IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

The VGA 90 $38k Tyson finally sold on Ebay, lol. Took what, an hour? The flippers need faster trigger fingers! Someone finally realized there is a $10,000s disconnect between the one that sold for $100k and this one in identical condition.

Edited by DefaultGen

5 minutes ago, AdamW said:

I thought you meant that Ruby pic you posted was your copy, it'd grade a 9.6 or 9.8 with WATA most likely right? Just wondered if HA buyers might prefer a WATA 9.6/9.8 over a VGA 90...

i dont see how they convert on the grades.

i can save the buyer a lot of money by selling on here but also i dont mind keeping it

wow, first GB Pokemon block ended with not much advance on internet bids. Blue #2 went $6k, Red #1 went $60k, Red #3 went $21k, Yellow #1 went $15k. Auctioneer sounded surprised, like they expected them to go off. Interesting...GBA block coming up soon.

Edited by AdamW
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AdamW said:

wow, first GB block ended with not much advance on internet bits. Blue #2 went $6k, Red #1 went $60k, Red #3 went $21k, Yellow #1 went $15k. Auctioneer sounded surprised, like they expected them to go off. Interesting...GBA block coming up soon.

red 1st is available at 60k! dm me

Crystal 9.8/A++ sold for $75k, that's $90k with buyer's premium included, which is a new record for a Pokemon game I believe. A copy of Stadium 2 went for $22k which is interesting, beating out Blue and Yellow. Emerald 9.8/A+ went $46k, that's $55,200 with buyer's premium.

Overall I think all the Pokemon sales were records or close to it, but maybe didn't go quite as high as HA were expecting. That Crystal is a pretty big number, though.

1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

Crazy that grades barely matter for some games and have exponential multipliers for others. Like I know Pokemon games are common, $5k for a 9.0, $50k for 9.8. Mario Kart 64 on the other hand sells for $35k for an 8.5. What would a 9.8 be, two million dollars?

Yeah, it is interesting. There's some logic to it, though. That Mario Kart 64 print apparently is pretty rare, whereas Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire really aren't; a 9.0 sealed copy isn't that hard to come by, a 9.8 is a lot more so. The 9.8 graded copies all definitely sold at big premiums for being that grade.

BTW, the Pokemon Red sales today and from end of last year are an interesting study in condition vs. precedence/rarity. We have these notable Red sales recently (prices including buyer's premium):

#1 print, 9.4/A++ condition, $72000 (today) - about 25% of all sealed copies are this print, probably
#2 print, 9.8/A++ condition, $84000 (December) - about 50% sealed population
#3 print, 9.6/A++ condition, $25200 (today) - about 25% sealed population

Put that together, and it seems like HA buyers definitely values condition and precedence right now; a 9.8/A++ first print Red might beat the Crystal price. Print rarity I guess they either don't know or don't care so much about, or the third print might have gone a bit higher. I'm estimating the population numbers based on my surveys of Red and Blue combined.

Edited by AdamW

This is a reply to the last 3 pages or so.

People need to realize here that the Pawn Stars show is a business in itself, separate from the Pawn Stars store. During filming, the store is shut down, the sellers are lined up outside prior to filming and sign a NDA. Sometimes the seller already knows they aren't going to sell at any price, sometimes they legitimately found something valuable in their basement and want to unload it.

I would say this PROBABLY happened.......Deniz wanted to get more exposure on his brand so he put a call out to anyone in the area that would be willing to take a high value game and go on the show. He set it all up, then flew himself from Denver to Las Vegas to be there for filming (Wata isn't around the corner). The show agrees to this item being on air, all is good to go and they do the segment. There was never any intention for Pawn Stars to buy and the owner to sell, it was a mutually beneficial entertainment segment for all parties. Pawn Stars got an episode out of it that they could clip and put on YouTube and Wata got advertising. I think it was brilliant, I actually applaud Deniz for such a creative way to advertise. VGA needs to take notes.

Also, someone mentioned they were looking at Wata serial numbers on games and speculating that the XXXXXX-006, XXXXX-007 and XXXXXXX-008 were all increments of the same game..........they're not. The first section of numbers is the submission lot number, so if I submit 10 games, they all start with that same lot number which is unique to my submission. The second set of numbers is the number in my lot, so each game would get 001, 002, 003 and so on, it's completely irrelevant to the name of the game. Now this number may be persistent through subsequent lots so it may continue for each of one person's lots instead of starting over at 1 but it is related to one single person's submissions. You can't use this system to determine how many of a certain game has been graded. 

IMG_20210402_134920.jpg

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

The VGA 90 $38k Tyson finally sold on Ebay, lol. Took what, an hour? The flippers need faster trigger fingers! Someone finally realized there is a $10,000s disconnect between the one that sold for $100k and this one in identical condition.

More like minutes. I told a couple big spenders to just buy that and cross it a few weeks back. It should have never sat that long, 90 Tysons don't really exist regardless of print. 

56 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Also, someone mentioned they were looking at Wata serial numbers on games and speculating that the XXXXXX-006, XXXXX-007 and XXXXXXX-008 were all increments of the same game..........they're not. The first section of numbers is the submission lot number, so if I submit 10 games, they all start with that same lot number which is unique to my submission. The second set of numbers is the number in my lot, so each game would get 001, 002, 003 and so on, it's completely irrelevant to the name of the game. Now this number may be persistent through subsequent lots so it may continue for each of one person's lots instead of starting over at 1 but it is related to one single person's submissions. You can't use this system to determine how many of a certain game has been graded.

That was me. I wasn't speculating that it definitely indicates a single game, no. I understand that they just grade whatever set of games a person sends in all as one bundle like that. But if four of the games from one lot are all the exact same (relatively uncommon) print of one Pokemon game, the chances that a lot or all of the other games from the same lot were as well seem significant.

Edited by AdamW

$660k! Pretty sure we’ll see a game hit $1,000,000 this year. Crazy! 

Super Mario Bros. - Wata 9.6 A+ Sealed [Hangtab, 1 Code, Mid-Production], NES Nintendo 1985 USA.... https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/super-mario-bros-wata-96-a-sealed-hangtab-1-code-mid-production-nes-nintendo-1985-usa/a/7242-93028.s

Edited by 16BitBricks

Wow!!! Unreal prices for almost everything! Genesis Madden for $50,000! Genesis Sonic 2 for $22,000! Nes Tecmo bowl for $14,400! Nes black seal Mario 2 $39,200! And of course the Tyson's, Super Mario Bros, and everything else breaking records every where for everything! it is safe to say that we are officially in unchartered waters with this hobby/market! I still can't believe what just happened! Boom! Get ready for the media and articles talking about this.

With that absolutely huge disconnect between eBay and HA, these are obviously people just now jumping on the bandwagon.  At what point do these “investors” price out everybody and can only sell to other investors?  Surely there are only a handful of people driving these prices up, right? 

Edited by final fight cd
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

With that absolutely huge disconnect between eBay and HA, these are obviously people just now jumping on the bandwagon.  At what point do these “investors” price out everybody and can only sell to other investors?  Surely there are only a handful of people driving these prices up, right? 

You could bunch every single one on Earth together in an single large room, I'd think.

• Like 1