IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Holy Diver

BeaIank

2 hours ago, PII said:

Is anyone besides PII actively playing this game?!

Ive played 3 or 4 games half asleep over the last few nights if that counts. I got the hype a little at first, but havent been able to get into it. Been trying to clear out BL2 for completions thread before the tourney starts, so that hasnt helped either 

Jesus this game is annoyingly brutal, and I now remember why I stopped playing it back in the days.

I wanted to use this contest as an excuse to finally get through the game, but I don't think I can possibly muster the patience for those last two stages!

I can definitely reach stage 4 on one life I'm sure, but I can't possibly see how the stage 4 boss won't kill me, if I even make it that far.

10 hours ago, PII said:

@NESfiend I noticed you were at bat over there.  Very well you have a viable excuse...

75 games to win the regular season then 4 more to win ws. Got 74th win last night, so I should be able to finish that out tonight. Probably play around with holy diver some saturday night before starting practice runs of a game NO ONE WILL EVER SEE COMING AT MY CHOOSING for round 1 of the tourney.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

Jesus this game is annoyingly brutal, and I now remember why I stopped playing it back in the days.

I wanted to use this contest as an excuse to finally get through the game, but I don't think I can possibly muster the patience for those last two stages!

I can definitely reach stage 4 on one life I'm sure, but I can't possibly see how the stage 4 boss won't kill me, if I even make it that far.

When I beat this game a few years ago, it was with continues, and Stage 4 was by far where I spent most of my time, in large part due to the boss.  Once I finally beat the Stage 4 boss, Stage 5 was relatively easy and Stage 6 only had one really bad screen, and the final boss was one of the easiest in the game IF you saved your magic.  I don't think I'll ever try a 1cc run of this, but I have mad respect for anyone who can accomplish that feat.  Doing a No-Death run, on the other hand, is like a God level tier of gaming, from my perspective...

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure @Richardhead has beaten the game with a full magic meter and he's just holding his score back. 

Oof. I have not had any time to play this week. Hell, I haven’t even made it upstairs where the NES is. Hopefully I can get a participation score either tonight or Sunday morning.

24 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Oof. I have not had any time to play this week. Hell, I haven’t even made it upstairs where the NES is. Hopefully I can get a participation score either tonight or Sunday morning.

If my NES was upstairs, it would probably take me all week to get around to playing too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If my NES was upstairs, it would probably take me all week to get around to playing too.

That is where the majority of my entertainment lives. It’s a loft that I use as a living room. My actual living room houses my bikes and doubles as a dining area. My dining area is for Mr. Pickles and a coffee table for my wine rack. 

39 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

That is where the majority of my entertainment lives. It’s a loft that I use as a living room. My actual living room houses my bikes and doubles as a dining area. My dining area is for Mr. Pickles and a coffee table for my wine rack. 

My arthritic knees and stairs are natural enemies.