IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

9 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I don’t usually bother with used game stores but while on vacation in Winter Haven FL I found this for $49.99 and it’s actually an uncommon cover variant that is worth about $90? very happy with this find

5SwwvJf.jpg

So Glossy 🤤

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a cool local find. 

Saw this listed on FB Marketplace for $60 while I was on vacation. I was ready to buy it as soon as I got back from vacation but wasn't able to meet the seller. I had messaged the seller but said I would get back about a time. Days go by, Saturday rolls around, and I see that the price was dropped to $50. Now I'm really about it but still can't meet the seller, just been too busy. Finally it's Sunday morning and I know I can make time to go pick it up. I contact the seller again and she tells me "if you pick it up today you can have it for $20." Wow! I was so happy to get this deal. 

2CrTn9U.jpg

OdfbXob.jpg

Seeing just the box I didn't know for sure what condition it would be in. There's some styrofoam missing but the unit looks unused. The plastic is still on the screen! I was able to power it on and test it and it's in great shape. Screen is bright, sound is loud, it's really like new. 

https://i.imgur.com/qiVVMdD.mp4 < video of it in action

Funny enough though... I don't have a PSone. I have a PS1 (launch model) but now I kinda want to get a PSone to have on my desk... 

• Like 3

Until the end of keeping things I ran a PSone+LCD combo on my desk as you want now for the last few years.  I kept maybe 10 games and they worked great for little boring moments with the handy controller right there.  I'm not sure how that thing is quality wise to the original but if it doesn't ghost you're in good shape.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Picked up a Club Nintendo Japan exclusive game and it came with the original shipping box. I have never seen one of these shipping boxes before and can't find any evidence of it online, so figured you all might want to see it: 

i8SRc5v.jpg

spacer.png

The text in Japanese says (Line 1) Nintendo Co. LTD and (Line 2) the address in Kyoto. 

gyzqiEn.jpg

1QcDquk.jpg

Its kind of hard to see, but the tape used to seal the box says ``"Club Nintendo" was founded for all the Nintendo Game Players to feel more pleasure.``

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few recent pickups

fTKVS1r.jpg

Microsoft The Best Of Entertainment Pack for GBC CIB. Some box wear but not too bad. With taxes it came out to $95.95. Not a steal but I don't see this one often, it's obscure. 

ur9WEcF.jpg

Got these together, both are CIB. Paid $950 for the pair. The seller had offered it months ago at the same price and no one bit and I didn't want to spend the money at the time. Maybe I'm the only person willing to pay that much for these two but it seemed like a fair price. Again, not a steal, but as far as Game Boy Pockets go these are nice ones to have. 

MoMsxZC.jpg

OK this is doozie. I paid $1550. Again not a steal but recent sold on eBay is almost $2k. It's my first kiosk. I've always wanted a kiosk and I think for GBA this is up there maybe with a Minish Cap kiosk. 

That's all for now!

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

No pics on this update but I went a bit crazy buying from the clearance sale on the Bandai Namco online store. Deals included: 

Pac Man World Re-Pac Chogokin bundle for $19.99 instead of $99.99

PAC-MAN x Orlinski : The Official Sculpture - 18cm for $19.99 instead of $134.99

DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT + A NEW POWER AWAKENS SET - w/ Bonus Steelbook for $14.99 instead of $39.99

ONE PIECE ODYSSEY Limited Edition Bundle - PS5 for $39.99 instead of instead of $129.99

We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie - Standard Edition for $19.99 instead of $29.99

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition for $14.99 instead of $29.99

PAC-MAN Nanoblock Set - Limited Edition for $17.99 instead of $35.99 

A bunch of Pac Man and Taiko no Tatsujin t-shirts for $4.99 or $9.99 each, much better than regular price

It looks like the clearance sales are all over, some of the items are sold out while others are still in stock... now to figure out what to do with all this stuff... 🙂

Also in looking up what I spent I saw something in my emails from them that said I could have saved an additional 10% with a code "SAVE10" lmao 

Edited by MiamiSlice

• 3 weeks later...

