IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Got this guide for $15, it’s worn but I don’t mind. 

E287B069-215A-43EE-BADA-B2B5AA5A6436.thumb.jpeg.1ff625104d02df4657b0745c24b5a798.jpeg

Won Battle Chip Challenge in an auction for $131 altogether and got Hamtaro for $25. Hamtaro is one of those games that used to be easy to get at this price but now it goes for more. And Battle Chip Challenge I just could not pass up CIB. It’s only the second time I’ve seen a boxed copy for sale.

DF97C5E9-2EBB-4416-ABBF-167B14563724.jpeg.153293801875beda2ec1cf243d4bc88d.jpeg

I love the Hamtaro games! I have that one loose. Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

I got these for $5 each + $10 shipping for all 3. So $25 for the 3. 

spacer.png

Dunno if you all are familiar with these but these are PowerA Switch game cases which were released at the launch of the Switch and then discontinued like... 6 months later? They are really well made and now the market is flooded with knockoffs which are not nearly as good. It's actually very difficult to find these authentic. When they were on the market I was like "I don't really need one of those yet, I don't have many games, I'll wait to buy one" and then by the time I was ready to buy one all I could find was the Mario one on eBay. Since then I saw less and less of them on eBay until now it seems like no one has them anymore. It's so so so weird to see accessories get scarce. Makes no sense! Maybe in a few years when the Switch reaches end of life then we will see a bunch of these hit the market. But anyway I was glad to find these!

• Like 2

Two hunts in today: 

1. Found this on eBay for $39.99 (~$47 with shipping and tax). Wanted this for a long time and rarely saw it come up. 

spacer.png

2. Finally found the exact Ikea Kallax shelf I needed: 

spacer.png

Here's the deal... Ikea doesn't make this shelf anymore. They still make Kallax shelves in a bunch of colors but my favorite color, Birch, is no longer available. I needed this to go alongside another one that I have in my bedroom and I  have just been at the mercy of whatever is available on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist or whatever. Been searching and searching for months to no avail until finally I saw this come up yesterday. And $65 is a lot... I was only able to talk the seller down to $60... but it's $60 so I don't have to look for this thing anymore. I can finally move on. I have my pair of Kallax shelves in my room. Done!

spacer.png

And here it is after sliding it into place and transferring a bunch of stuff over. 

spacer.png

I still have some work to do, it's all kind of a mess, but it's going!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Ooooh nice match, lucky.  We finally visited an ikea recently for hte first time ever, what a setup, problem is it's like 2hrs north east of here in ohio.

And well now...is that 4 in 1 all that rare?  I think I know where to pick that up if they still have it.  I don't recall if it was loose, complete, or both but it sits in a cheap rack where it's like 1 for 6 or 2 for 10 or 10 if it's boxed stuff.

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Ooooh nice match, lucky.  We finally visited an ikea recently for hte first time ever, what a setup, problem is it's like 2hrs north east of here in ohio.

And well now...is that 4 in 1 all that rare?  I think I know where to pick that up if they still have it.  I don't recall if it was loose, complete, or both but it sits in a cheap rack where it's like 1 for 6 or 2 for 10 or 10 if it's boxed stuff.

That 4 in 1 used to seem common pre-COVID but now I hardly see it. Can’t say for sure 

4 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

That 4 in 1 used to seem common pre-COVID but now I hardly see it. Can’t say for sure 

So it's random.  You could have paid too much, or you could have got a steal since GB-GBA stuff is so fubar toxic right now, the next one could go for double as that was an ebay grab and someone will get scared and stupid before 'it gets even higher.'

4 minutes ago, Estil said:

What exactly do you mean by that?

Well I know for a fact within the last year I've seen some copies of this game, at least 2 at one retail space that were either complete/sealed even and loose... for no more than $10.  I used to check it online to see if it was worth bothering, it was enough around and for the same price so I just didn't care.

Knowing that... what I said, was a direct dig at the current very problematic Gameboy to Gameboy Advance market.  Since late Jan/Feb of this year across the board game largely have spiked, badly, like 2-4x as high as end of 2020 values, some worse that were lower valued.

So that's the toxic fubar.

What was a $5-10 game, him paying $40 means he could have overpaid, or got a deal, or broke even.  Things are just so bad in gameboy right now it's hard to say.  What stuff valued for in GB GBC GBA stuff through 2020 or even pre-virus sadly has often little to no credibility or bearing on what 2021 is demanding, and some fools are paying to reinforce it.  Currently despite what's up there's far less sales at those levels, people are thankfully with brains, pushing back though it's hard to say how well.

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So it's random.  You could have paid too much, or you could have got a steal since GB-GBA stuff is so fubar toxic right now, the next one could go for double as that was an ebay grab and someone will get scared and stupid before 'it gets even higher.'

Nah, for what I paid it’s fine. The next buyer can mess it up for everyone maybe.

5A09F54A-B89E-4CEA-8792-192F999146BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well I know for a fact within the last year I've seen some copies of this game, at least 2 at one retail space that were either complete/sealed even and loose... for no more than $10.  I used to check it online to see if it was worth bothering, it was enough around and for the same price so I just didn't care.

Knowing that... what I said, was a direct dig at the current very problematic Gameboy to Gameboy Advance market.  Since late Jan/Feb of this year across the board game largely have spiked, badly, like 2-4x as high as end of 2020 values, some worse that were lower valued.

So that's the toxic fubar.

