IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

Continuing my previous thread on NA...

A couple weeks ago I picked this up for $20 on FB Marketplace. Was wanting to score a Nintendogs DS Lite for a while and there it was! Plus, the bag is a licensed Nintendo DS bag which is a nice addition to my console bags collection (yes, I collect these too). The DS Lite didn't come with the slot cover but I already had a metallic pink DS Lite so I took the slot cover from that (it's identical) and sold that one with the loose games for more than $20 online!

spacer.png

Will be posting a picture soon of my Nintendogs collection, I'm just waiting for one more item to arrive in the mail 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, drxandy said:

Nice score, and in great shape!!

I love picking up handheld bags and cases, and must admit have a box with far too many of them. 

If you ever feel compelled to trade any, let me know! There's a few I'm still hunting for, like this one and anything to do with Hello Kitty. 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

If you ever feel compelled to trade any, let me know! There's a few I'm still hunting for, like this one and anything to do with Hello Kitty. 

You got it! Pretty sure I have that one in red, really nice bag - but if I ever see the blue one I will definitely snag it with you in mind.

• 1 month later...

Picked this up for $80 yesterday! Was listed on FB Marketplace on Friday for $100. Surprisingly no one snapped it up. Maybe the flippers in my area are on vacation. I offered $80 on Saturday and the seller accepted. I was even worried another buyer might take it since I couldn’t pick it up until yesterday (Sunday) but nope. 

The 2DS XL needs a serious cleaning but it has no scratches or other wear. The seller said their kid barely used it in the 2 years since they got it (the kid also has a Switch and only ever plays that). This is my first 2DS XL and it means I finally have enough 3DS units to do Triforce Heroes locally 🙂

I plan to sell all the games in this bundle that are duplicates (so I will only be keeping 2) and that will probably reduce my total cost to $30 or $40!

569A2F15-1F27-4C4A-A887-EDD76386CC79.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Went into a local GameStop today to pick up Ghostbusters Remastered for Switch ($17 daily deal! and it wasn't even gutted!) and I had a few minutes to browse so I decided to see if I could find any gems. Never thought I would find an obscure Atlus game though! I had never even heard of Draglade but when I saw what it goes for online I had to snap it up. Also was very happy to find the first print of Hotel Dusk Room 215 at a great price. Especially since I got an extra 10% off with my PowerUp Rewards. Both of these games are complete with all inserts, no damage, I'm honestly wondering who the heck traded these in because I know they got peanuts for them. 

Also I was in need of an extra Resetti Amiibo and couldn't argue with that price! Total was $25.47 before tax. Thanks GameStop!

F814CF6A-2657-4530-B9E8-DD27D5265AD6.thumb.jpeg.7bd20ce0aded22ac1515ba403da1f51a.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
Full description
  • Like 2

Bought this lot for $150 off someone on Reddit who was looking to make a quick sale: https://imgur.com/a/RvI6OXG

I'm slowly unloading some of it to get my cost back. So far I've sold the DKC CIB and PMD RRT CIB on eBay at good prices, net $64 back from those. Some of this stuff is a hard sell but eventually I'll get there. What I'm planning to keep is PMD Gates to Infinity, the two Pokemon Rangers (although one has a hole on the cover art, I don't love that), LEGO Battles, Garfield the Search for Pooky, and maybe the GBA Videos (which are sealed). Oh, and the Labo VR headset + blaster kit just to have as a backup. If all goes well I'll probably make a little profit too. 

I didn't really want to sell DKC or Sonic Advance because CIB Game Boy games is my favorite thing to collect but I'm trying to focus right now and those two aren't on my immediate want list. PMD RRT was a dupe believe it or not. 

Since I don't have time to hunt at thrift stores and local listings have been a wash lately I'm glad I can occasionally find a good haul online. I do have dibs on a local listing that I'm due to pick up on Monday, a white Wii U with a bunch of games for $100. I'm tempted to keep the Wii U since I don't have a spare console but I probably should unload it so I get the money back. I'll post if I manage to get it, still possible someone could scoop it from me. 

Got my Wii U haul for $100! Unfortunately it’s a bit of a bust. Half the games are in terrible condition and the console + accessories need a serious cleaning. I was most excited about getting Fishing Master World Tour and turns out it’s missing the manual. Still I think I can get $120, maybe more for most of this stuff and I’ll keep the four games on the left and maybe 1 classic controller and 1 nunchuck.

