IGNORED

Awards/Trophies for collections?

AstralSoul

Not sure if the system for this forum makes this possible but if at all possible wondering if there was a way or intent to make trophies/awards a thing here like they were on NA. Like, for instance, "you have the entire collection of Zelda games, so you get the Zelda award" or something like that. Or badges if that's what they were called. I forget the exact term. Or maybe we could just implement the badges/awards in our signatures as we see fit I guess? Just something to think about, I'm not too bothered about it either way :)

• Thanks 1

yes! 😛 that was my favorite part of NA  it gave me goals to complete my collections.  but please make the icon higher res than 16x16   like 32x32 or 50x50.  some of the 16x16 badges were unrecognizable lol.  so much that i opted to improve some of the badges last year and sent it to Dain  which he used to update.

wile on the subject since we arnt in NA anymore what the heck was the its a boat and turkey jives badge for anyways? surly its not a secret here lol.

Edited by Nes Freak
added to it.

26 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

yes! 😛 that was my favorite part of NA  it gave me goals to complete my collections.  but please make the icon higher res than 16x16   like 32x32 or 50x50.  some of the 16x16 badges were unrecognizable lol.  so much that i opted to improve some of the badges last year and sent it to Dain  which he used to update.

wile on the subject since we arnt in NA anymore what the heck was the its a boat and turkey jives badge for anyways? surly its not a secret here lol.

I don't know about the jive turkey, but I got the boat icon by simply asking one of the mods what it was. I think the story was that it started out as some kind of inside joke about someone wanting a boat so they got a boat icon and it went from there.

35 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

Woo hoo! I can tell the secrets now. The boat you had to specifically ask for. Not, what is the boat? How do you get the boat? It was "I want the boat" Jive Turkey was a saying this dude skulldeath said all the time, so we made one to give to him. No real secret to that one, often you would get it for making fun of the awards.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Woo hoo! I can tell the secrets now. The boat you had to specifically ask for. Not, what is the boat? How do you get the boat? It was "I want the boat" Jive Turkey was a saying this dude skulldeath said all the time, so we made one to give to him. No real secret to that one, often you would get it for making fun of the awards.

Haha, I had the boat award but never knew how I got it.. I don't remember asking for it.

Looking forward to a new and improved Award system here.

3 minutes ago, Alder said:

Haha, I had the boat award but never knew how I got it.. I don't remember asking for it.

Looking forward to a new and improved Award system here.

What?!? Are you implying there wasn't a rigorous verification and vetting process for awards?  Crazy talk

48 minutes ago, B.A. said:

finally! ive been wondering for years lol.  thanks for clearing that up. 😛

35 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

What was wrong with the series ones? The extras?

Nah, I just think they got a bit too strict. Like a series badge with Mario would mean every major one on every console. Honestly, the original trilogy to me would be acceptable. That was the original series unless you want to count the 'New Super Mario Bros. as part, rather than a reboot. Castlevania same thing, Mega Man etc etc. I am probably in the minority on this, but just my opinion.