IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Holy Diver

BeaIank

17 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

It鈥檚 been a rough couple weeks for me. No time or motivation to play. I鈥檓 most likely done for the season.聽

Hopefully you are able to play in the tournament. You would be a tough matchup for whoever has to play you in the first round.聽

MemberPosted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You beat me on progress by one platform. You had to have taken your picture there on purpose.

Lol I honestly didnt know platform matters. I took the photo there because I fall in that hole 90% of the time. I got hrough level 2 on one life a bunch last night. May be able to get a clean run to level 3 tonight if I get time before cutoff.聽

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lol I honestly didnt know platform matters. I took the photo there because I fall in that hole 90% of the time. I got hrough level 2 on one life a bunch last night. May be able to get a clean run to level 3 tonight if I get time before cutoff.聽

I don't know if the platform matters since we're in the same section. I took my picture there and fell in the hole right after. I was going to give it another try this morning, but didn't get around to it.

MemberPosted
13 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@Krunch Did you seriously not even manage to get to the end of the first hallway? 馃槷聽 I know the game is hard, but damn dude!

I was doin the last minute thang again, but only clued in about the time change changing the relative time with 5 minutes left 馃槣.聽聽 Really it was quite a feat in itself to do it all so fast

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, PII said:

STAGE 3 SECTOR 10 MAGIC 30 聽 聽 聽聽(see post p.2 for further details)

STAGE 3 SECTOR 10 MAGIC 48 聽 聽 聽 (same deal except w/48 magic)

STAGE 4 SECTOR 6 MAGIC 00

STAGE 8 SECTOR 7/8 MAGIC 114/122

HD6..png

First of all: that's the closest to the buzzer I've ever seen!

Second of all: there are only six stages in the game!

And finally, third of all: that looks like Stage 4 Sector 7 in your pics...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

MemberPosted

Well, I made it to stage 4 sector 8 and jumped up onto the block for the wing to restore my magic but did not get the pic in time before being killed and having the screen go black so I posted my previous progress from tonight as well which ended on sector 7.

@Sumez Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think you deserve the win!

MemberPosted
3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

First of all: that's the closest to the buzzer I've ever seen!

Second of all: there are only six stages in the game!

And finally, third of all: that looks like Stage 4 Sector 7 in your pics...

lol, yeah, that was frantic last minute fumbling with the camera to try and make it on time 聽(correction - stage 4)

2 minutes ago, PII said:

Well, I made it to stage 4 sector 8 and jumped up onto the block for the wing to restore my magic but did not get the pic in time before being killed and having the screen go black so I posted my previous progress from tonight as well which ended on sector 7.

@Sumez Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think you deserve the win!

Well it was a valiant effort, I'll give you that!聽 But the idea of beating all of Stage 4 and the boss on your first try is like a "whole 'nuther level" and I would have been shocked if anyone here had accomplished that feat in a mere week of practice...

MemberPosted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well it was a valiant effort, I'll give you that!聽 But the idea of beating all of Stage 4 and the boss on your first try is like a "whole 'nuther level" and I would have been shocked if anyone here had accomplished that feat in a mere week of practice...

I didn't really expect to clear Stage 4. 聽My goal this evening was just to get to sector 8, jump up on that block and snap the pic. 聽Those Gollum things are such a major pain in the arse. 聽I'd need another full day or two to formulate/execute a workable strategy...

Just now, PII said:

I didn't really expect to clear Stage 4. 聽My goal this evening was just to get to sector 8, jump up on that block and snap the pic. 聽Those Gollum things are such a major pain in the arse. 聽I'd need another full day or two to formulate/execute a workable strategy...

Well it's kinda good that you didn't get an epic run and beat the boss since you technically missed the deadline by an hour 馃槈聽 But your current update doesn't change your placing at all so no harm done...

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome! @guillavoie聽and I have the honour to present the 2021 VGS NES Tournament, which picks the top 16 players of the season to play among themselves to decide the 2021 VGS NES Tournament Champion.

