IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

nesking80

I found Starcadian through a channel on YouTube.  Man... I think this guy has become my new favorite YouTube musician.  The second video is not only worth listening to, but watching.  Pretty well made for an indy artist.  I want to post half of this guys music on YouTube but I'll just stick with these three.

I recently got my Winter '98 Jampack disc resurfaced (see the "what's new in your collection" topic). It has a demo of A Bug's Life, with one level and this music. So, I put the disc into my portable CD Player and listened to this music. A lot of games Traveler's Tales made may be mediocre or just okay, but many of the soundtracks in their games are beautiful. Sonic 3D Blast (especially Richard Jacques soundtrack), Sonic R (another one from Jacques), Finding Nemo, and Super Monkey Ball Adventure also have nice soundtracks.

discmanwithps1disc.jpg.71867ae886217c588aa0fc2efeeda7d8.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 3

Remembering my late relative, Mike Coates (lead guitar, songwriter), of the progressive rock band Asia.  The original from Rapid City, South Dakota. Pictured bottom-right.

If you're into progressive rock and curious about the band (knowing of the more popular later Asia), feel free to check out the history of the band here:

https://www.mikecoatesguitar.com/rock-recordings

I'll leave it with a quote which I think he very much succeeded in.

ASIA was not just a band, but a way of life for some extremely dedicated and talented musicians who sacrificed so very much--and I am proud to have called them friends. And I am indeed proud to play the music of ASIA for my children.

• Like 1