IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

Rampage has been Razed to the Ground.  Note: Rampage begins and ends in California for whatever reason.  Also, I recall the first thing that little kid PII did in those first times at the arcade machine was climb the building with the electric milk sign and punch said sign for shocking results...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito), Pinbot and Rush N Attack are done.

I have wanted to get around to beating Rush N Attack for a long time and just haven't. I am sure its been a long time since you beat it for the first time, but how much work did it take to go the distance on it? Its not a long play through, but definitely gets really hard once you get 3 or 4 levels in. 

Graphics Team · Posted

I went back and finished Bubble Bobble with the better "bad end" this time. I looked up the different endings, and I think this is the best I can do in single-player mode, but the completion guidelines for this thread say:

"Bubble Bobble - Beat the game with the good ending. Not necessary to do second quest."

@scaryice - does this mean I can't clear the game without a Player 2, or does this ending count?

-CasualCart

1238340126_BubbleBobbleClear1P.jpg.22270fa78ba754916dc571e88ca3939f.jpg

23 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I went back and finished Bubble Bobble with the better "bad end" this time. I looked up the different endings, and I think this is the best I can do in single-player mode, but the completion guidelines for this thread say:

"Bubble Bobble - Beat the game with the good ending. Not necessary to do second quest."

@scaryice - does this mean I can't clear the game without a Player 2, or does this ending count?

-CasualCart

1238340126_BubbleBobbleClear1P.jpg.22270fa78ba754916dc571e88ca3939f.jpg

You do need a two-player game to get the good ending, but there are strategies for a single player to start on Round 99 in a two player game and finish for the good ending. Good luck.

32 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

You do need a two-player game to get the good ending, but there are strategies for a single player to start on Round 99 in a two player game and finish for the good ending. Good luck.

On level 99, it is possible to get to the Crystal Ball and the Door on 1-player. I did it back in 2013 or whenever I beat it. Sulpher talks about a way in his FAQ, no idea how accurate it is though. I think I just got lucky when I did it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/563392-bubble-bobble/faqs/18902

I think it is acceptable for this thread, to bring in Player 2 though. Probably easier.

Either way, after you beat the boss on B2 or whatever, you do have to pause and bring in Player 2 to get the ending.

Edited by WashYourFace

Graphics Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

23 minutes ago, WashYourFace said:

On level 99, it is possible to get to the Crystal Ball and the Door on 1-player. I did it back in 2013 or whenever I beat it. Sulpher talks about a way in his FAQ, no idea how accurate it is though. I think I just got lucky when I did it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/563392-bubble-bobble/faqs/18902

I think it is acceptable for this thread, to bring in Player 2 though. Probably easier.

Either way, after you beat the boss on B2 or whatever, you do have to pause and bring in Player 2 to get the ending.

Thanks for the input, dudes.

Yeah, I managed to get the Crystal Ball and the Door by myself on this playthrough, but that still results in the better of the two "bad endings".
Are you guys saying that if I start on the final stage with a second controller plugged-in and select "2-player continue", it'll give me the good ending? I might try that, since I don't have anyone to play with (you know, social-distancing during a global pandemic and whatnot...)

-CasualCart

12 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Thanks for the input, dudes.

Yeah, I managed to get the Crystal Ball and the Door by myself on this playthrough, but that still results in the better of the two "bad endings".
Are you guys saying that if I start on the final stage with a second controller plugged-in and select "2-player continue", it'll give me the good ending? I might try that, since I don't have anyone to play with (you know, social-distancing during a global pandemic and whatnot...)

-CasualCart

I think you need to have 2 players in the game when the level finishes. So you need to have an extra guy available, and right when you beat the boss, Pause and hit Select (official use in the manual, not a cheat) to bring in player 2. No need to bring him in earlier. No need for 2 controllers.

Edited by WashYourFace

1 minute ago, bronzeshield said:

Ikari Warriors II is done. Pretty easy game except for the final boss, and once you know a pattern that works (which is no easy feat to find!) he's not too bad.

When I beat it, I practiced the last boss in an emulator until I got the pattern down, and then when I played the actual game, I paused and did one last practice on the emulator before unpausing and repeating in the real game. Such a stupid way to make the game though. What were they thinking.

3 minutes ago, WashYourFace said:

When I beat it, I practiced the last boss in an emulator until I got the pattern down, and then when I played the actual game, I paused and did one last practice on the emulator before unpausing and repeating in the real game. Such a stupid way to make the game though. What were they thinking.

I practiced in an emulator too, and the thought of pausing again to practice did cross my mind! It's such a bizarre game -- you can tell they wanted to do something good, but they didn't put in any of the infrastructure to support it. Maybe they realized at the last minute that they didn't really have enough of a game, so they decided to make the last boss fight such a hassle to stretch things out -- or to discourage renting the game, who knows.

Did you use a pattern where you hit him 10-11 times, then go to the bottom right corner until he backs off? I came up with that one on my own., but I'm sure others have found the same thing.

Edited by bronzeshield

3 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

I practiced in an emulator too, and the thought of pausing again to practice did cross my mind! It's such a bizarre game -- you can tell they wanted to do something good, but they didn't put in any of the infrastructure to support it. Maybe they realized at the last minute that they didn't really have enough of a game, so they decided to make the last boss fight such a hassle to stretch things out -- or to discourage renting the game, who knows.

Did you use a pattern where you hit him 10-11 times, then go to the bottom right corner until he backs off? I came up with that one on my own., but I'm sure others have found the same thing.

I don't remember at all, it's been over 8 years. Even though the rest of the game isn't very hard, I find it pretty boring. I guess it's just a case of a bad port/version of an arcade game.