IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

19 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I mean... I get what you're saying. But all your examples were during Vince's time so it was Vince protecting Hunter as much as anything. 

When you mention Sting and Booker, I agree.... but they're "WCW guys" so of course Vince isn't going to have them win at 'Mania...?

The problem is.... Vince has literally been in charge since the 80's. But he had people to properly help him. Aka Pat Patterson. Once Patterson left (died RIP) and a giant writing team came in Vince just okayed what he liked and it a lot went to shit. And we all know how bad it got.

So with Hunter, at least he was treating the WRESTLING properly. The fans weren't treated like idiots (Samoa Joe, Adam Cole, Gargano, Ciampa all keeping their names) and NXT was having INSANE wrestling shows. Some of the Takeovers they put on were incredible. 

So, as has already been demonstrated, at least Hunter is going back to that and lettign wresters "be themselves" and run with what they have. 

It was pretty obvious once Death Triangle was eliminated it would be Bucks and Omega, but I liked what they did with Hangman and The Dark Order. 

But I think they (AEW) wanted to do it for Kenny. Give him the W on the big return. 🤷‍♂️

Oof.... Punk. I respect him for taking the bumps and going out there and putting himself out there and actually WRESLTING dudes. He wasn't great, but I respected the fact that he went out and put his body through that. That match (and powerbombs) he had with Wardlow was bonkers.

I get it that Moxley should win, but I also understand that AEW wants Punk to have a run as champ. So I get it both ways. 

You're saying "remember" as if those 4 guys are all retired, haha.

Jungle Boy couldn't cut a promo for shit so he's working with Christian and getting better every week. 

MJF is now #1 contender and WAS going to feud with Punk for the title?

Sammy isn't gettign buried (on TV all the time). 

And yeah, Darby has been working some "basic" feuds but he's working (aka learning) with Sting and still on TV all the time. 

They're all still in their 20's, hahaha. 

Mick Foley didn't get to WWE until like 14 years in the business, same with Stone Cold, Eddie, etc., etc.

This shit is pretty wild. 

Does not seem to be handled well by Tony Khan/AEW?

I mean... they probably shouldn't have sent Colt Cabana away, and just kept him with Dark Order?

I figure sending him away caused a bunch of unnecessary drama, when you could have worked on the fact of having those two guys in the same locker room and moving forward professionally, as Punk always said he would....?

They ended up vacating the Trios and AEW titles last night, but they didn't mention what was being done to anyone involved in the fight. They did take CM Punk out of the intro to Dynamite and didn't mention his name at all, which isn't a good sign.

• Wow! 1

19 hours ago, twiztor said:

glad you're enjoying the shows. i'm not (at least not to the level i had been previously), and i laid out why. not really interested in debating finer points of this wrestlers or that angle or whatever, because it's all subjective.

not everything AEW is doing is bad, but enough is trending in the direction i'm not interested in heading. i'll still try to catch Dynamite each week, but it won't be live, and i won't be avoiding spoilers like i normally would. Rampage will be hit or miss as well. will be happy to move it back up that priority list if they can just feature a bit more that's what i'm looking for.

I hear ya. I guess I just don't understand how the whole company could "trend in the direction I'm not interested in.".... that's a momentus slide!  🤣

Well, we don't get Rampage up here. That would be a LOT of wrestling to watch, but I would have liked to have seen Hook's full matches. 

He's fun to watch. The way he throws guys around the ring is reminiscent of guess who... Taz! Fucking LOVE Taz (all around). The bridging that Hook does is insane and the first suplex I saw him do with the back arch just melted my brain and instantly made me think of Taz. 

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They ended up vacating the Trios and AEW titles last night, but they didn't mention what was being done to anyone involved in the fight. They did take CM Punk out of the intro to Dynamite and didn't mention his name at all, which isn't a good sign.

Yup, first Dynamite I've watched on Wednesday night, close to live.

I was really hoping Tony Kahn would come out and make a big announcement and acknowledge what the fuck happened.

But to COMPLETELY IGNORE THE INCIDENT (Media Scrum) and basically brush it under the rug like nothing happened is kind of even crazier. 😱

I was expecting it to be mentioned, if not capitalized on, this is pro wrestling for god's sake! But holy shit.... to act like NOTHING happened and just announce ANOTHER World Title tournament... wow.... 

AEW literally JUST went through a tournament for the "Interim" belt. Then Mox had to fight Punk and blah blah blah.... for this to happen MOMENTS after Punk regains the title is fucking nuts. 

Has anyone seen what the question was at the beginning of the Media Scrum?  (Video starts at 12:14)

Some half question about Colt Cabana sent Punk off the rails. I guess because he's pissed because it's been reported that he was the reason Cabana got sent from AEW, and all the locker room heat has been "put on him"????

Either way, even if he does feel that strongly about it..... okay.... but to blow up this media scrum and to merge that into shitting on Young Bucks and Hangman.... yowza. 

BUT AT THE SAME POINT.... From Punk's perspective, I get it?

