IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

This is an underrated game. Did you choose it for a first time clear or are you one of the few, proud race america fans? My brother and I play it 2 player and it is a friggin crack up. The racer in the lead gets such an advantage playing on a bigger screen, which inevitably leads to rage and shenanigans.  

Racers are going quick this year! I was looking forward to galaxy 5000 again and Pii took it out fast. Last year games like these werent cleared until at least March or April and people werent lining up to get to them by any means. 

This was my first time playing it. Honestly, I chose it because it was worth a lot of points and it only took TMR an hour to beat. I haven't played too many racing games, but I have enjoyed the few I have played including this one.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 261/677
2 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

Anyone have tips for family feud? Man this is a damn slog 

The speedruns are ~3 minutes, so either they have a different victory condition or you're really bad at trivia. Maybe both! I've watched NESCardinality play it and it seems pretty easy TBH. What's got you hung up?

Sometimes it's helpful to pass to the other family if you don't think you're going to get enough points.

I don't see how someone could actually get the big money ending on Family Feud that we require in three minutes. What is it, $20k? I think you have to get maximum prize money four games in a row to get that ending.

And yeah, I've done Family Feud before. It's a slog, trying to outplay a cheap computer opponent without passwords or continues through at least four full games while trying to keep up on 30-year-old trivia that isn't easily looked up like Jeopardy. There are FAQs out there that can give you some of the categories with full answers, but they're all incomplete.

2 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

Anyone have tips for family feud? Man this is a damn slog 

Yeah I don't know what to tell you. Some of the questions/answers are strange. But you just gotta get the right answers (or ones that are good enough). There are some "top answers" I've never figured out. A few don't make any sense. Most do make sense though. Eventually, things WILL repeat and hopefully you remember some answers. It takes me a little while to beat, but not that long. Just keep playing and get lucky, I guess.

1 hour ago, Khromak said:

The speedruns are ~3 minutes, so either they have a different victory condition or you're really bad at trivia.

Are you talking about the 3-minute tool-assisted speedrun on YouTube? I'd never use a TAS as a benchmark for how long a game takes to beat, since the gameplay tends to be totally unlike normal play -- it usually involves exploiting obscure bugs and requires frame-perfect inputs that humans can't replicate.

Also that specific speedrun doesn't have a link to TASVideos and a playback file, so we don't even know if it's legit. (The next-shortest TAS of Family Feud NES is almost 15 minutes long, so I'm suspicious.)

Edited by bronzeshield
grammar