@Dr. Morbis聽was already crowned the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Champion and will have the chance to add another title to his collection should he choses to play in the tournament.
      While we wait for our top 16 players to confirm their participation and see if we will have to hunt for replacements, here are how the things will run for this tournament.
      21th to 28th - Pools, single elimination, 16 players.
      28th to 5th - top 8, single elimination, 8 players
      5th to 12th - Grand finals, 4 players, everyone against everyone.
      For Pools and Top 8, a selection of games will be given for the top seeded players to pick.
      The seeding for Pools 1 will be as follow:
      Bracket 1: 1st place vs 16th place Bracket 2: 2nd place vs 15th place Bracket 3: 3rd place vs 14th place Bracket 4: 4th place vs 13th place Bracket 5: 5th place vs 12th place Bracket 6: 6th place vs 11th place Bracket 7: 7th place vs 10th place Bracket 8: 8th place vs 9th place The seeding for top 8 will be as follow:
      Winner of bracket 1 vs winner of bracket 8 Winner of bracket 2 vs winner of bracket 7 Winner of bracket 3 vs winner of bracket 6 Winner of bracket 4 vs winner of bracket 5 The games for Pools are below:
      Pooyan (shooter)
      Challenger (plataformer)
      Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken (puzzle)
      Ninja Hattori-kun (action)
      Taito Chase H.Q. (racing)
      The games for top 8 will be revealed at the end of the Pools phase.

Confirmed players:
      @Dr. Morbis
      @Krunch
      @0xDEAFC0DE
      @docile tapeworm
      @bertsampson
      @NESfiend
      @Bearcat-Doug聽
      @Jeevan
      @PII
      @the_wizard_666
      @FireHazard51
      @mbd39
      @Ausden
      @MegaMan52
      @JamesRobot
      @Mega Tank
      Good luck for all the players. Expect some nastiness in game selection for top 8 and for the grand finals.

• By BeaIank
      For this special week, we have a special game with a special set of rules to define the very special Puzzle genre champion!
      It is all so 90s! It is time for KLAX!
      This week will be a tough call for @bertsampson, who stands 2nd with 26 points against @0xDEAFC0DE33 points. He needs to win and hope that聽0xDEAFC0DE scores out of the top 8.
      But enough of that! Here's what's everyone expecting! KLAX rules!
      Pick difficulty easy and ramping on Beat the 1st stage and take your picture to record your 2nd stage starting score Do your best to score as many points on stage 2. If you beat stage 2, pause the game at the start of stage 3 and take your picture. Your final score is your stage 2 score minus the stage 1 score Highest score wins Genre: Puzzle
      So rad Klax maniacs, good luck figuring the winning pattern for stage 2. We broke stage 1 to hell last time. This time you all will have to get creative!
      The contest ends Sunday, 11/07/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      For this week, we have a classic of all ages to define the winner of the Shoot 'em up genre for 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest.
      @Dr. Morbis聽leads the shooter scoreboard with 26 points, but @docile tapeworm聽comes in 2nd with 21 points, with the possibility to claim the title. @bertsampsonand @NESfiend聽also stand a chance for taking the title with 20 points each,
      The rules for this week are below:
      1 player only Play until Game Over Highest score wins Shoot them up!

The contest ends Sunday, 10/31/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome, welcome!
      This week we will see who will be crowned the VERY FIRST VGS NES Weekly Contest Racing champion!
      Right now, the dispute has @NESfiend聽with 30 points and a very comfortable lead of 5 points over @PII, who has 25 points. With 22 points, @Dr. Morbis聽has no chance to take the crown from Nesfiend, so the dispute this week is between only him and Pii
      To decide this matter, the game of choice is R.C. Pro Am II. The rules are as follow:
      Player 1p only Play till game over You are not allowed to use continues. You ended 4th? TOUGH LUCK! You are done for. You can't name your character NES in order to start with $5000 before race 1. Take your picture at the highscore screen The player with the highest amount of points win Genre: Racing Pedal to the metal, ladies and gentlemen.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/24/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome to the last round of the Action genre in the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, which will define who will claim the title and bring it home!
      For the Action genre run, we have聽@Dr. Morbis聽leading with 28 points, with @PII聽and @bertsampson聽tied in 2nd with 23 points. Finally @NESfiend聽and @mbd39are tied in 4th with 21 points. All of them have the chance to claim the title, despite the big lead Dr. Morbis sports.
      The rules for this week are as follow:
      1 life only Once you die, take your picture death screen, which stays on for a very short time, or wait till you respawn, pause the game and take your picture If you beat the final boss without dying, be quick to take a picture of him dying then pause the game when you respawn at 1-1 It is not allowed to point press at the boss door if you have flying. Once you reach the boss door, you have to go in. Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 points Genre: Arcade
      Best of luck, gentlemen and gentlewomen.
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/17/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun