IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

Paid $640 for all this;

yfo0jUk.jpg

The console is missing the strategy guide which is easy to fix because I have that guide already. There’s also some stickers I need to remove from the console and two of the extra controllers which should be easy. The game is in very good shape with all paperwork. Seems like overall it should be worth a decent amount more than what I paid. Will see!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this pile of magazines on Mercari for about $110: 

2nLqGJP.jpg

egf0jO3.jpg

x3A9qqA.jpg

I have mixed feelings about it. Condition is all over the place. Some of the magazines are in bad shape. A few have water damage. But I think it's still a good deal overall. The 2 Nintendo Power bonus issues are worth a bit on their own. There's plenty here that I will keep. And the Let's Find Pokemon book will be great for my kids. 

• Like 2

Two hunts to share!

1. Paid $27.19 for this via eBay. Toys R Us exclusive Toy Story 3 Lithograph bundle. Comes in a cardboard box with the game and lithograph. 

rjJtTZz.jpg

2. This just arrived in the mail today. Not a "deal" but it was quite the long hunt: 

Wk0MJM1.jpg

I found this on eBay a loooong time ago. I found it through a Google Search and added it to my cart (it was only $12.50! The final piece I needed to make my original copy of Harvest Moon GB complete!) but the seller was on vacation so I couldn't check out. I messaged the seller and never heard back. Not wanting to give up, I just kept it in my cart

For months. 

And months. 

And months. 

I have no way of looking up when I actually added it to my cart, but the listing was last updated in November of 2021. I'm pretty sure I added it to my cart almost a year ago. I remember thinking "wow this is a long vacation... is this seller never going to come back?" 

Finally, last week, I was buying some other stuff on eBay and I see that I can actually check out with this registration card. The seller was no longer on vacation. What??? Really??? It's true. I was able to check out, got the shipping update, and in just a few days the registration card was in my hand. 

Sometimes the wait is worth it I guess!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two eBay hunts: 

1. Zack & Wiki lenticular puzzle variant. Now I have 1 sealed and 2 CIB of this. Still no idea where these came from. $15.99

SWxg67Z.jpg

2. Sealed Ninja Town pin button variant. $31.98. Now I have 2 sealed and 1 CIB of this variant. Still no idea where it came from, I've had some people say it might have been Circuit City or somewhere else, I thought I had gotten my original copy from EB Games but I don't really remember. 

To date I have not seen anyone else with this particular variant!

nhXbJuq.jpg

As luck would have it I also cannot find my other copies... they are somewhere in my house. But I do have a picture of them: 

b9nMEWr.jpg

Note that each one has a different button. There were a bunch of buttons made and to this day they can still be purchased from the Ninja Town website here: https://www.ninjatown.com/smallmerch/ You can even see in the example photo a button that is identical to the one on the left in my picture above! The buttons used for this variant were probably randomly selected and so it's probably impossible to track down all the different styles that were used. It's possible that each surviving copy has a different button, who knows!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have nothing but bad news to share today. Haven't even wanted to post this for a while, just been sad. 

First, I did a massive trade with someone on Reddit, traded 3 out of print Switch games (combined value $280) for a bunch of stuff I wanted, same value. Here's everything I was going to receive: 

wBHGxVn.jpeg

The two starter editions are without the games, and I asked the other person to swap Fun Fun Animal Park for 88 Heroes at the last minute, but otherwise those games are all brand new and this was about $280 worth of stuff as I calculated it. 

Well, it's been a few weeks since this was mailed out and the package is lost. USPS tracking even shows that it arrived at my local post office and then went out again somehow and that was 2 weeks ago. I opened a case, opened a missing mail search request, I even spoke to a post office representative over the phone... nothing. I've given up hope, it's gone. 

Then while I was traveling out of town my wife lets me know that something happened in my home office and a bunch of games fell on the floor. Turns out a floating shelf I had put up wasn't as secure as I thought it was, it came loose and everything that was on it fell 6 feet onto my wooden floor. I had a bunch of games on it that were in protective boxes except for about 10 games that were sealed and I thought could do without the extra protection. Those games are all dented now. 

EYSzAjK.jpg

fJUWnbE.jpg

It's just one after another of sealed games that were mint and now are not mint. 

ped5KJS.jpg

QaQQd3E.jpg

(there's more but you get the idea)

And yeah now I have a stack of games on a chair in my office and nowhere to put them. 

