IGNORED

Variant collectors

NES generally. I feel empty without the resources from NA, but don't have the knowledge to get a functional thread going with enough data to be helpful. It's nice to here others are already working on some of this. I've mostly gotten into screw variants, but now I'm trying to broaden my horizons

Signing in real quick.

I consider myself a variant hunter and I’m here getting ready to post at least three of my lists soon.

An updated version of my NTSC List, the PAL-A List, and PAL-B List. From there, it’s pretty simple for me to post variants lists.

Things like Hangtabs, Screw Variants, and Major Art Variants are already well documented on my PC. It’s just a matter of me figuring out where to come up with some time is all!

I also have a list of PAL Small Boxes, PAL Exclusives, PAL Name Changes, and Sachen Variants as well.

The only thing that’s lost that I don’t think I can rebuild is the Comboy / Asian / Hong Kong set and the Brazilian licenses set....I have the list, but no photos.

I would copy all those variant lists from NA. The community made them. Also I think a separate variant collecting sub forum would be nice. That way every system can have its posts. Might be a little too much. Just an idea.

I dabble in some variants. Not serious though. I was working on the N64 ones before they exploded in popularity. I got most, but missed a few. I try to pick up the rare variant carts for my NES set and replace the common ones.

I enjoy hunting for variants and have been actively chasing Canadian variant Genesis games.   There was a great resource on the old segaage site, hoping we can transfer that info here.  

Did any of the few active segaage users make it over here?  I was royalt on the old sites as well.

Oh awesome!!   

man it is sad the NA stuff is gone...

You can access it by the search function but it barely works.  Every word you type will search for every word separately on gocollect.

So if you search 5 screw variant;

Every post with 5 in it shows up, every post with screw, and every post with variant...

44 minutes ago, Rman said:

Oh awesome!!   

man it is sad the NA stuff is gone...

You can access it by the search function but it barely works.  Every word you type will search for every word separately on gocollect.

So if you search 5 screw variant;

Every post with 5 in it shows up, every post with screw, and every post with variant...

Try using quotation marks. I believe it has that basic level of functionality.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, RoyalT said:

I enjoy hunting for variants and have been actively chasing Canadian variant Genesis games.   There was a great resource on the old segaage site, hoping we can transfer that info here.  

Did any of the few active segaage users make it over here?  I was royalt on the old sites as well.

Hey bud, I made it over! If you're able to port my Canadian Genesis thread over here that would be fantastic!  All the images there link to imgur so there shouldn't be any risk of the images dying.

I'm also making sure that my spreadsheet is up to date with each of the 60 Canadian games discovered so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supergamboy said:

Hey bud, I made it over! If you're able to port my Canadian Genesis thread over here that would be fantastic!  All the images there link to imgur so there shouldn't be any risk of the images dying.

I'm also making sure that my spreadsheet is up to date with each of the 60 Canadian games discovered so far.

Awesome!  You had so many useful threads over there.  Hoping we can revive them.  I'll poke around and see what I can do.

I find it easiest to do a Google search for Nintendoage (or Segaage) and then the approximation of the thread title.  Usually I can pull up the links to the (broken) threads - and even if they're broken, I at least know the exact name of the thread.

Then using that exact thread name, searching GoCollect using quotes has been fine.

• Thanks 1

Just now, supergamboy said:

I find it easiest to do a Google search for Nintendoage (or Segaage) and then the approximation of the thread title.  Usually I can pull up the links to the (broken) threads - and even if they're broken, I at least know the exact name of the thread.

Then using that exact thread name, searching GoCollect using quotes has been fine.

I totally forgot, but this is also what I've done a few times. Thanks for posting it here.