C683B2BB-75F4-4BD8-BE18-57B16918E6DA.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Took advantage of GameStop’s daily deal with store pickup, they had Splatoon and Pokken used for $8 each, and since B2G1 is going on I figured I would snap up a cheap Switch game I may or may not keep. So total was $17.99 before tax. 

3BC090CB-D1D4-438B-B1C1-69A2D401CC91.thumb.jpeg.d95388adcaf3485c1cf44d4f1149580d.jpeg

The employee covering the store recognized me and said "I know you're a serious collector so let me see if I have better looking copies of these." To my surprise he pulled out a sealed copy of Pokken. Unfortunately I should have been checking what he handed me because he didn't realize the back of the box has a puncture. But oh well. I plan to sell it either way, I already have a copy with the Amiibo card. As for Has Been Heroes, I think I will give it a go and see if I want to keep it. And Splatoon, I want it for my collection (only had it digital before today) but I have to check if I'm missing any inserts or whatever, it will drive me crazy if so. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

Sigh. Picking up a couple wants from an eBay seller and was hoping to take advantage of combined shipping. This is the invoice I got after I asked for it. It's literally the two shipping costs for the individual items added up. (Oh well, I bought it anyway, still a better price than I could find elsewhere for these.)

D757A48C-B15B-4F11-9B1B-539B70BD1890.thumb.jpeg.d1c088d18a70af1fd7c92eed66916b4b.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few hauls (and one major loser-weeper)

1) Months ago someone posted on Reddit in one of the game swapping subs about wanting to sell a King James Bible cart and manual that they found in their old closet. They were the original owner and they had some inkling that this might be valuable but they didn't know how to go about selling it or what price to ask for. Naturally they started getting offers and interest. At the time I didn't feel like I had enough cash to go for it but I did reach out to the guy and ask him if he was interested in any trades (he was interested in musical equipment but in the end I didn't have anything he wanted). Well, I figured he was getting offers better than what I could do and that was that. 

Fast forward to last week, this guy reached out to me again out of the blue and asks me if I want to buy the cart and manual for $90. This time around I have the cash on hand and I jump at the opportunity. I didn't even bother asking him what happened with all the offers he was getting before. I can only imagine some people must have flaked on him? Anyway, he ended up asking me to cover PayPal fees, which I was like, fine, for this I'll abide it, and so a few days later I was holding this famed funny-looking cart in my hand! 

I recalled that I had seen someone on eBay selling a stack of new-old-stock boxes, manuals and cart stickers for this but they had taken down their listing so I reached out asking if they still had any and they said yes, they were just on vacation at the moment. So after a little while of waiting he made a listing for me and I get all the packaging for just $19.99. And yes, this means I now have two manuals, plus I got an extra manual for King of Kings which looks to be an NES game. 

This year my goal has been to go after grails and so far this marks my third (first was Gotcha Force which I got from my brother for the price of free, and second was Futurama for PS2 which I got on here for not-free). And to be honest, this is now one of my favorite items in my collection. 

9CAFA997-6243-4732-90ED-3EA576BECD8D.thumb.jpeg.570403bb852f6b4a83a3379d93396f29.jpeg

2) This set went up on Mercari for $400, I quickly offered $320 and the seller came back with $350 which I accepted. The first 7 SRG games for Switch, all CIB and well-kept. You don't often see these games opened! Saves me the agony of trying to decide if I should open a sealed game. Anyway, never thought I would actually own Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. This is actually grail #4 for the year, except I wasn't actually pursuing this one. 

F906C6FC-3725-4AD0-B182-04064AB9220F.thumb.jpeg.86af6c12145da3c5201c32931a6e73de.jpeg

3) After months of patiently waiting, I spotted a sealed Skylanders Superchargers starter pack on Mercari for $20 with free shipping. Nobody was biting after a while so I offered $15 and the seller came back with $17 which I accepted. Probably the best price I was going to get for this online! And thankfully the seller mailed it in a box with enough padding that it didn't get damaged. I'm keeping it in the bubble wrap for now until I'm ready to crack it open. 

On top of this, after waiting so long to finally find this at a great price, in the same week I find myself at Five Below starting at rows and rows of a Skylanders Superchargers toy pack. They were all the same so I only got one but it was really cool to finally manage to get one of these after I missed out on the days when Five Below was full of them. I'm guessing they found these in a warehouse somewhere because these just never made it to the floor back in the day. 