Between these 2 incidents I'm just burned out. Don't feel like trading anything, don't have the energy to try and put the shelf up again, just depressed. Feels like I'm out a lot of money. That's all. 

• Sad 5

59 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have nothing but bad news to share today. Haven't even wanted to post this for a while, just been sad. 

First, I did a massive trade with someone on Reddit, traded 3 out of print Switch games (combined value $280) for a bunch of stuff I wanted, same value. Here's everything I was going to receive: 

wBHGxVn.jpeg

The two starter editions are without the games, and I asked the other person to swap Fun Fun Animal Park for 88 Heroes at the last minute, but otherwise those games are all brand new and this was about $280 worth of stuff as I calculated it. 

Well, it's been a few weeks since this was mailed out and the package is lost. USPS tracking even shows that it arrived at my local post office and then went out again somehow and that was 2 weeks ago. I opened a case, opened a missing mail search request, I even spoke to a post office representative over the phone... nothing. I've given up hope, it's gone. 

Then while I was traveling out of town my wife lets me know that something happened in my home office and a bunch of games fell on the floor. Turns out a floating shelf I had put up wasn't as secure as I thought it was, it came loose and everything that was on it fell 6 feet onto my wooden floor. I had a bunch of games on it that were in protective boxes except for about 10 games that were sealed and I thought could do without the extra protection. Those games are all dented now. 

EYSzAjK.jpg

fJUWnbE.jpg

It's just one after another of sealed games that were mint and now are not mint. 

ped5KJS.jpg

QaQQd3E.jpg

(there's more but you get the idea)

And yeah now I have a stack of games on a chair in my office and nowhere to put them. 

Between these 2 incidents I'm just burned out. Don't feel like trading anything, don't have the energy to try and put the shelf up again, just depressed. Feels like I'm out a lot of money. That's all. 

Bad luck dude, it's a real shame when these things happen. 😢

But, I just wanna say you have one of the most amazing collections on this site dude, you should be very proud indeed of everything you've achieved.

I consider these sorts of setbacks something like "spillage" you know, when a trade goes bad or a game turns out to be a dud, these things happen and are a part of the collecting journey, even if not a pleasant part.

But it doesn't diminish the whole, and there's always another victory just over the horizon, even if you can't see it today. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Noooo! aw dood I'm so sorry that really sucks(on both things but the shelf falling is worse) You got thiisss!! Just let the frustration wear off and you will figure out the best solution, might make some good posting for the repair shop thread?

Edited by drxandy

8 hours ago, drxandy said:

Noooo! aw dood I'm so sorry that really sucks(on both things but the shelf falling is worse) You got thiisss!! Just let the frustration wear off and you will figure out the best solution, might make some good posting for the repair shop thread?

There's no reversing this kind of damage =( I can play around with massaging those corners so they look nicer but the signs will always be there. Just going to get over it and move on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

Sorry to hear that, that really stinks 😞

In terms of the Reddit trade, I'd hope the games were sent insured? If so, since it's lost the USPS should reimburse you.

No insurance 😭

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well the up side is they're damaged goods now, so you can feel free to use them if you wish without guilt of doing harm.

These are mostly dupes, I was going to get some of them graded... bah... no sense in thinking about it now

Anyway thanks for all the kind words. Here's a finder keeper. Just came in the mail. It was about $15 altogether via eBay. 

8An5hDP.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

After a few weeks of feeling bitter about my shelf fiasco I finally came to terms with the fact that it was my own fault because I didn't put enough anchors when I installed it in the first place. And I decided to put it back up but to do it right this time. FIVE ANCHORS and bigger ones than what I used last time. 

vw4CpkW.jpg

2DXT1Nj.jpg

Back in place and other than the comically large dent on MHS2, you wouldn't even know what happened. 

Also I've had this long Nintendo retail sign sitting on the floor for months and finally I just decided to stick it to the door. This is the Nintendo room, let's be clear about that. 

eQbOK1g.jpg

This is my Zoom background believe it or not

ieaDo4u.jpg

Lastly, I continue to hunt for these Pac Man Party variants. If I see em sealed at a nice price, I grab them. These were less than $25 each in separate eBay finds. 

Sxdk5px.jpg

More for the pile!

• Like 3