IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

4 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

You may be able to sell those Indian videos fairly easily if you have a large Indian community nearby.  Here's some info on the titles in case you need it:

- The 8th cd in the fist picture (with the bearded man in orange robes) is a VCD which has the title "Divya Yog Sadhna" written in Hindi.  It's by a famous personality named 'Baba' Ram Dev (the man in the picture) and is basically the same disc as this listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264269757045

- The 4th cd in the second picture is the soundtrack for the movie  'Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro' starring Naseeruddin Shah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaane_Bhi_Do_Yaaro

- The 3rd cd in the third picture is a DVD of a classic 60's movie 'Sangam' starring Raj Kapoor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangam_(1964_Hindi_film)

- The 4th cd in the third picture is a DVD of a vintage 50's movie 'Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalti_Ka_Naam_Gaadi

- The 5th cd in the third picture is an oddball DVD about Vedic (Indian classical) math.

- The 1st cd in the sixth picture is a DVD of the movie 'Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro' starring Naseeruddin Shah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaane_Bhi_Do_Yaaro

- The 3rd cd in the sixth picture is a DVD on 90's actress Urmila Mantondkar                                                                             https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urmila_Matondkar

- The 4th cd in the sixth picture is a DVD of the movie 'Anand' starring legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anand_(1971_film)

Good Luck! 👍

Thank you! I do live in an area with a large Indian community but I’m not sure I wanna sell these… will keep the option in mind 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered this: https://www.nordstrom.com/s/arcade1up-atari-tempest-legacy-edition-full-size-arcade-cabinet/6506411

Have not been interested in most of the Arcade1Up cabs and never at retail price. But I did get the Galaga countercade for $49.99 last year in a Walmart clearance sale and have been happy with that. This Atari one is a unit that I've had my eye on for quite a while, because it has a nice spinner & trackball. Most arcade games I really don't need a cabinet to enjoy them, if I have a home console port with maybe an extra peripheral like an arcade stick or something like that then to me I get the same experience. But when it comes to spinners and trackballs it seems like the only option is to build your own. Don't know why. Anyway I'm obsessed with Tempest and felt like this cab is worth it to have that faithfully reproduced along with some other games I enjoy including Centipede. For 40% off it was time to pull the trigger!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 5:36 PM, MiamiSlice said:

2. Got this bundle of DS games on eBay for $47.86. The blank case has Imagine Babies. 

spacer.png

OK this is gonna sound crazy. I've had Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz in my junk pile for 9 months now because it was missing the trading cards it was supposed to come with. Well today I happen to be looking through Puppy Palace and there behind the manual it's the cards from Dolphinz! For some weird reason I do not understand, they somehow made their way into the wrong case. But the point is that I finally have Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz with the cards! Woo!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just ordered this: https://www.nordstrom.com/s/arcade1up-atari-tempest-legacy-edition-full-size-arcade-cabinet/6506411

Have not been interested in most of the Arcade1Up cabs and never at retail price. But I did get the Galaga countercade for $49.99 last year in a Walmart clearance sale and have been happy with that. This Atari one is a unit that I've had my eye on for quite a while, because it has a nice spinner & trackball. Most arcade games I really don't need a cabinet to enjoy them, if I have a home console port with maybe an extra peripheral like an arcade stick or something like that then to me I get the same experience. But when it comes to spinners and trackballs it seems like the only option is to build your own. Don't know why. Anyway I'm obsessed with Tempest and felt like this cab is worth it to have that faithfully reproduced along with some other games I enjoy including Centipede. For 40% off it was time to pull the trigger!

What is that, an arcade for ants?

But seriously, get us some pics when you get it all set up. I think the 1Up cabs are cool, albeit a bit small. I wouldn't mind grabbing the Turtles, Simpsons, or X-Men cab, but they don't fit in anywhere in my current setup.

After a long time of searching and searching and getting nowhere, I finally found a loose disc at a good price to make this complete! 

