IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Acquired the last issue of Nintendo Power I needed. #273. 

spacer.png

Not a "hunt" really, unless you count the culmination of hunting for a couple years to finish the set. Here's an album with the whole collection: https://imgur.com/gallery/vBOcqte

congrats, dude. So happy to see this finished up for you. 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, avatar! said:

That's very cool, and my next question is, can you get this strange CD to actually play? 🙂

Yes in any CD tray that has the cylinder in the middle where you have to snap the disc on. You should not put it into a CD drive where the disc slides in smoothly or a tray where the disc sits loosely. It will not work with those.

I have two CD players that this can actually work with.

• Wow! 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Spent the last week of the year visiting my mom's house again. One last hunt to see what I could find from my old collection. 

Had a sinking realization that some of the rare stuff I've been looking for is probably not at her house and is either lost somewhere in her vacation home or just gone for good somehow. What I did manage to find was slim pickings, not much gaming stuff. And I didn't have pictures until today because I had to box and ship this stuff to myself. Anyway, here's what I found from my childhood and then some: 

J7LqP6s.jpg

A 3DS manual and the other inserts. Just the booklets. Also a calculator manual that may be worth $75 on eBay. Hopefully it sells. 

He6K7ZP.jpg

At one point I bought some Marvel Overpower cards instead of buying something that would actually be worth something someday like MTG, YuGiOh or Pokemon cards. I never played the game either. Also I was dumb enough to buy unofficial "Beanie Cards" which are definitely worthless and cringe. Also I think this Dragonball card deck is unofficial. 

UnYJbzo.jpg

Don't recall where these came from. 

yYbNkxI.jpg

This is just cool. I used to actually use Frontpage (well, Frontpage Express) to make my earliest websites. This is going in my odd VHS collection. 

fqMifx0.jpg

More random Marvel cards, some knick knacks from my young travels, a couple random Sailor Moon cards and oh, more Beanie Cards. 

S3KYQeV.jpg

Some actually good stuff! 3-D N64 cards from a Kellog's promotion, a DK2 card, a random Cubix card that was probably my brother's, some Jurassic Park cards that I think came with toys and oh, MORE BEANIE CARDS. 

5eOop82.jpg

A couple really nice Codebooks which belonged to my brother, I love that these have posters inside. Also a Nintendo Store shopping bag that my mom held onto for me. 

bcIGE0x.jpg

A neat Turok guide and a box, just a box, only a box, for Super Mario 64. 

IPQS6Cj.jpg

A couple Predator comic books that I think were a gift to my late Stepdad. 

Jxi8p3a.jpg

My original copy of Goldeneye for Wii, and two sealed Just Dance games that apparently my mom bought for herself so she could exercise with them (note they are still sealed). 

That's all! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

And there it is. Not bad for a calculator manual I found in a box!

Good for you.  I've done the same with some weird stuff in the last few years.  I'll find some random piece from some old toy, part, random scrap and people oddly pay too much for it.  I mean I guess it's easier than the harassment of buying another complete item, then the added harassment and fees/time lost selling the same crap right back off again for parts.

I've got a couple pieces here I never bothered with a G1 Kup Gun and an original He-Man(himself) battle axe and it looks like ebay people will pay like $10-20 a piece of them.  Whatever floats their boat I guess.

Two "hunts," one meh, one good

First, saw a local free listing in a buy-nothing group for a pile of CDs, "some music, some games." I asked the owner if the game CDs were PC games and they said no. At this point I was thinking, there has to be some PlayStation games or something in there if that's the case. No need to ask more questions, it's a pile of free stuff and they live close by, let me just go get it and see what's there. 

H8FqOIu.jpg

Well, uh, unfortunately the owner just didn't know what they were talking about. There is only one game in the whole set and it's two loose CD-ROMs for Chessmaster on PC. There are no console games but it is kind of an interesting pile of stuff. Definitely some CDs and DVDs here that I will be keeping. Free is free. But it really is a totally random pile. I think the owner is a traveling student or something and has been to multiple countries because some of this stuff is clearly from the UK and some is from India and China. There's UK B-Boy CDs, some low budget Indian cinema DVDs, some Chinese DVDs, a set of Kumon language learning CDs, piano learning music CDs, etc. etc. 

hjyPCNl.jpg

a9iu9xT.jpg

q8Ndwie.jpg

qlG4ShT.jpg

Also if you are going to have just one Star Wars film soundtrack, why in the world would it be Episode 3? SMDH. 

