IGNORED

What Is Your Favorite Line / Bit Of Dialogue From A Video Game

PII

Funny One-Liners Or Serious Epic Rants, Written Or Spoken: Give Me Your Favorite lines From A Video Game.

Here is my all time favorite, (+ an alternate version I found - Super Famicom version? I don't know..)

followed by one I discovered recently that cracked me up.  (4:38 - 4:48)

¡Silence!.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• "It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go..." -Shiek, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." -Shiek, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time

• "Time passes, people move.... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..." -Shiek, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• Like 3

I have a couple.

I loved this moment in this game, though it is straight from the movie.

Batman nes

My favorite one-liner from an RPG is a classic, and we all know it:

You Spoony Bard! | Know Your Meme

There is also this gem.  I wish no harm on any of past, current or future Presidents but is there a better way of starting a game?

Bad Dudes Intro - YouTube

And from the same game, this was likely the first "Beer Summit" with a president because I'm sure Dude threw back a couple of cold ones with his meal.

Bad Dudes – Hardcore Gaming 101

Ok, I won't post to many more, but we can all agree that "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of gum!" is one of the best one-liners ever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here're a few that come to mind:

"No more pidgeon shit on my car eh Tommy?" 

"But you're still hungry" 

"Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind! If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find / The things I teach ya is sure to beat ya! Nevertheless you get a lesson from Teacher now kick punch jump!" 

"There seems to be a general of ability within this province"

"BOOM SHAKALAKA"

"Brett Hart is as effective as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

we got a 10 34 on south east blossom

4 hours ago, croagunk said:

I like shorts! They’re comfy and easy to wear!

3 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Here're a few that come to mind:

"No more pidgeon shit on my car eh Tommy?" 

"But you're still hungry" 

"Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind! If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find / The things I teach ya is sure to beat ya! Nevertheless you get a lesson from Teacher now kick punch jump!" 

"There seems to be a general of ability within this province"

"BOOM SHAKALAKA"

"Brett Hart is as effective as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest"

Where From?

• Like 1

How Symphony of the Night's “Miserable Pile of Secrets” Scene Works in  Japanese « Legends of Localization

One of my favorite lines from one of my all-time favorite games, this is actually a quote from French novelist, André Malraux.

I love that it is silly, melodramatic, and over the top in the way that videogames love to be. Yet it is also meaningful in the game world (Dracula's disdain for humans, Richter's initial presentation as the enemy, the abundance of secrets within the game, etc). I have no idea how this quote was chosen, but considering the obscurity of the reference and the relative infancy of the internet at the time, the person responsible for localization probably put quite a bit of thought into it. I also think the line reading by Michael Guinn is perfect.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 7
  • Love 1