I've ever seen!

Second of all: there are only six stages in the game!

And finally, third of all: that looks like Stage 4 Sector 7 in your pics...

lol, yeah, that was frantic last minute fumbling with the camera to try and make it on time  (correction - stage 4)

2 minutes ago, PII said:

Well, I made it to stage 4 sector 8 and jumped up onto the block for the wing to restore my magic but did not get the pic in time before being killed and having the screen go black so I posted my previous progress from tonight as well which ended on sector 7.

@Sumez Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think you deserve the win!

Well it was a valiant effort, I'll give you that!  But the idea of beating all of Stage 4 and the boss on your first try is like a "whole 'nuther level" and I would have been shocked if anyone here had accomplished that feat in a mere week of practice...

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well it was a valiant effort, I'll give you that!  But the idea of beating all of Stage 4 and the boss on your first try is like a "whole 'nuther level" and I would have been shocked if anyone here had accomplished that feat in a mere week of practice...

I didn't really expect to clear Stage 4.  My goal this evening was just to get to sector 8, jump up on that block and snap the pic.  Those Gollum things are such a major pain in the arse.  I'd need another full day or two to formulate/execute a workable strategy...

Just now, PII said:

I didn't really expect to clear Stage 4.  My goal this evening was just to get to sector 8, jump up on that block and snap the pic.  Those Gollum things are such a major pain in the arse.  I'd need another full day or two to formulate/execute a workable strategy...

Well it's kinda good that you didn't get an epic run and beat the boss since you technically missed the deadline by an hour 😉  But your current update doesn't change your placing at all so no harm done...