Got all this for $800

aMuRnpe.jpg

The top row is all sealed. I plan to send the first 3 items to Wata when I do my first ever submission in the new year. 

The High Frequency Control Pad is also sealed. Seems to be rare. Not seeing any listings for the NES pad. 

Marble Madness is box only. The rest are CIB. Some of the games are in meh shape but that's OK. Funny enough, Swords and Serpents was one of the first games I had when I was a kid. No idea why I chose to buy that game. It was not fun. 

I am not in a rush to sell anything. I will take my time and see what I end up doing. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I got this nice complete copy of Pokemon XD for $167.12. 

PXTJeHO.jpg

It has the shiny cover art, the poster, etc. Real nice shape!

Actually how I got it is a bit more complicated... let me explain... someone posted a trade request over on Reddit asking for a "new" 3DS or 2DS XL, saying they wanted to trade this as it had just been sitting on a shelf since they bought it. I was ready to make that trade, since I have a refurbished 2DS XL I've been planning to let go of and I didn't have this game. But then I was stressing about it because I'm pretty sure an unopened 2DSXL refurbished by Nintendo is worth even more than this. So after waffling about it for a while I decided to go look at Facebook Marketplace and see if there were any relevant deals. Sure enough, I found a local listing for a 2DS XL in great shape with charger and stylus for just $160. I contacted the seller and we were able to meet up. I then got in touch with the guy on Reddit and he agreed to the trade. So after $7.12 for shipping (and quite a bit of legwork, and some gas which I will not bother to tally), I acquired the Pokemon XD! And I still have my refurbished 2DS XL which I might sell eventually 🙂

Yeah this is kind of ridiculous work to save a bit vs eBay prices but lately I rarely find good trade opportunities or good deals so it was kind of fun to make this happen. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2

I got this via Reddit for $17

4qkuJyI.jpg

Y6oca2m.jpg

It's a good price for the two games, but the real reason I bought it was for the Permastruct case. I hardly ever see these! I don't know what it's worth, it's hard to find any comps, but I figured it's interesting enough to grab it. Fester's Quest was one of the first games I ever owned, sadly it was stolen from me years ago, but I actually have fond memories of it. Was the game appropriate for a little kid like me? Not really. Was I able to get to the first boss? No. But it had a cool weapon and I could walk around and shoot stuff. Good enough! 

Another find, this was listed on eBay by a Goodwill and it ended up costing me $138.61: 

s-l1600.jpg

I don't know if that was a good price. The games are not in mint condition, and R-Type DX is missing the manual. But Championship Motocross 2001 seems to be rare, so I was tempted to buy it just for that reason. I'll be selling Tamagotchi and R-Type DX since I already had those and keeping the other two. 

• Like 2

This might be my craziest eBay auction win ever. 

35Za097_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

This was listed for auction, starting bid $3.99 with shipping fee $36.51. I placed a bid assuming I would be outbid eventually. I wasn't even able to peek at the auction when it was about to be done. And then, surprise, I got notified that I won. No other bidders!

I have always wanted one of these but didn't think I would actually win it for a nice price. Ended up being $43.18 with tax. I'm happy. 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

$42.65 for this Bratz Rock Angelz sealed with carrying case. Not like, super cheap, but apparently these are hard to come by. 

Zq4nncF.jpg

And it had to go straight into a ziploc with dryer sheets because it smelled of cigarettes. 

Another find, I don't remember how much this was, might have been $15. Nancy Drew The Mystery of the Clue Bender Society sealed with novel. 

BkkgUVq.jpg

OK one more, this was $335. Sealed Space Channel 5: Ulala's Cosmic Attack for GBA. I plan to clean it up and get it graded. 

ZWYXp2w_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

$37.19 on eBay. I think that’s a good price? Pretty sure the guide goes for that much alone…

ekvifm1.jpeg

Very cool! In a few years PS2 games are going to be very hot collectibles -- some already are of course, but I think many more will be graded, sold, and collected 🙂