But Punk going off on The Bucks and MJF being a "prick" is a bit much..... but AGAIN AGAIN.... Punk might be being a dick about it, but if he's telling the truth about the Bucks, then... I get it?  

Also, also... I've never seen someone so angrily eat a tasty cupcake. 😅

This is NOT the way to get this message across by Punk.... but that's the beauty about it. Pure chaos.

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Has anyone seen what the question was at the beginning of the Media Scrum?  (Video starts at 12:14)

there was no question that set Punk off. This video shows the very beginning. 

Like you mentioned, Punk has some valid points, but he went about it in the complete wrong way. You don't publicly call out your peers (Hangman) and superiors (EVPs), especially while next to your boss.  And then to follow that up with throwing fists in the locker room? come on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I hear ya. I guess I just don't understand how the whole company could "trend in the direction I'm not interested in.".... that's a momentus slide!  🤣

Well, we don't get Rampage up here. That would be a LOT of wrestling to watch, but I would have liked to have seen Hook's full matches. 

He's fun to watch. The way he throws guys around the ring is reminiscent of guess who... Taz! Fucking LOVE Taz (all around). The bridging that Hook does is insane and the first suplex I saw him do with the back arch just melted my brain and instantly made me think of Taz. 

Yup, first Dynamite I've watched on Wednesday night, close to live.

I was really hoping Tony Kahn would come out and make a big announcement and acknowledge what the fuck happened.

But to COMPLETELY IGNORE THE INCIDENT (Media Scrum) and basically brush it under the rug like nothing happened is kind of even crazier. 😱

I was expecting it to be mentioned, if not capitalized on, this is pro wrestling for god's sake! But holy shit.... to act like NOTHING happened and just announce ANOTHER World Title tournament... wow.... 

AEW literally JUST went through a tournament for the "Interim" belt. Then Mox had to fight Punk and blah blah blah.... for this to happen MOMENTS after Punk regains the title is fucking nuts. 

Some half question about Colt Cabana sent Punk off the rails. I guess because he's pissed because it's been reported that he was the reason Cabana got sent from AEW, and all the locker room heat has been "put on him"????

Either way, even if he does feel that strongly about it..... okay.... but to blow up this media scrum and to merge that into shitting on Young Bucks and Hangman.... yowza. 

BUT AT THE SAME POINT.... From Punk's perspective, I get it?

But Punk going off on The Bucks and MJF being a "prick" is a bit much..... but AGAIN AGAIN.... Punk might be being a dick about it, but if he's telling the truth about the Bucks, then... I get it?  

Also, also... I've never seen someone so angrily eat a tasty cupcake. 😅

This is NOT the way to get this message across by Punk.... but that's the beauty about it. Pure chaos.

It doesn't help when Tony just sits there looking uncomfortable instead of acting like the owner of the company and trying to calm things down.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

'MANIA BUMP! *Spoilers*

Just had like 8 paragraphs typed out about 'Mania but it all got deleted and couldn't save it with Undo, nothing. No idea what happened. 

Anyways.... 'Mania was pretty awesome. Short version of some thoughts. 

SATURDAY:

Great night all around. 

Loved John Cena's Make a Wish Entrance. Really awesome for those kids. Call it PR or whatever, but there's no way John Cena doesn't go out of his way to get shit like that done/make it happen. Great match with Theory as well.

Finish of men's Fatal 4 way tag match was awesome.

Glad Owens's and Zayn won the Tag Titles. Both because of the storyline and their real life history. Great work the past year with The Bloodline. 

SUNDAY:

Omos vs Brock was decent. Booked well. Would have liked to see a barrage of suplexes, but Brock bounced around for Omos and it was a decent match. 

Bianca Belair's entrance was SPECTACULAR. Having all those little girls out there just GIVING 'ER was amazing. It was obvious it wasn't some professional dance group which WWE could have easily paid for. Then to hear more about them and what HHH had to say after the show.... wow.... so amazing for them. THEY ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED the dancing and choreography. One of the little girls did a little deal with Bianca at the end, it was incredible.

Belair vs Asuka was good as well. 

Hell in A Cell was pretty nuts. First of all the match was pretty crazy to begin with but then Edge smashed Finn Balors head open with a Ladder. You could tell tape sutures... but holy shit... to see his head and the number of staples it must have taken.... fuck.... it was NUTS.

Main event was really well done. Everything. Entrances. Negative 1 made an appearance! match was awesome. Storytelling was next level. Awesome all around. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 6:36 AM, DarkTone said:

Those new title designs are.... something. 

On 6/22/2023 at 9:45 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I swear this is how the design process went.

1269734.jpg?b64lines=IFRIRSBORVcgVU5ESVN

Yeah... what a mess. 

Why not just strip Roman of the Heavyweight Belt (he won it later anyways) and re-brand that one as the World Heavyweight one for Raw and bring back the Winged Eagle (style)? Then it will carry that lineage... The same belt that Stone Cold, The Rock, Bret Hart held....