What was a $5-10 game, him paying $40 means he could have overpaid, or got a deal, or broke even.  Things are just so bad in gameboy right now it's hard to say.  What stuff valued for in GB GBC GBA stuff through 2020 or even pre-virus sadly has often little to no credibility or bearing on what 2021 is demanding, and some fools are paying to reinforce it.  Currently despite what's up there's far less sales at those levels, people are thankfully with brains, pushing back though it's hard to say how well.

So I take it the GC/GBA (which from the start I saw as companion systems; like the GBA was the GC's sidekick/Mini-Me 😄 ) is now in the "sweet spot" of nostalgia if you get what I mean?  That is the people who grew up in that era (or in my case my college days are in that era) are now nostalgic for them and want to relive those memories?  Sort of like (and this was illustrated PERFECTLY in the first Back to the Future and 80s/early 90s Nick at Nite) how in the mid-late 80s or so there was a HUGE 50s nostalgic craze.  If all this makes sense at all.

I don't know maybe.  GBA perhaps, but the GB and GBC have blown up pretty rotten, and if it was 'of the age' that stuff should have been mauled badly about 7-10 years ago now.  Up until this big kick this year, you did have some notably painful titles like Kid Dracula, Knights Quest, Great Greed, and a few others (speaking loose) but on the whole inflation level increases at most, some just stayed flat for 10-20 years really.  A good example, fairly reviled since it's Game Boy for the port, but Hard Drivin'.  I've had a few of those over the years, they were hard sells at $5 on ebay with a $3 shipping charge, often some would just sell them at a loss with $1-3 price and shipping.  Perspective wise, laughable increase, but it's now possible to get $10 out of it when it was in the $1-5 range just last year.  So common, even common disliked stuff saw a bump.

55 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think I know where to pick that up if they still have it.  I don't recall if it was loose, complete, or both but it sits in a cheap rack where it's like 1 for 6 or 2 for 10 or 10 if it's boxed stuff.

BTW if they have a complete one for $6 I'm interested 

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I don't know maybe.  GBA perhaps, but the GB and GBC have blown up pretty rotten, and if it was 'of the age' that stuff should have been mauled badly about 7-10 years ago now.  

Maybe people are realizing there's some really rare gems (as Peppermint Patty's dad liked to call her 😄 ) in the GB/GBC lineup just as there are among the NES/SNES libraries.

9 hours ago, Estil said:

Maybe people are realizing there's some really rare gems (as Peppermint Patty's dad liked to call her 😄 ) in the GB/GBC lineup just as there are among the NES/SNES libraries.

Oh there are, and those are those into the 100+ club now, but it's the other ones, the large print, the junk games, the mediocre, quite a few got spiked too and it's kind of just nonsense as it's all just too fast and too confusing.  It's the vintage gaming version of a military shock and awe campaign on the stuff.

--- and NO doubt if they had it for $6 that would be a grab for that 4in1 pack.  I'm just rarely in that area as it's not convenient.  Wish I had taken a pic of the rack last time I went as it can't hurt to look, then price it out to see if something is worth the effort.

Managed to visit a thrift store today and the selection was pretty bad but I spotted a mixed bag of Nintendo “happy meal” toys. This was $9.99 and it was half off today so I paid $5 for all this:

52FA36EC-9BC2-4AAC-966D-DE22AEEECE98.jpeg.562390135cb64a19f6722ce44be7f434.jpeg

Most of it is going to some friends of mine but I’m keeping one of the three identical Yoshi’s as well as the Raccoon Mario and Luigi with cloud on the bottom right.

• Like 3

Can't remember if I had posted it here or on NA but I think it was in January 2020 that I had posted I had recovered a bunch of games from my childhood collection at my parent's house. Well I was back there unexpectedly a couple weeks ago and managed to find some more stuff that I had missed the last time I was there. It's mostly empty boxes but a few have the carts or manuals.

spacer.png

Everything in the above pic will be for sale eventually. Nothing is mint or even near mint. 

I also found a Disgaea D2 soundtrack which belonged to my brother. 

spacer.png

This one is a keeper. 

And you might recall my earlier posts about finding some sealed games and magazines there. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 10:33 PM, MiamiSlice said:

I got these for $5 each + $10 shipping for all 3. So $25 for the 3. 

spacer.png

Dunno if you all are familiar with these but these are PowerA Switch game cases which were released at the launch of the Switch and then discontinued like... 6 months later? They are really well made and now the market is flooded with knockoffs which are not nearly as good. It's actually very difficult to find these authentic. When they were on the market I was like "I don't really need one of those yet, I don't have many games, I'll wait to buy one" and then by the time I was ready to buy one all I could find was the Mario one on eBay. Since then I saw less and less of them on eBay until now it seems like no one has them anymore. It's so so so weird to see accessories get scarce. Makes no sense! Maybe in a few years when the Switch reaches end of life then we will see a bunch of these hit the market. But anyway I was glad to find these!

Is that Zelda one legit? I got these when they were released and my Zelda one is black and gold.

I'd be interested in Diddy Kong Racing if it does go up 🙂

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Is that Zelda one legit? I got these when they were released and my Zelda one is black and gold.

I'd be interested in Diddy Kong Racing if it does go up 🙂

You have the other Zelda case. There are two different designs. The black one is the one I am still hunting for, along with the question block design. I only know they are legit by the interior texture (knockoffs have a cheaper rubbery texture for the inlay) and the PowerA text on the back (knockoffs don't have any text on the back). 

Also, sir, please check the photo again. I don't see any Diddy Kong Racing.