IGNORED

Happily Disinterested?

T-Pac

22 minutes ago, croagunk said:

That’s why I like the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. They take up way less space and are a lot cheaper. Not as much stuff to do with them as Amiibo figures, though.

They had Animal Crossing e-Reader cars as well.  I have a lot of them, but not a full set.  In fact, the Animal Crossing cards are the only US e-Reader cards that I don't have a full set for.  I have a full set for the SMB 3 cards, a full set of cards for NES games, and all of the other minor US stuff.  

• Like 1

I built me a nice big PC a few years ago because I was going to switch over to just playing new stuff on PC.  Screw these new fangled underpowered set top boxes.  Then I realized 60GB games take a looooooooooooooooong time to download.  Now I only use that PC whenever I need to do something with windows.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CMR said:

Then I realized 60GB games take a looooooooooooooooong time to download.

Sadly, even modern console gaming has not escaped this issue. Oh, so I bought the disc but it requires a 25GB day one "patch" to play it? Yeah, that's not fishy at all.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sg17 said:

Never got the appeal they have to most people.

If you don't care about physical releases, there's no reason to.
Personally I don't really want to play any game that I can't own and hold in my hand, if it can be avoided. Not an LRG thing specifically, but they definitely enabled a lot of that.

• Like 1

I don't care much for physical games on new consoles. I happily just download them for convenience. I mean, a lot of "physical games" these days aren't even on the disk and need to be downloaded anyway, so what's the difference.

I mostly collect NES games, and even then I don't get stuff very often. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

If you don't care about physical releases, there's no reason to.
Personally I don't really want to play any game that I can't own and hold in my hand, if it can be avoided. Not an LRG thing specifically, but they definitely enabled a lot of that.

I absolutely do care for physical releases. I just don't care for the "limited" / "collectible" aspect of their releases, that imo they are using as a major selling point.

For the part where they release indie games that otherwise wouldn't get any release - I'm totally for it, I just don't happen to keep up with current indie releases.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sg17 said:

I absolutely do care for physical releases. I just don't care for the "limited" / "collectible" aspect of their releases, that imo they are using as a major selling point.

I think that's the case for most people buying from them, I have a hard time seeing their releases as "collectible", and their collector editions are usually really bad anyway.
The limited availability gimmick is a good way to assure all copies will sell at the retail price though. A lot of these releases couldn't afford to drop into the bargain bin immediately, or compete with the second hand market.

• Like 3

Im glad I dont collect stuff period. Not that I dislike collecting but as soon as there is a significant paywall in front of me I pass. Looking at the prices on some things collecting is an easy way to ruin your finances and to some people its more addicting than cigarettes. These days If I buy games they are PS2 or Xbox games, simply because they are the only ones in the price range where I feel comfortable buying them on a whim. 

• Like 2

Smart move, that's mostly what I do now too.  If I can't wing a hell of a deal, whatever is local, cheap, and dumb luck I'm there first, great.  I gave in and broke my wall against flash kits aside from GB family a few years or so back and it saved a lot of disgust and loss.  There is no harm to a point paying up though, especially on a lot, because you take what you want knowing the rest will make it cheap, free, or somewhat profitable.  That's how to win these days if you bother at all.

• Like 2