IGNORED

Silverspoon Fridays #1: Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario 64?

SilverspoonGaming

Silverspoon Fridays #1  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would you choose?

• Super Mario Bros 3 - NES
    • Super Mario 64 - N64

Situation: Youre stranded in a log cabin far from anyone with no lines of communication available. You have electricity, a tv, and a video game console, and the choice of one of two video games to pass the weekend before Monday hits and you can go back to civilization. Which of the following two games do you choose to spend your next two days playing?

Super Mario Bros 3 - NES
Super Mario 64 - N64

Mario 64! 

Mario 3 is great, obviously, and these games are quite different, so comparing them isn't necessarily fair. But I prefer Mario 64 over Mario 3, and also if you're talking about a whole weekend you can finish Mario 3 in an afternoon, but getting 120 stars in Mario 64 could easily stretch over the two days.

So, yeah, Mario 64 for me! 🙂

• Like 3

Super Mario 64 for sure. Bros 3 is great but 64 is my 2nd favorite game of all time. It's my favorite platformer, favorite 3D game, favorite Mario game, and it's also the game that singlehandedly made me into a gamer. I had played games before SM64 but I never thought of myself as a gamer til SM64 and became super passionate about the industry because of it. The game is endlessly replayable to me. Sure I get that SMB3 is a good quick game to fly through in one sitting but SM64 has a way of feeling like a sandbox where just running around the overworld or doing stupid tricks for fun is half of what made the game so great in 1996.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Mario 64 because N64 is a great console with an ergonomic controller that isn’t blurry and has a deep library ❤️ But for real it’s way more fun to dick around in SM64 even after 120 stars. Movement feels too good. You can also max out the coin totals for each level as a goal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I agree with OptOut. Quite different types of Mario’s but that said Mario 64 for me.

I love 3 but 64 is just so good. Blew my mind when I saw Mario in 3D.

I have beaten the game at least 6 times and now I have the Japanese version I reckon I’ll go for 7 haha.

I finished the Switch collection version in 3 days recently, it’s basically  muscle memory for me at this point haha.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Robot_Ninjutsu said:

I've beat SMB3 40 times* in my life, and 64 I've only ever played in store kiosks.

*Game Genie plays were not counted.

Sad, you have to play SMB3 40 times before you've extracted the fun out of it, meanwhile 5 minutes at Walmart with SM64 is enough to set you for life because it's that good.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Whoa whoa whoa @SilverspoonGaming - you're throwing a wrench in the customary, semi-annual  Super Mario Bros. 3 vs Super Mario World debate where everyone argues the same tired points over and over and over until everyone gets mad and overly-defensive!

Someone better start yelling about save-batteries and warp-whistles...

-CasualCart

• Haha 3