IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

20 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yes I was listening to it today! Such a legendary tracklist. I wonder what would have been on a volume 2 if they had done it.

Oh I know I know, and I have an idea, well maybe it more so would have been a real Vol1, ever heard of Nintendo Super Famicom Game Soundtrack?  Aggravatingly goes well in excess of $100 so I haven't popped for it, and even worse, it's not MP3'd online, there is one with the name of it, but it's not that specific disc.  This one has launch goodies largely... Pilotwings, SimCity, F-Zero, Mario World, and Zelda.  The first 8 tracks I think are more symphony or something resampled, but the rest are straight SNES audio rips.  I wish the MP3s were easy to find, I'd borrow them until I could track the specific CD down.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Oh I know I know, and I have an idea, well maybe it more so would have been a real Vol1, ever heard of Nintendo Super Famicom Game Soundtrack?  Aggravatingly goes well in excess of $100 so I haven't popped for it, and even worse, it's not MP3'd online, there is one with the name of it, but it's not that specific disc.  This one has launch goodies largely... Pilotwings, SimCity, F-Zero, Mario World, and Zelda.  The first 8 tracks I think are more symphony or something resampled, but the rest are straight SNES audio rips.  I wish the MP3s were easy to find, I'd borrow them until I could track the specific CD down.

Play it Loud is a cool collectible, but not a great soundtrack.

I also owned Nintendo Super Famicom Game Music, and I was not a fan either. Again, collectible, but not a well-designed soundtrack. I prefer soundtracks that are not just a big compilation of games - with some exception. I do enjoy arranged and in particular live music arrangements. Two such albums I really love are shown here

20220406-201104.jpg

Now, the Mario & Zelda Live CD was at one point easy to find, a bit harder now. BEWARE OF BOOTLEGS! This is a bootleg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185339305164

This is legit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384214950865

Typically if you purchase from Japan it will be legit, but not always.

The "Free Play" CD is incredibly hard to find. I've actually not seen any for sale - they were all signed and I believe only released to supporters. However, lovely music that can be purchased digitally here

https://covervillerecords.bandcamp.com/album/free-play

And you can stream it for free, so give it a listen!

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

@avatar! What's the tipoff with it being fake, the fuzzy printed cover art?  See you may not like the directly dropped audio, I appreciate it.  I went through FF4 in the car over the last couple days again and now moving into FF3US(Kefkas Domain) which again is just dropped audio.  The few others I brought up the Nintendo History for Zelda and Mario are straight drops of music as is that Konami selection of Castlevania tunes LRG did with the anniversary mid-tier package they did.  I like to have them go as I either work sometimes, but often in the car.

If you don't like that SFC CD so much I'll take it. 😉

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

@avatar! What's the tipoff with it being fake, the fuzzy printed cover art?  See you may not like the directly dropped audio, I appreciate it.  I went through FF4 in the car over the last couple days again and now moving into FF3US(Kefkas Domain) which again is just dropped audio.  The few others I brought up the Nintendo History for Zelda and Mario are straight drops of music as is that Konami selection of Castlevania tunes LRG did with the anniversary mid-tier package they did.  I like to have them go as I either work sometimes, but often in the car.

If you don't like that SFC CD so much I'll take it. 😉

That SFC CD was just not for me, I sold it (or traded it) years ago 🙂
Determining whether a CD is fake or not can be challenging, some of the bootlegs can be convincing until you put them next to the real thing. Colors look faded, obi/insert often has Chinese characters, just feels cheap... I know, that's rather vague.
All of K-O Records' (they made the bootleg Zelda & Mario) are bootlegs. With little exception, everything by SM (SonMay) are bootlegs. Unfortunately bootlegers continue today, and they can easily confuse people. For example, this might look legit, but it's a bootleg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265353164980

If you're considering investing $50+ in a CD, make sure you purchase from someone that knows they're stuff (like me 😉

Or, double check and make sure the CD is legit before purchasing it. Oh, and just because it seems like maybe it should be legit

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lunar-eternal-blue-video-game-music-414083780

Does not mean it's legit - that Lunar CD is 100% bootleg.

• 2 weeks later...

While randomly browsing Nintendo promo items I came across this, only set me back about $15 shipped. It's a folder sent to GameStop employees ahead of the launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It is supposed to come with 8 buttons, a brochure and a "Tom Nook business card" but this is missing 4 of the buttons and the business card. Still, it's more complete than other listings I've seen which are usually just one or more buttons and more expensive. Pretty cool package, the print quality is really nice!

LSzFKTq.jpg

wGb1swk.jpg

QBxAeoM.jpg

• Like 3

Local collector that I've bought from in the past said he's moving away and needed to get rid of a bunch of stuff. It's a bit outside what I would usually buy but there were a few things I wanted and I think I can make back what I put in selling the rest. If you see anything below you are interested in, let me know. 

iYT0E4R.jpg

aNaOz8I.jpg

IhSnEtu.jpg

AgPygUS.jpg

aWk46U3.jpg

zCmJrEe.jpg

I'm going to try to clean up and use the below items, Miracle Piano and the Entertainment Center which can fit a classic NES frontloader. 

FZDLoMI.jpg

ry8REof.jpg

The cab will be for my brother but for now I have it set up in my office so I can... test it out lol. Basically I paid $150 for the cab and riser and $450 for everything else. 

EiOnR1k.jpg

• Like 2

$140 eBay find. Only one GBA Video is open, the rest are sealed. The watch was a bonus.

The seller has other SSC themed items for sale that are amazing (a CRT TV, a DVD player) but I can’t buy everything 🙂

9p2nhRO.jpg

Edit: I still need to verify if these are authentic

Edit: oh yeah they are authentic 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, greenthunder said:

Where did the Art Academy variant originate from? Some sort of bundle?

It's a misprint. It's not from a bundle or anything. It's identical to the standard version, just the title is missing from the front cover. It's not that rare, so I think there was probably a whole batch of copies like this that made it to retail and were sold this way. Someone told me that it's not even an early print, so that's why I think it just happened somewhere along the way when they were still manufacturing this game... but I have no idea how to estimate when these were printed. 

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

It's a misprint. It's not from a bundle or anything. It's identical to the standard version, just the title is missing from the front cover. It's not that rare, so I think there was probably a whole batch of copies like this that made it to retail and were sold this way. Someone told me that it's not even an early print, so that's why I think it just happened somewhere along the way when they were still manufacturing this game... but I have no idea how to estimate when these were printed. 

While it's an error, it's not a misprint. It was a revision that they done goofed up on and forgot the darn game logo on the front of the insert.  I went down the rabbit hole when I was chasing this when I realized it existed when the FB group had a few folks share their copies year+ ago and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was an 01 release when I got my copy in.

Best I can tell, Canada didn't get the revision, just the US.

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 1