IGNORED

THE TIME/SHIFT PARADOX

ApebitMusic

Hi! Anybody check it out? It's really good. 

I was talking to a few creatives and musicians lately about how hard it is to market your own stuff and not come off as arrogant. And it really is! It's really a Catch 22. But you know what. F IT. 

This album is amazing. If it were the album of somebody else, I would say "this album is amazing!" So why not say it about myself?

Please check it out 🙂

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Hi! Anybody check it out? It's really good. 

I was talking to a few creatives and musicians lately about how hard it is to market your own stuff and not come off as arrogant. And it really is! It's really a Catch 22. But you know what. F IT. 

This album is amazing. If it were the album of somebody else, I would say "this album is amazing!" So why not say it about myself?

Please check it out 🙂

Confidence is key! xD

I liked Confederacy of Dunces a lot; I've been playing FF7 on PS1 lately and it kind of reminded me of that style of music especially the Turks and Shinra, like I was able to kind of get a sense of characters which might be represented by the music.

I like the theme of the soldier and Apache warrior, ignoring of course that the poor Apache would stand zero chance and would be immediately obliterated lol. It's an interesting theme to mix the sci-fi and western vibes.

Meeting with a Shaman was one of the standout character themes, and honestly was the main thing while listening which reminded me that there was a western atmosphere. If I were to provide some constructive criticism, it's that I wish there was more of the western vibe; Meeting with a Shaman felt very Chrono Trigger to me and was the closest song to hitting that mix (similarly to how Chrono Trigger manages this). I'd like to hear more leaning into that.

Overall well done, an enjoyable listen. 🙂

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Confidence is key! xD

I liked Confederacy of Dunces a lot; I've been playing FF7 on PS1 lately and it kind of reminded me of that style of music especially the Turks and Shinra, like I was able to kind of get a sense of characters which might be represented by the music.

I like the theme of the soldier and Apache warrior, ignoring of course that the poor Apache would stand zero chance and would be immediately obliterated lol. It's an interesting theme to mix the sci-fi and western vibes.

Meeting with a Shaman was one of the standout character themes, and honestly was the main thing while listening which reminded me that there was a western atmosphere. If I were to provide some constructive criticism, it's that I wish there was more of the western vibe; Meeting with a Shaman felt very Chrono Trigger to me and was the closest song to hitting that mix (similarly to how Chrono Trigger manages this). I'd like to hear more leaning into that.

Overall well done, an enjoyable listen. 🙂

Thank you kind sir! Yeah, if I'm being honest, I kinda made the songs and then based on the overall vibe kinda molded the theme around that. Not the other way around, if you catch my drift. So yeah, it's probably light on the Western theme and more towards the Sci Fi. 🙂

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Thank you kind sir! Yeah, if I'm being honest, I kinda made the songs and then based on the overall vibe kinda molded the theme around that. Not the other way around, if you catch my drift. So yeah, it's probably light on the Western theme and more towards the Sci Fi. 🙂

I'm curious if you've ever tried the other way around? A lot of musicians will write a basic story for an album and then the music will generally loosely, though sometimes heavily lean on the themes of the story. A good example is my head right now is the Desaturating Seven album from Primus. 

41 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm curious if you've ever tried the other way around? A lot of musicians will write a basic story for an album and then the music will generally loosely, though sometimes heavily lean on the themes of the story. A good example is my head right now is the Desaturating Seven album from Primus. 

I really haven't, but i should try that. With my singer/songwriter music I recorded a more focused album some 10 years ago, But that would be cool to try with this sort of music. I almost would want someone else to give me the theme and go from there. I guess that would be the case were I hired to write for an ACTUAL game, which I would love to do. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Not on Spotify?

Not yeeeet. That's thing, once it's on Spotify I can forget about making any money on it. NOT that I do it for the money, of course, but it's nice to see some support for all my hard work. So anyways, I usually release stuff on Bandcamp for a while, and then release on Spotify, etc. 

11 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Not yeeeet. That's thing, once it's on Spotify I can forget about making any money on it. NOT that I do it for the money, of course, but it's nice to see some support for all my hard work. So anyways, I usually release stuff on Bandcamp for a while, and then release on Spotify, etc. 

I had no idea people didn't make money from music on Spotify.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to MY MUSIC IS STILL GOOD! Collaborators, listeners welcome alike!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to THE TIME/SHIFT PARADOX