I already had a sealed Skylanders Superchargers starter pack for Wii which was a local deal I got last year for just $5 so now I have both the Bowser and DK Skylanders Amiibo! 

CF9BD817-82AF-4835-8BCF-68806AB41B45.thumb.jpeg.3bd093e8809a3577ac752e483542dcbb.jpeg

... and lastly, here's the sad story: last week I saw this listing go up on Craigslist after like 2 months of not seeing one single decent listing on their for my search area. The prices were amazing and I figured I was too late when I reached out - a bunch of complete Pokemon games including Red and Yellow for like $10 or $15 each? But the seller said that he's not able to meet during the week so that's why he hadn't sold it yet. I told him I wanted all of the Nintendo games and I even asked if there was anything I could do to convince him to meet during the week (after giving him my sob story about why I can rarely meet up on Saturday mornings). It didn't sway him but we started making plans to meet on the weekend and I told him I would email him again on Friday to confirm when we are meeting up, etc. 

Well, I email on Friday after coordinating with my wife how we could do this pickup Saturday afternoon between all the other stuff we need to do, and for a while he doesn't respond at all. I email again a while later and finally I get a response from him. "Sorry, I'm meeting someone else who is buying the the whole lot, I'll let you know if anything changes." Of course. I'm kicking myself now because I should have just offered to buy all the games when I had the chance. Big miss. And to rub salt in the wound, Saturday my wife is asking me if we are going to do this pickup and I'm having to tell her no, it's not happening, that lot is good as gone. Lesson learned I guess? 

A5D5F2A8-4799-4329-B43C-746791FB6878.thumb.jpeg.bb4a8384695e7ef8a87b9cea94caf981.jpeg

AB32CD39-8511-4FCB-9F17-C1405F5FC623.thumb.jpeg.d1efbe2b7efc878b36646a1684969eae.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Won this mixed GB lot on eBay for ~$160 with tax and shipping. Before you get too excited, it's not all complete, but for what I got it felt like a steal and I'm surprised I didn't get blown out with a crazy max bid snipe like what usually happens on these kinds of lots. 

7C849E11-B8D4-4425-B586-925033AA8288.thumb.jpeg.a4f4cd8e003a561c138d91e390060c63.jpeg

The top left later cycle Game Boy is complete minus the batteries. The box is in amazing condition, the retailer stickers on front and back intact, the inserts are all intact, even the Nintendo Power Super Power Club promo poster is untouched. The Game Boy to the right of the box is the one for that box and it works without issues. Some wear but stickers are intact. 

The lower launch model Game Boy is also complete except it's missing the styrofoam insert and batteries. The box has some damage but with a little cleaning and ironing it will look very good for its age. I have my original launch model Game Boy almost complete with the styrofoam and a very worn torn up box, so I will be swapping and combining the two. The Game Boy to the right is the one for that box and it's cosmetically OK, some stickers missing, but it doesn't work. It's not just a matter of cleaning contacts either, I think the board is bad. 

The games are all in really good condition except that most are missing the trays. The two Wario games have their trays and are nearly mint which is what I'm most happy about. The only other game I care about is Super Mario Land which is unfortunately missing the tray (and that one is hard to replace because it's the plastic type tray). The rest, only Desert Strike has the tray. I plan to buy replacement trays and sell off most if not all of the remaining games. 

The box for the cleaning kit is empty. 

The silver Game Boy Pocket is pristine, like it was never used, I'm shocked about it, the screen has not a single scratch on it. I was planning to sell it because I don't need another Game Boy Pocket but seeing the condition I can't let it go. I don't think I'll ever come across another one like it. And I do like the color scheme. 

The Nuby light is beat up but it still works!

Tetris and Bo Jackson are loose with manuals. Tetris goes with the big box of course. 

Overall what do you think? Good haul? Obviously it's not like I'm going to make all my money back selling off the stuff I don't want but I think overall I got the main items at a great price plus a bunch of freebies I can sell off. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

$50 Mercari haul, that’s like $12.50 per game! And I already have Dead Cells (AGOTY edition) so I'll be letting go of this one: 

759EABA9-0550-45FF-BCAE-72019BBAC8E6.thumb.jpeg.afc3e6463d9b0966995e4420de7bf017.jpeg

Won this Game Boy lot in an eBay auction for ~$160. Yet another case of “I really thought I’d get sniped by a much higher bid.” Mario’s Picross was a big want that has been eluding me for a while and this one is missing the manual but it comes with everything else! That, Kirby’s Dreamland, Yoshi’s Cookie, the Mickey game and SML 2 all have mint boxes like wow. Kirby’s Pinball Land is sadly pretty worn but not terrible. And thankfully ALL THE BOXES HAVE THE RIGHT TRAYS. Oh and the Game Boy has no dead lines and even came with 4 good batteries! Score!

