IGNORED

Movie Debate #53: Total Recall

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal thoughts

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

9.  Definitely one of my favorite Arnie movies.  He was in a real groove for a while.  Funny this popped up.  I just randomly popped it on like 20 minutes ago.  
I‘m expecting the next one to be top tier like Pumping Iron or Twins.  

Otherwise 

consider this a divorce!

arnold schwarzenegger eyes GIF

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Like 1

I kinda want to give it a 9/10 out of personal bias, because this movie is everything I'd gladly eat up.
But it's also goofy enough that it never really moves out of that sphere of "just" a good fun action movie. Both Robocop and especially Starship Troopers have that extra nuance and satirical layer to them that take them a step further up, making them geniune masterpieces.

No way in hell I can give it less than 8/10 though. It's fantastic, and full of so many memorable moments it's endlessly quotable and eternally rewatchable.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Solid 6/10. I do like the remake as well because Kate Beckinsale lol

I thought the remake was complete garbage and accentuated everything that's wrong with the modern movie industry.  As for the original, though, a solid 9/10 for me and one of my top 5 Arnold movies.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Sumez said:

I kinda want to give it a 9/10 out of personal bias, because this movie is everything I'd gladly eat up.
But it's also goofy enough that it never really moves out of that sphere of "just" a good fun action movie. Both Robocop and especially Starship Troopers have that extra nuance and satirical layer to them that take them a step further up, making them geniune masterpieces.

No way in hell I can give it less than 8/10 though. It's fantastic, and full of so many memorable moments it's endlessly quotable and eternally rewatchable.

Rate based on what you think (personal bias included)

Events Team · Posted

10.  Probably my favorite Schwarzenegger film after Conan.  The  scifi/action genre is some of my favorites and he had it pretty much cornered in 80s going into the 90s.  

I always found it very interesting that the twist comes in the first half of the movie and we see it play out through the rest of the adventure. 

NSFW: And of course everyone loves...

Spoiler

... the three titty Martian hooker.

Total+Recall

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

10.  Probably my favorite Schwarzenegger film after Conan.  The  scifi/action genre is some of my favorites and he had it pretty much cornered in 80s going into the 90s.  

I always found it very interesting that the twist comes in the first half of the movie and we see it play out through the rest of the adventure. 

NSFW: And of course everyone loves...

Hide contents

... the three titty Martian hooker.

Total+Recall

my favorite arny movie. benny, quatto, "cmon dont bull shit me", sharon stone, johnny cab, "2 weeks"....

last action close second for me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I've heard so much about this movie, but I've never seen it.  I would like to someday, but I don't know that I will ever get around to it.  

It is worth a watch if you appreciate the 90's action film style. It's not one of the greatest films of all time or anything though, so don't expect that level of entertainment.

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

This movie is great but how anyone likes it more than Terminator 2 is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, T2 is amazing but I find myself watching other Arnold movies more frequently.  I'll reserve my thoughts for next week assuming that we're wrapping up Arnold month with that one.  I'll just say Total Recall is more of a popcorn flick for me, while T2 is more of a commitment.  Plus he doesn't even kill anyone in that movie. 😉

1TmB.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1