IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Dr. Mario

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome fellow players! Prepare yourselves for this week you shall play... Doctor!
Do your best to treat your patient using your fake medicine skills, granted by your fake medical license and try to not get caught while doing it!

The rules for this week are very simple:

• 1 player only
  • Play on Virus Level 0, Speed Medium
  • Play until Game Over
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 11,000
  • GENRE: Puzzle

17_Dr_Mario_Sage.png.1db8df5e4c8482a74d8

The contest ends Sunday, 07/11/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 2,738,400
2nd bertsampson 2,024,000
3rd GameboyRicky 1,580,400
4th Dr. Morbis 898,000
5th Californication 326,000
6th Krunch 279,400
7th PII 210,800
8th mbd39 207,800
9th Jeevan 153,600
10th CasualCart 106,600
11th Gloves 43,600
12th MegaMan52 22,200

11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, I like this game a lot (though I mostly suck at it), but starting at level 0 on Medium is going to make for some looooong games, even for shitty players like me...

I was actually hoping it would be a ruleset like this when I thought Id have a working NES and some time. Thats fun as shit. Hopefully I can find a chunk of time Sunday when Im back

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

How is this score even possible? Are you doing huge crazy ass combos on every stage or what?

If you beat stage 24 it keeps repeating. Problem is that first couple seconds of stage 24 can go sideways quick, but if you git gud at that first few seconds you just rinse and repeat.

Edited by Californication