IGNORED

Happily Disinterested?

T-Pac

Im completely disinterested in anything disc based. Its been that way since I started collecting. I always think Im going to get that one game that looks fine until the last 5mins of the game when the disc read errors, and there is no way to tell because the game looked ok. So that keeps me away from that. 

Never been into CIB. I could get into manuals at some point but no interest in the cardboard. I actually prefer to print my own covers and get UGC's or shadowfox cases. Definitely dont care about sealed.

Never been into handhelds for whatever reason except the Switch but I consider that a regualr console in my brain.

Lastly I have zero interest in PC gaming. Its not really something that you can "collect" but I always see people with these ridiculous steam libraries. I have exactly 1 game I played on PC. I have no interest in adding any more to that. 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 1

I collected US Xbox so I could have most of the best console versions of games from that era and sort of be "done" with everything from 2000 onwards. Should've done PS2 to have a better mix of games in hindsight but oh well, I played more Xbox at the time.

When I see modern expensive stuff like Winx Club: Saving Alfea on DS, the NYC shop Hyrule Warriors LE, or that $200 PS4 Godzilla game I have zero interest, which is nice because otherwise I'd feel like I'm missing out on all that garbage. The modern rare stuff to me just seems so much dumber, but then again NES, SNES, and Genesis all have an extertainment game worth $1000s.

Also collecting collector's editions sucks and takes up too much room with tchotchke junk. Disc consoles are a great place to stop so you don't have to do that!

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

I also don't want to be a stuck up stubborn naysayer, like @Jeevan consistently refusing to play the single best game made within the past twenty years. 😚

GOD. IM. 

easy a burn GIF

35 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I collected US Xbox so I could have most of the best console versions of games from that era and sort of be "done" with everything from 2000 onwards. Should've done PS2 to have a better mix of games in hindsight but oh well, I played more Xbox at the time.

Noah Reid Comedy GIF by CBC

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, The Strangest said:

I’m super strict when it comes to getting stuff like Genesis or Nintendo DS CIB, but for the love of God trying that with Game Boy would be a hell of a task. I try to get CIB Game Boy stuff when I can, but GB boxes are the perfect blend of pricey and hard to find. I had to un-learn all of my collecting OCD habits from other systems when getting into Game Boy, and if I hadn’t I would have missed out on some cool and harder to find carts in my collection.

This !

I have about 200 GB/GBC/GBA games and have boxes for about 1/2.  I do have manuals for all but 2 though (Amazing Tater and Tripworld) - a lot of the GB/GBC carts I got by themselves back in the day - but I had really good working relationships with several used game stores (when they still existed in numbers anyway) and they would let me have manuals I needed from their stack of orphans - so I was able to find manuals for even my uncommons like Spud's Adventure, the Rolan's Curses and Knight's Quest.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

Will Smith Fainting GIF

lol. Heres the things that I have a hangup about PC gaming. Figuring out specs between game requirements and the PC I have. I dont know diddly dick about specs of a PC anyway so I never have any idea if I even have something capable of running a particular game. I dont ever "upgrade" my computer stuff, I buy it and thats it until it craps out 6-8years from purchase. The games seem to (I may be wrong on this one) get patched and upgraded from time to time and might make a game that once ran fine now incompatible with my PC. I have zero interest in figuring all of that out. So I buy a console and have none of those issues.

The other thing is playing with a keyboard and mouse. I HATE playing with a keyboard. I know you can get controller and use them but in some games thats a disadvantage because they were designed with a keyboard in mind and I just NOPE all over that

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

lol. Heres the things that I have a hangup about PC gaming. Figuring out specs between game requirements and the PC I have. I dont know diddly dick about specs of a PC anyway so I never have any idea if I even have something capable of running a particular game. I dont ever "upgrade" my computer stuff, I buy it and thats it until it craps out 6-8years from purchase. The games seem to (I may be wrong on this one) get patched and upgraded from time to time and might make a game that once ran fine now incompatible with my PC. I have zero interest in figuring all of that out. So I buy a console and have none of those issues.

Totally understandable. That's really the purpose of game consoles, anyway. You buy it. You play it. Done. PCs are a much more involved thing, at least initially. They are also generally more expensive. I will say though, building a PC has gotten WAY easier than it used to be and hardware compatibility has become much less of a hassle as well. That's because everything's been pretty standardized over the past decade or so. I was initially intimidated when I got ready to build my new PC back in 2017. But once I committed and sat down with it, it was basically all plug-n-play. I just used a Youtube guide to make sure I got a few smaller questions answered.

But yeah, for most people, it doesn't make sense to go through all of that. Of course, the benefit is the flexibility.

As for keyboard vs. controller, I'm an adopter of both. There are simply some types of games that really need to be played on controller (platformers or most anything in 3rd-person) and some types that need keyboard+mouse (FPS, most strategy games and sims, overhead RPGs). So, I play all my platformers and action games on console and all my shooters and strategy games on PC. 😎

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 1

I'm happy I don't want anything outside of Nintendo and PlayStation. Actually that's alie, I've always wanted Sega consoles but I think between emulation for Genesis and Saturn games being astronomical in price, and most Dreamcast games having received ports on other consoles, I find myself being okay with not going for Sega stuff. I never grew up with any of them so I don't have that nostalgic appeal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This !

I have about 200 GB/GBC/GBA games and have boxes for about 1/2.  I do have manuals for all but 2 though (Amazing Tater and Tripworld) - a lot of the GB/GBC carts I got by themselves back in the day - but I had really good working relationships with several used game stores (when they still existed in numbers anyway) and they would let me have manuals I needed from their stack of orphans - so I was able to find manuals for even my uncommons like Spud's Adventure, the Rolan's Curses and Knight's Quest.

I was lucky enough to find my Knight’s Quest with the manual. Spud’s and Rolan’s 2 still elude me!

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Tangential to this topic is things that I was never interested in, but almost got sucked into by the hype machine.

The biggest offender here is FPGA consoles. When everyone gets so excited about them, I almost convince myself that I care, too. But then I always realize I'm just as happy with my Hyperkin clones as I would be with Analogue's newest, shiniest offering. That's not to say FPGA consoles aren't cool and commendable, but anything that runs games with low lag and half-decent image quality is good enough for me.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

I was happy to not be interested in Amiibos.  I like the idea of making DLC into a physical format, but they still take up too much space for my taste, and watching people freak out over trying to find the difficult to find figures looked stressful.  I was glad I didn't have to worry about that.  

If they had made Amiibo into a card format (like e-Reader), I probably would have been all over it trying to get all of them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I was happy to not be interested in Amiibos.  I like the idea of making DLC into a physical format, but they still take up too much space for my taste, and watching people freak out over trying to find the difficult to find figures looked stressful.  I was glad I didn't have to worry about that.  

If they had made Amiibo into a card format (like e-Reader), I probably would have been all over it trying to get all of them.  

That’s why I like the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. They take up way less space and are a lot cheaper. Not as much stuff to do with them as Amiibo figures, though.

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

There are people who rip amiibo to cards you can get and not have to get the figures. I'm sure you could find all of them if you were so inclined.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=amiibo+cards+zelda&_sop=12

10 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

There are people who rip amiibo to cards you can get and not have to get the figures. I'm sure you could find all of them if you were so inclined.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=amiibo+cards+zelda&_sop=12

Yeah, I read about that a while back except the thing I was looking at would be one unit instead of one card per Amiibo.  Sort of like an "Everdrive" for Amiibo.  I would still like to do that sometime because I do enjoy having access to some of the extra stuff (Breath of the Wild is a good example of good Amiibo use).