IGNORED

Luigi's Mansion 3

Ok I was on the fence until I checked the switch news this morning and saw a Japanese video of it being played. Got it after work, played for an hour and it's friggin adorable so far. Just story mode, haven't touched multi. I feel like it's really intuitive from the past games and really like the way the tutorial parts are not forced text blocks but seamless gentle hints from Polterpup.

All in all its very fun I sunk in near 20hrs in it and completed it then went back and collected all the floor gems and the 16 boos. 

Had maybe a couple of hang ups with the b2 boss and the last 2 battles but wasn't really all that hard just more time consuming than anything. Don't know if I will go back trough it again anytime soon but I can see maybe replaying it down the road like I used to do with the gamecube one. 

So I started playing this over the weekend, it has been very good so far. The environments on each floor is really good. Overall, it seems to be a happy medium in terms of content between dark moon and the first one, which is fantastic. I particularly like how there is more of a focus on puzzle solving than that of the first game. Overall, I've been very happy with this game, if you haven't gotten it, consider picking it up .

Yep, they nailed it once again. Loving it so much! So far opened up floor 4. Difficulty is fair as it does gradually get more difficult each boss, but not as difficult compared to the first one yet. Gameplay is very creative as it does make you think a lot on what to do next to advance further. Everyone should get it if you are hesitate right now.

Edited by Skorp

Administrator · Posted

The game is great!  I was trying not to get my hopes up too much, as I loved Luigi's Mansion so much and didn't want to be disappointed, but so far, I love everything about this game.  It has a superb amount of charm, there are tons of secret areas, and the different enemies require you to use different attacks and methods, which helps with the difficulty level.  

I love the environment they built in the hotel/mansion, and there is so much detail in all the different areas and rooms, that it's fun and interesting to explore around and see what you can find.

I'm a few hours in, but so far it has exceeded my expectations and I'm having a blast with it.  It's just a super fun and charming game.

• Like 1

Just now, fsped09 said:

I'm only about three hours into but loving it thus far. This is really my first go at LM, is worth firing up the Gamecube and playing the first one? 

I'd say so. I played it for the first time 4 years ago and loved it. Not sure how it'd be going from this to the older one but the game itself is great.

3DS one is ok but if you didn't play it you're not missing out on too much.

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
Just now, ZBomber said:

I'd say so. I played it for the first time 4 years ago and loved it. Not sure how it'd be going from this to the older one but the game itself is great.

3DS one is ok but if you didn't play it you're not missing out on too much.

Thanks! Good advice. I actually have the LM1 and my GC is set up, maybe I pop it in and check it out before getting further into LM3. 

• Like 1

I had a similar play experience to Munkey.  I put in just under 20 hours, but I've decided against going back for all of the gems and boos, for now.  Floors 10 and up were the best to me, with Floor 10 being the best overall.  The bosses for floors 6, 11, and 15 gave me the most trouble.  Floors 7 and 8 were annoying with Floor 7 being my least favorite, but the Floor 8 boss battle was awesome!  Overall, an enjoyable single player experience that was just about right in terms of length.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

I had a similar play experience to Munkey.  I put in just under 20 hours, but I've decided against going back for all of the gems and boos, for now.  Floors 10 and up were the best to me, with Floor 10 being the best overall.  The bosses for floors 6, 11, and 15 gave me the most trouble.  Floors 7 and 8 were annoying with Floor 7 being my least favorite, but the Floor 8 boss battle was awesome!  Overall, an enjoyable single player experience that was just about right in terms of length.

All in all IMHO not really worth the effort in the end unless your the type that wants to find everything, I did have some fun looking and finding the gems, but the boos got old after catching 3 or so as its the same hum drum thing when locating and fighting to catch them and some got annoying and then for what they both unlock upon completion was a bit of a downer but in retrospect I really don't know what else I would had expected aside seeing the tanks and racks full. *shrug* 

• Thanks 1