The other hunt was a GameStop used gamble. I had picked up a lot of empty game cases last year and two of the cases happened to be Pokken Tournament DX for Switch and a GameStop display case for Pokken too.

7LV06c7.jpg

So for a while I've been trying to land a loose copy at a good price or in a trade with no luck. Finally decided to take advantage of a B2G1 deal at GameStop for a few games I needed including Pokken. My bare minimum hope was that at least the other two games would be complete in box. Well what do you know, look what arrived! And the Squeenix release even comes with the little bonus rewards pamphlet inside. Not bad at all. 

dspEEPe.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Two "hunts," one meh, one good

First, saw a local free listing in a buy-nothing group for a pile of CDs, "some music, some games." I asked the owner if the game CDs were PC games and they said no. At this point I was thinking, there has to be some PlayStation games or something in there if that's the case. No need to ask more questions, it's a pile of free stuff and they live close by, let me just go get it and see what's there. 

H8FqOIu.jpg

Well, uh, unfortunately the owner just didn't know what they were talking about. There is only one game in the whole set and it's two loose CD-ROMs for Chessmaster on PC. There are no console games but it is kind of an interesting pile of stuff. Definitely some CDs and DVDs here that I will be keeping. Free is free. But it really is a totally random pile. I think the owner is a traveling student or something and has been to multiple countries because some of this stuff is clearly from the UK and some is from India and China. There's UK B-Boy CDs, some low budget Indian cinema DVDs, some Chinese DVDs, a set of Kumon language learning CDs, piano learning music CDs, etc. etc. Oh and a couple of the DVDs are region 2 locked. Because of course!

hjyPCNl.jpg

a9iu9xT.jpg

q8Ndwie.jpg

qlG4ShT.jpg

Also if you are going to have just one Star Wars film soundtrack, why in the world would it be Episode 3? SMDH. 

The other hunt was a GameStop used gamble. I had picked up a lot of empty game cases last year and two of the cases happened to be Pokken Tournament DX for Switch and a GameStop display case for Pokken too.

7LV06c7.jpg

So for a while I've been trying to land a loose copy at a good price or in a trade with no luck. Finally decided to take advantage of a B2G1 deal at GameStop for a few games I needed including Pokken. My bare minimum hope was that at least the other two games would be complete in box. Well what do you know, look what arrived! And the Squeenix release even comes with the little bonus rewards pamphlet inside. Not bad at all. 

dspEEPe.jpg

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

hjyPCNl.jpg

a9iu9xT.jpg

q8Ndwie.jpg

qlG4ShT.jpg

You may be able to sell those Indian videos fairly easily if you have a large Indian community nearby.  Here's some info on the titles in case you need it:

- The 8th cd in the fist picture (with the bearded man in orange robes) is a VCD which has the title "Divya Yog Sadhna" written in Hindi.  It's by a famous personality named 'Baba' Ram Dev (the man in the picture) and is basically the same disc as this listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264269757045

- The 4th cd in the second picture is the soundtrack for the movie  'Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro' starring Naseeruddin Shah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaane_Bhi_Do_Yaaro

- The 3rd cd in the third picture is a DVD of a classic 60's movie 'Sangam' starring Raj Kapoor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangam_(1964_Hindi_film)

- The 4th cd in the third picture is a DVD of a vintage 50's movie 'Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalti_Ka_Naam_Gaadi

- The 5th cd in the third picture is an oddball DVD about Vedic (Indian classical) math.

- The 1st cd in the sixth picture is a DVD of the movie 'Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro' starring Naseeruddin Shah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaane_Bhi_Do_Yaaro

- The 3rd cd in the sixth picture is a DVD on 90's actress Urmila Mantondkar                                                                             https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urmila_Matondkar

- The 4th cd in the sixth picture is a DVD of the movie 'Anand' starring legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anand_(1971_film)

Good Luck! 👍

• Like 1