IGNORED

What game genre is your #1 ?

Nintegageo

Events Team · Posted

Honestly, I'm not sure I could pick one specific genre as my favorite, I like most games, frankly. I guess if action-adventure counts as it's own genre, even though that could be any number of things, I would say that. Games like Legend of Zelda. I do also really love open world games, but I'm not sure if I would consider that my downright favorite genre.

• Like 1

My favorite game is Tetris but I'd be hard put to list puzzles as my favorite genre. Probably platformers, or rather action games that contain platforming such as NES Batman, Contra and Ninja Gaiden rather than the Mario variety.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Mario, DKC, Sonic, Castlevania, I am very specific on platformers. Most are just long confusing messes.
Then RPGs, western is my most played, but I like the classic turn based also. I prefer playing them on the switch or emulator so I can quit out whenever I need to. Instead of waiting for hours to find a save point. 

• Like 1

The #1 Spot is a toss up between Action RPGs (Mass Effect Trilogy, "Tales of") and Turn-based Strategy (Advance Wars, XCOM).  And a close 3rd is probably Adventure/Sandbox (Assassin's Creed/GTA V/Tomb Raider Reboots/LoR "Shadow of") although I would argue those are just a subset of Action RPGs.

I do have to say I love it when there is a mishmash of genres in a game and it works too (Sigma Star Saga, Guardian Legend).  I really like almost every genre...but if I had to pick 3 to never play again, it would be Puzzle (I'm not smart enough 😞 ), Racing (I can only stand arcade or kart racers anymore), and JRPG (too much of a time sink *sigh*).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, themisfit138 said:

Then RPGs, western is my most played, but I like the classic turn based also. I prefer playing them on the switch or emulator so I can quit out whenever I need to. Instead of waiting for hours to find a save point. 

Sorry I couldn't resist 😄 

As for you other point, if you play them on the Switch or emulator how are you supposed to get trophies? 😞