IGNORED

Awards/Trophies for collections?

AstralSoul

7 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Nah, I just think they got a bit too strict. Like a series badge with Mario would mean every major one on every console. Honestly, the original trilogy to me would be acceptable. That was the original series unless you want to count the 'New Super Mario Bros. as part, rather than a reboot. Castlevania same thing, Mega Man etc etc. I am probably in the minority on this, but just my opinion.

Well it's meant to be an achievement, if you broke it up like that you'd end up with 5x the amount of series. Considering they didn't require anything but the cart or disc it didn't seem so bad to me but I do collect on most platforms. 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:28 AM, goldenpp72 said:

Well it's meant to be an achievement, if you broke it up like that you'd end up with 5x the amount of series. Considering they didn't require anything but the cart or disc it didn't seem so bad to me but I do collect on most platforms. 

Yeah they are meant to be difficult to get. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:28 AM, goldenpp72 said:

I know, and was just giving an example. I am not saying they should be easy to achieve, but I also think too ridiculous can be a thing; especially when it comes to collection type hobbies.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, B.A. said:

Woo hoo! I can tell the secrets now. The boat you had to specifically ask for. Not, what is the boat? How do you get the boat? It was "I want the boat" Jive Turkey was a saying this dude skulldeath said all the time, so we made one to give to him. No real secret to that one, often you would get it for making fun of the awards.

That damn Jive Turkey award alluded me for years!

8 minutes ago, barrels said:

lol. All I did was brag about how I didn't have it during my "5 years on NA" thread and it appeared. No PM, no nothing. You were trying too hard.

LOL!  I wanted it because it's from one of my favorite movie quotes, Trading Places.  "It ain't cool bein' no jive turkey... so close to Thanksgiving."

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nintegageo said:

I know, and was just giving an example. I am not saying they should be easy to achieve, but I also think too ridiculous can be a thing; especially when it comes to collection type hobbies.

Can we give this guy a Jive Turkey award?

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
On 11/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, Nintegageo said:

1 hour ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Can we give this guy a Jive Turkey award?

EEm783g.png You earned it @Nintegageo. You are hereby required to add it to your sig.

My favorite badges were the series badges. It gave me incentive to collect an entire series and I played through them as I bought them. It was fun altogether. I'm hoping they return and are expanded upon. I was actually working on the Metroid badge before NA got axed. I want a cute metroid icon!

Editorials Team · Posted

I had a Jive Turkey badge, and I think I remember when I got it. A year or two back, there was a general Thanksgiving thread or something, and I went in and said everyone was a bunch of jive turkeys. Then Gloves said "says the jive turkey" and it was there. I remember someone else said something about gobbling down every turkey they see, and Gloves told him to avoid looking in the mirror, and then he suddenly had the badge.

I have a lot of Tony Hawk games, but I'll probably never pick up the skateboard peripheral for Tony Hawk Ride, so no badge for me lol

I remember having a decent small set but nothing outrageous like more committed types did.  I guess now though if those things were back I'd be up +3  Pinball, Arcade, Virtual Boy set, and maybe more as it's been years since I looked at them.  It was in a strange way kind of fun, even if some of them were just nuts.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, Gloves said:

I was the one handing them out for a good year or so, so what do you think? 

I don't remember but I think you gave me some of my awards.  Anyway, yes I would love to see award icons come back on VGS.  It was always a lot of fun to work towards them.

I was on the old site for years.  Never managed to "earn" any of them.

Seems like most you had to "buy" them by spending a bunch of money on games.

If they come back, I'd like to see some more related to actually taking part in site events (secret santa, competitions, complete every game for x system, werewolf, other fun stuff) or actually contributing articles, blogs, art, and other content for the site/community.  I'd be more proud of that, than just showing off how much I spent on Earthbound collectables.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, fox said:

If they come back, I'd like to see some more related to actually taking part in site events (secret santa, competitions, complete every game for x system, werewolf, other fun stuff) or actually contributing articles, blogs, art, and other content for the site/community.  I'd be more proud of that, than just showing off how much I spent on Earthbound collectables.

That's a great idea 😄 It would give people who don't have collection sets some incentive to participate more in the community. We did have the contest awards on NA, so I'm sure those will be back at the very least.

3 hours ago, fox said:

I also think this is a great idea. There was a little bit of that on NA, but the focus seemed to be on the collecting. I guess that's partially on us too, if more people submit for an award for collecting rather than participating in things. But yeah, like this idea 👍

Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, fox said:

I had 9 badges by the end of it all and only one was for collecting.  But there were a bunch of badges for events, gaming, and community contributions including a couple that you specifically mentioned.

143733275_NAbadge_CommunityArtistAward.png.3c95fe4d80a40425e381a02bebedf88d.png  Community Artist Award

159010184_NAbadge_CommunityWritersAward.png.679b72403747887313c193e793002c1e.png  Community Writers Award

332248789_NAbadge_GameContestParticipant.png.fc72f5edba2bf4600c948cef562244a1.png  Game Contest Participant

2044039861_NAbadge_SNESContestParticipant.png.cef1fe487d57eb6d5666bafb17cc466a.png  SNES Contest Participant

• Like 2