IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

Not bad I imagine if you're trying to get a lot of games for bundling to systems or if you're trying to collect everything a system has cheap that's the way to do it.

If you are going that route I got a set of GBA/DS and a GBC game in a zip bag here from when I intended them to be pack-in games with systems I was going to sell.  The bottom dropped out of trying to refurbish gameboy systems as the unfixed are going up while the refurbs are not, the work isn't worth the effort anymore.

Having a salty day. Saw a listing for Ninja Boy 2 CIB, not even mint, asking $2k and was quite confused. This is a game I've been hunting for, for a while, because it's one of the games I had growing up (I had bought it at release and kept it boxed) that sadly didn't survive... no idea if it's floating around at my parent's house or disappeared into a black hole, but I figured if I had to pay a hundred or two to replace it I'd be willing to do that. But ffs, $2k? I was not expecting to see that price. Apparently it's one of the rarest games to find for Game Boy CIB. FML. This hurts more than all the SNES games of mine that got destroyed. Just extremely unlikely that I'll ever be able to replace it... or find it. 

Funny thing is I have the #7 review prototype that I paid $525 for, and I can't believe a complete copy could go for more than that... go figure. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Having a salty day. Saw a listing for Ninja Boy 2 CIB, not even mint, asking $2k and was quite confused. This is a game I've been hunting for, for a while, because it's one of the games I had growing up (I had bought it at release and kept it boxed) that sadly didn't survive... no idea if it's floating around at my parent's house or disappeared into a black hole, but I figured if I had to pay a hundred or two to replace it I'd be willing to do that. But ffs, $2k? I was not expecting to see that price. Apparently it's one of the rarest games to find for Game Boy CIB. FML. This hurts more than all the SNES games of mine that got destroyed. Just extremely unlikely that I'll ever be able to replace it... or find it. 

Funny thing is I have the #7 review prototype that I paid $525 for, and I can't believe a complete copy could go for more than that... go figure. 

Ninja Boy 2 was one of last games I need for the CIB set. I paid $600 for the box only, over 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, RpgCollector said:

Ninja Boy 2 was one of last games I need for the CIB set. I paid $600 for the box only, over 10 years ago.

🥴

I told my mom and brother to keep an eye out for it. My mom said if she doesn't find it but I end up hearing that she went on a shopping trip to the Caribbean then I'll know. 

Real talk though, I try not to get angry at my family because they didn't do any of this out of malice, but man! They really cost me this one. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Priorities, they're screwed up.  One is rare, one is stupidly insane rare -- I think you know which I mean.  Hopefully the thing turns up.

• Like 2

Been a while since I saw anything decent on Craigslist. This was $10! I really only wanted it for the dancepad, I never had a PS2 dancepad before this. The seller actually had the DDR box up a week ago for $20 and I meant to reach out but didn’t have time to go get it so I didn’t bother. Worked out better for me then... checked Craigslist this morning and saw a fresh post asking $10 for all this.

1F4BE406-EEC1-4DE3-B61D-8D6E897A85F5.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This was posted in a local game collecting group, guy said he found it in storage and was looking for trades. No specific wants so I just sent him my list and he agreed to trade this for a loose copy of Wario Land 4 and a complete Metal Arms for Xbox. Went for a quick lunch hour drive and met up in person. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't know the backstory, I assume it's a promotional item. Does anyone know more about it? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Someone on Reddit said he found this at a thrift store and I bought it off him for $40: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's XL which is too big for me and it's got some wear. Maybe I'll regret paying $40 for it. But I've never seen one like it. 

I didn't check all of the goodies given away at launch sites listed but of the ones I did they all gave out shirts.  No idea how many given away at each site.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/a_handful_of_major_best_buy_3ds_midnight_launch_events/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I didn't check all of the goodies given away at launch sites listed but of the ones I did they all gave out shirts.  No idea how many given away at each site.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/a_handful_of_major_best_buy_3ds_midnight_launch_events/

I think that must be it!

This arrived a week ago but I’ve been too busy to post about it.

spacer.png

Found this NP bundle on Mercari, paid about $36 with shipping. Been a long while since I last saw a decent bundle on there. A few of these made for nice upgrades to issues I already had. 

Also I found this tucked inside one issue:

spacer.png

$0.29? Is this from 30+ years ago? Is this some incredible artifact??? And why was it in here!?!?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

This arrived a week ago but I’ve been too busy to post about it.

spacer.png

Found this NP bundle on Mercari, paid about $36 with shipping. Been a long while since I last saw a decent bundle on there. A few of these made for nice upgrades to issues I already had. 

Also I found this tucked inside one issue:

spacer.png

$0.29? Is this from 30+ years ago? Is this some incredible artifact??? And why was it in here!?!?

Probably. 29¢ could have been a promotion price from when they first released. What issue was it in?

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have much money to spend these days so I am not hunting for much but I am determined to complete my Nintendo Power set and trying to do so off eBay. Found someone with 3 of the 5 remaining issues I need and got a great price. Here’s 151, 164 and 166! All complete including 164 has the soundtrack CD.

17EC10D2-30E8-42A0-AAD8-A653326AB6DB.jpeg.da9322a9d6c59e5ecc9a4ce95adadea9.jpeg

Here’s my third of 5 cube shelves I have for storing the full set with the 3 placeholders for these issues:

F49CB2DD-A36C-428F-8C97-824C90317282.jpeg.7fe265dfd43c22f7b9ab3d44662c88ef.jpeg

And here’s a much more satisfying picture with no more placeholders!

A10C080C-6EBC-47EC-8B0E-0BD265B2B706.jpeg.16fed1ea9eae3de936849f37f9e89862.jpeg

(Yes, I have two copies of 165. One has a last issue sticker on it and I really like this issue.) 

(Edit: ok I also have two copies of 152. Also an issue I really like.)

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4