75283C8B-E3E2-4DE5-AC11-770F29A45798.jpeg.7202fb48b8001e3d43386744add7c98d.jpeg

D7ABC812-32B2-41D8-B54F-742F78D1D843.jpeg.4bf81f30bdc60076f3d93777fd5c63ba.jpeg

Except apparently there’s also an art card that I’m missing… this was my brother’s and I have no idea how he managed to lose both the disc and the art card but whatever!

• Like 2

Need a drool icon for that one, nice job.  I miss having all 4 of those complete, imported them from the UK when they came out.  I did eventually re-acquire the 4 again, loose though, prices are nauseating especially on 1 and 4 (really 4.)

Good luck if you want the whole lot, it's worth it, but ouch.  See if you can get #3 at least, that has Twinbee but also the only legal english translation of Goemon from the system too.

• Like 1

Found a weird FB marketplace listing… $10 + shipping for sealed copies of Happy Feet on GameCube and Wii, plus the listing said some free games would be thrown in.

10221DFB-3AC1-436F-9BBB-9E0296C0BF67.thumb.jpeg.856837d8f22abf108cd25ecf4415ba77.jpeg

So I said why not, this could be fun. Here’s what arrived:

3F834204-D64C-409A-A846-E97C0A9F7AE5.jpeg.76d5fbca0882ec19d2cc17f193865736.jpeg

The two titles as promised… don’t know if the seals are authentic but at a glance they look correct. 

91D9BDD4-6BF7-441E-AF6E-4C814A64583F.jpeg.5c206844460ca6b04d12e0fdbb085bec.jpeg

This pair of PC games which appear to be complete. 

2F8DE1BE-CF08-4478-923C-362D5F39320A.jpeg.8ffcb869e7871063ae93e3cea6095c31.jpeg

And… uh… a bunch of PS2 ROMs and a bootleg PAL region PS2 game?

Fun!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yes! I also want 3 for Guttang Gottong

That game is solid, strange and unrealized sadly but good.  Also on that other post, nice one, I used to have that Konami package, if you haven't opened it yet, it's disappointing what little is in there.  I'd almost argue to keep it sealed up and just grab the pre-fixed for modern PCs GOG release as it's often on sale and even when not (since konami is cheap it's a slight one) for around just under $5 and default is $6.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That game is solid, strange and unrealized sadly but good.  Also on that other post, nice one, I used to have that Konami package, if you haven't opened it yet, it's disappointing what little is in there.  I'd almost argue to keep it sealed up and just grab the pre-fixed for modern PCs GOG release as it's often on sale and even when not (since konami is cheap it's a slight one) for around just under $5 and default is $6.

Oh it’s open. And yeah it’s very bare. 

Here’s another recent haul, this one via Reddit. A gently used, complete pair of Classic Minis plus the carrying case and an extra 3rd party controller, all for $150 shipped. Since these are out of print I like to pick them up anywhere close to original retail price if I can. 

E939491B-B918-4200-8F32-DBABB219E436.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Had kinda given up hope on finding this one, hadn't seen it pop up on eBay like... ever. Then out of the blue my eBay search has a new listing and it's a seller with a whole stack of these selling them at a nice price. Pinkalicious with stylus and screen cleaner!

9931X15.jpg

Cool, you aiming for a complete set of DS with variants too?

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted any hunts in a while because I haven't found any in a while, but I finally have a couple cool finds. First is "Nintendo Power Summer Games," one of the more obscure bonus issues. I paid about $30 for this on eBay: 

NQt7MZR.jpg

Second is the Play It Sound Soundtrack CD, I got this in a trade with @avatar!

6mGBIhA.jpg

That's all for now!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@MiamiSlice CD looks familiar. 😉  That is seriously a very solid CD to get if you're a fan of SNES games that were Nintendo IP.  Shame they never did a volume 2 or more.

Yes I was listening to it today! Such a legendary tracklist. I wonder what would have been on a volume 2 if they had done it.

8 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I haven't posted any hunts in a while because I haven't found any in a while, but I finally have a couple cool finds. First is "Nintendo Power Summer Games," one of the more obscure bonus issues. I paid about $30 for this on eBay: 

NQt7MZR.jpg

Oo cool paper!  I'm such a sucker for it. 

• Agree 1