8B31D7F3-2690-4C5A-AEE1-189152F6D7C3.thumb.jpeg.d802ef0e1c6ac5f9792c3649a76414fa.jpeg

This next one was my 3DS grail, I’m very happy to land it at a great price. Was something I thought I wouldn't be able to get ever but selling a bunch of stuff from my hometown haul has paid off. This was about $170 with tax and shipping and I'm happy about it because I was going to trade someone over on Reddit a copy of Cubivore for their sealed copy of this and they were arguing with me about how my copy of Cubivore wasn't mint enough to be worth as much as their sealed copy of this (which they valued at $200). Well I ended up selling that Cubivore for $220 in a big lot deal and managed to find this not much later, complete, with the pre-order bonus keychains on top! And the outer box has almost no blemishes aside from some wear on one side (where the sticker seal was removed) while the other sticker seal is still attached. So in the end I'm glad I was patient and stuck to my guns on this. For the price it's like I got the keychains for free. 

C303A166-57E8-4BDE-817B-0409C54F0496.thumb.jpeg.25a36fa6ef7737fd95fd72bad10eb482.jpeg

4937C6B5-33E6-4D97-BBD3-210911F38DF0.thumb.jpeg.0f9abfd6d953fceadb8856a2b73cf6c4.jpeg

Finally, I landed the last expensive game on my GameCube wishlist! This one also has a story: I recently saw someone selling a bunch of GameCube games on OfferUp including this one and when I asked about this one they said they wanted $180 which sounded very steep. They then said they got this game a few months ago, played the heck out of it, it's super fun. I thought if this guy is going to open up the conversation then I may as well ask, how much did you pay for it? And he tells me $150, the price has gone up and now he's looking to sell.  Well call me crazy but I felt like expecting a 20% hike after just 3 months is a bit much. Sure it can happen but maybe I didn't want to be on the other end of that deal. So what do you know, a week later I see this pop up on Mercari for $135 (with $2.99 shipping) and I didn't even bother trying to haggle. There's a little waviness to the cover but otherwise the manual and disc are MINT. Still stings a bit since I could have scored this for $110 a year ago but I'm not going to cry over that. 

6FA9FE59-EA83-4BE9-8E3F-F3E9FB1B75FF.thumb.jpeg.ae32797740640a2a99d0ef429651d36d.jpeg

And yes, these all came in just yesterday and today. No crazy hauls, but pretty good deals!

Edited by MiamiSlice
typo
  • Like 4

Managed to get a late model Wii nearly CIB with the semi-rare Wii Sports / Wii Sports resort combo disc for $50 via FB Marketplace

A8D98B30-7231-4E65-A076-C7B2D55333F0.thumb.jpeg.ff2cd8a1b36f50cc920282895bcb474a.jpeg

Unfortunately the seller scammed me. He said it would be new, never used, but it's clearly got a lot of wear, and it's missing some things like the sleeve for the disc (which is the most important thing after the disc). I would have walked away on the spot if the price wasn't still decent for what it is. I just won't be making much from this for my trouble. I haven't decided yet if I want to part it out or sell it all at once but if I can get $100 for it (making only like $30 in the end) I'll be fine with that. 

Update 2020-06-19: I broke even on this deal, sold the Wii for basically the price I paid plus fees and shipping, and looking back during COVID mania when a Wii goes for like 3x what it used to, I feel dumb!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

I dunno, Wii consoles are dirt cheap these days and no interest. I'm having trouble moving a Wii with 10 boxed games including NSMB, 2 Call of Duty games, 2-3 Lego games, etc for $50.

There's a pic of the lot I'm trying to move (minus the gold controller and GC game) in my "steal deals" thread.

Edited by bowser

I think he's not crazy.  The Wii is a weird one, if it's a common color/more mass run style of system, yeah it's a cheapo.  But if you get into having something where it's a less run color, less run style, especially that disc in his image there or the box that went with it, perhaps the sleeve with its combo or stacked original manuals, it adds up fast.  No it's not like retail great as Wii was well mass run as it is, but still, it's not some $10-20 waste of time.