And Roman will still have the Universal Title... Then there's no need to make up a NEW title. 🙄

Anyways... now Roman has his Gold Universal Championship and carries the lineage of both the OG WWF Championship and the Universal title (which was just made up a few years ago) and Seth has yet another BRAND NEW belt. 

So odd. 

To me, it just writes itself to have Roman say "I never LOST the World Heavyweight belt. I'm SO GOOD they had to take it from me. I'm STILL the GOAT."

Then Seth can go about his Raw business saying he's the FIGHTING champ, etc. Seth/Roman can fight over a belt some time in the future because of it, etc. 

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Who should take the title off of Roman?

Cody is the top Babyface (other than maybe Rollins.)  Winning the title his father (and brother) never got, and finishing the story is his whole thing.

When Cody overcomes Lesnar, and Roman no longer has the help of the bloodline, they will rematch prob Mania 40.  I don’t really see Rock coming back (cept maybe to put his daughter over.)

Not sure if Cody will be holding onto it  as long.  Will probably drop it to Brekker or Hayes when they are ready.

Edited by fox

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Is Roman still undisputed champion? I mean, seth has the world title, so he doesn't have them all. 

Yet.

I admit that my time with wrestling was about a one-year blip, but I am still interested in keeping up with some of the stories.

Is Roman still the champion?!  I mean, I'm not trying to be the guy that points out the obvious, but how long can you script this guys wins until people get bored with it?!  I really thought they were going to give him something like just over 500 days a a champion, but maybe they want to push for just over 1,000?!

3 minutes ago, RH said:

I admit that my time with wrestling was about a one-year blip, but I am still interested in keeping up with some of the stories.

Is Roman still the champion?!  I mean, I'm not trying to be the guy that points out the obvious, but how long can you script this guys wins until people get bored with it?!  I really thought they were going to give him something like just over 500 days a a champion, but maybe they want to push for just over 1,000?!

Its been over, and I have no idea what they are planning. Multiple chances to drop it to someone else. I guess they wanted him to reach 1,000 but..... this isn't the first time this has happened. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

Roman is the "WWE Universal Champion" for over 1000 days already. He is nearing the 500 day run for his "WWE Championship". 

Seth Rollins holds a newly created title, the "World Heavyweight Championship" for a couple months now. This title has no relation to the old WCW WHC, the 2002 WWE WHC, or any other title lineage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 9:36 AM, RH said:

Twiztor got it for you.... but The Bloodline storyline has been the best storyline in all of pro wrestling, and one of the best ever possibly. The way they've been able to use the Bloodline to "protect" Roman, then have them turn on each other has been genius.... leading to the big question.... HOW will Roman lose? 

Tonight seems like it could be the "end" of the storyline, but I highly doubt it. 

Roman will only drop the belt at Wrestlemania, I believe. 

But tonight, for SummerSlam, he's facing his cousin "Main Event" Jey Uso for the Undisputed Title in a "Tribal Combat" rules match for both the title and position of "Tribal Chief".

It's going to be a bonkers match. 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 AM, twiztor said:

Roman is the "WWE Universal Champion" for over 1000 days already. He is nearing the 500 day run for his "WWE Championship". 

Seth Rollins holds a newly created title, the "World Heavyweight Championship" for a couple months now. This title has no relation to the old WCW WHC, the 2002 WWE WHC, or any other title lineage.

I really just wish they stripped Roman of the World title and moved that to Raw. Roman can say he never lost the title, continue with the longer reign for the numbers/stats sake of it,  and Raw gets a title with actual lineage instead of ANOTHER brand new title. 🤷‍♂️

SUMMERSLAM TONIGHT!!!!

WHO'S STOKED!!!??? I mean.... Should be a great show. 

PS. WM 40 Fantasy Booking: Roman beats Jey tonight with the help of Solo, injuring him as well.... Jey returns at the Rumble and WINS, then Jimmy returns to help Jey "on the road to" WM 40.

At WM 40 Sunday Main Event it's Jey w/ Jimmy vs Roman w/ Solo... Jimmy/Jey finally get through to Solo and for the finish Solo DOESN'T hit Jey with the Samoan Spike and allows him to lay the final superkick on Roman and Jey FINALLY beats Roman and wins the WWE Universal Title. 🥲

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 4:15 PM, DarkTone said:

I dont care who wins at this point. Sami and Cody had perfect chances to take the title. 

I'm not sure what this means. 

Like.... you simply just don't care because WWE successfully made you (the audience) believe it was possible that Sami or Cody COULD beat him? 

I think in retrospect it's easy to see it was too early for Roman to lose to Sami, pre-Mania, or Cody at Mania. 

And I almost WENT to see Chamber in person b/c I thought there was a tiny chance it could happen being in MTL.... but ultimately I think it's likely we're looking at Wrestlemania 40, bare minimum.... for Roman losing the title. 

Hopefully to Jey. I think it'll be someone IN the Bloodline.... and I'm hoping it comes back around to Jey. 

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Is that you trying to get yerself over on TV?

Guy in the Orange Cassidy shirt?

If so.... well done @PII 👏