IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

2 hours ago, AirVillain said:
4 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Is that you trying to get yerself over on TV?

Guy in the Orange Cassidy shirt?

If so.... well done @PII 👏

Lol, no; I'm not in the pic.  I was going to put an additional caption on the post, but then got in a hurry and figured it was fine.  Look closer.  There's a fan in the crowd with a sign reading: FFVII IS BORING.  It made me laugh so I thought I'd post it up here.  A friend and I tend to have a good laugh anytime we look at the signs being held up at Wrestling events, particularly when it's something that has nothing to do with Wrestling.  It's a trend that started with some guy holding up a sign back in the day that read: "Final Fantasy VIII Sucks."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PII said:

Lol, no; I'm not in the pic.  I was going to put an additional caption on the post, but then got in a hurry and figured it was fine.  Look closer.  There's a fan in the crowd with a sign reading: FFVII IS BORING.  It made me laugh so I thought I'd post it up here.  A friend and I tend to have a good laugh anytime we look at the signs being held up at Wrestling events, particularly when it's something that has nothing to do with Wrestling.  It's a trend that started with some guy holding up a sign back in the day that read: "Final Fantasy VIII Sucks."

Haha, thought that would have been a funny coincidence.

There are some good ones (signs). 

There was a good one recently "I hope both wrestlers have fun" or something like that. 🤣

5 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I'm not sure what this means. 

Like.... you simply just don't care because WWE successfully made you (the audience) believe it was possible that Sami or Cody COULD beat him? 

I think in retrospect it's easy to see it was too early for Roman to lose to Sami, pre-Mania, or Cody at Mania. 

And I almost WENT to see Chamber in person b/c I thought there was a tiny chance it could happen being in MTL.... but ultimately I think it's likely we're looking at Wrestlemania 40, bare minimum.... for Roman losing the title. 

Hopefully to Jey. I think it'll be someone IN the Bloodline.... and I'm hoping it comes back around to Jey. 

Guy in the Orange Cassidy shirt?

If so.... well done @PII 👏

Kinda. If the title was on someone interesting and held it for that long, then maybe. He barely wrestles or defends it. Not good heat. 

• Wow! 1

On 8/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, DarkTone said:

Kinda. If the title was on someone interesting and held it for that long, then maybe. He barely wrestles or defends it. Not good heat. 

Well.... I mean, I get Roman wasn't the "most" charismatic guy pre-Heyman turn, I get it. But he wasn't really given any favours for promo's (suffering succotash???"), and I think he's proven that he can handle the mic now. I think his work on promo's have CARRIED this whole storyline. His work, along with Paul Heyman and the Uso's, have definitely made this one feel "real" for me. 

200.gif?cid=c7bb2c54icd5dlorq9n76jiz1l10😆

Barely wrestling or defending the title is kinda the point?

If you think about it from a kayfabe perspective, there's really NO ONE that "could have" held the title that long other than Roman (Multiple WM Main events, Undertaker, Brock, etc.) and the family history (literally growing up in/around the business). We're talking literally the GREATEST ever on this list of champions holding the belt that long. In order to take a step like that, you have to have a built in legacy and be able to try to build something from that.

So the "Bloodline" storyline is really the only way this thing has gone this long. Any other wrestler, without the family history in the business, would literally run out of storyline (because it's not built in re: A'noai family {spelling?}) a long time ago and the title would have been changed. Heyman obviously is another reason the storyline can still "make sense."

But overall I think this run has actually shown that Roman is a good/great pro wrestler. I wasn't a huge fan of his wrestling before this run started, but his work here has definitely made me respect him more. 

I mean, the guy carried Logan Paul in a pretty "big" main event seamlessly and has elevated "Main Event" Jey, Jimmy, AND Solo.... as ALL of them have been in the main events of most shows they're on, including main events of Wrestlemania Saturday AND Sunday because of this storyline. 🤷‍♂️

Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid that they couldn't have Roman drop the World Heavyweight Title so that WWE didn't need to create ANOTHER one out of thin air for Raw, or have him stripped of it. It builds in the "I never lost that title" whenever him and Seth face each other.... but whatever, they (WWE) are literally trying to write history in real time. 

So in order to go this long holding the title, he can't wrestle or defend it all that often. I have heard that he was injured in the match at SS, but because he's not wrestling every week, might be okay.... find out more Friday I guess. 😆

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fox said:

IMG_9109.jpeg

I haven’t actually watched wrestling with any interest since 2003/04 but still watch “top tens” and wrestling news clips, so Im aware of who and what is going on. It was weird how he had just disappeared fairly recently after his return and it sounded like the comeback was fairly imminent.  

This hits a little hard for me. Not sure why, Im usually unaffected by celebrity deaths. It might be his age since Im only a couple hears younger than him

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, fox said:

IMG_9109.jpeg

This one hurts. I was hoping that he could come back healthy and have a good run that was a little more planned out instead of the chaotic and inconsistent booking that seemed to always follow him. Considering he was six years younger than me, that makes it hit even harder.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Punk fired from AEW. I wish he could have figured out how to make it work. I feel like he just tainted his legacy so bad with this whole run. As a long time punk fan, talking front row for ROH in Chicago in 2004, it bums me out.

Obnoxious wrestlers that think they're over ruined it for him.  He tried to help, and it paid off in the beginning.  Now lets see how they do without him.  Funny, because it seems like all the people who were inspired by Bret Hart, all end up as wrestlers who respect their business, were all the ones inspired by Shawn Michaels, look to deface it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Punk fired from AEW. I wish he could have figured out how to make it work. I feel like he just tainted his legacy so bad with this whole run. As a long time punk fan, talking front row for ROH in Chicago in 2004, it bums me out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Punk tries to sue AEW. I'm not a lawyer, but if they are saying they terminated his contract for cause, I don't think they have to pay him whatever he had left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Punk tries to sue AEW. I'm not a lawyer, but if they are saying they terminated his contract for cause, I don't think they have to pay him whatever he had left.

Im sure he's more than happy to take the idiots money and sit home.  Or maybe, this will give him some second wind to 'stick it' to them in the WWF.  That would be something.  I mean look how Cody turned out.  This could pull even bigger numbers and eventually crush AEW, for finally force Tonys had to get rid of SO MUCH garbage on his roster.  Its like 2006 TNA all over again, he has the ability to have such great stuff with some great people there, yet still decides to cater to the IWC audience.  Its so backwards.  But then again, if you gave a 15 yr old a lot of money to play Vince McMahon, you'd have the same kind of show.

Just now, guitarzombie said:

Im sure he's more than happy to take the idiots money and sit home.  Or maybe, this will give him some second wind to 'stick it' to them in the WWF.  That would be something.  I mean look how Cody turned out.  This could pull even bigger numbers and eventually crush AEW, for finally force Tonys had to get rid of SO MUCH garbage on his roster.  Its like 2006 TNA all over again, he has the ability to have such great stuff with some great people there, yet still decides to cater to the IWC audience.  Its so backwards.  But then again, if you gave a 15 yr old a lot of money to play Vince McMahon, you'd have the same kind of show.

Yeah, it's like Tony is playing GM mode in a WWE 2K game with real money. The roster is so big that guys like Miro, Keith Lee and Wardlow just disappear for months at a time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Yknow, I was just thinking.  Give me this, but with Punk and Heyman, to challenge Roman.  Not for him to win but at least give him another program.

I just listened to Cornette's podcast on the Punk firing and he mentioned the same thing saying he could go to WWE with the "real" AEW title just like Flair did. I can't see WWE wanting to mention AEW or have their belt on TV, but it would be pretty cool.

11 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just listened to Cornette's podcast on the Punk firing and he mentioned the same thing saying he could go to WWE with the "real" AEW title just like Flair did. I can't see WWE wanting to mention AEW or have their belt on TV, but it would be pretty cool.

Ha!  Great minds think alike.  Still, would be neat.  Although, thats more of a TK thing.  His booking philosophy is Nostalgia and "Hey remember when?"

Just now, guitarzombie said:

Ha!  Great minds think alike.  Still, would be neat.  Although, thats more of a TK thing.  His booking philosophy is Nostalgia and "Hey remember when?"

I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure that WWE even wants Punk. When he tried to visit Raw in Chicago a few months back, he was asked to leave fairly quickly.

Wild situation with Punk.

What in the hell happened? Punk was so angry (That Perry "called him out" with the glass reference) that he flipped his wig on Jack Perry in the back??? Haha, Jesus.... You'd think after Brawl Out Punk would have outlets to be able to vent his frustrations that didn't involve confronting someone face to face. 

But really.... if you're SMART about it.... you take that rage and you cut a promo on Jack right there as he comes into the back and you have a program and make money. Like fuck... it's not rocket science. But Punk/Tony can't keep their shit together. 

Vince McMahon was a terrible person, but as a wrestling promoter he's the greatest ever. Tony Khan needs to run that shit like Vince in the way that it's his call on everything and make he decisions and not let talent dictate their future. 

Done. No questions asked. Part of WCW's downfall was Hogan/Nash/Hall booking their own shit... that's happening now with TK sort of because Punk just does whatever the hell he wants apparently?

TK sitting there while Punk went nuts shooting on Page/The Bucks while eating a god damn cupcake was insane. TK could have prevented the backstage incident by stepping in right then. THEN the smart thing would be to have them work a program (Especially Punk vs Hangman for the title). But no... Punk went nuts and Tony just sat there like a timid 14 year old fan.

So since then CM Punk has literally done whatever the fuck he's wanted. Apparently leading to this. 

It would be genius of Tony Khan if this was a work, but I don't think he'd be able to pull that off. And coming out BEFORE Collision to address the crowd. Woof. 

Home Alone Kevin GIF