IGNORED

Foods people either love or hate

phart010

Cuttle Fish, I hear.  My Dad use to work with a guy who was a Hawaiian Native (IIRC) and one day he brought back the stuff.  It was weird and no one liked it... but my Dad.  He'd always give the guy a wad of cash when he went home to to buy him packs of the stuff.  It was seasoned in something, and I don't think it even had to be refrigerated.

• Root Beer
  • Beer
  • Spicy Food (People enjoy or love it, while others, complain if there's just a little bit of cinnamon in something!)
  • Cilantro. Supposedly, there's a gene that some people have that makes it taste like soap. Yuck! I don't have it, so I love it. Seriously, cilantro tastes nothing like soap, so that's weird to me.
  • Like 2

Yes! Beverly! Disney world is the only place I know that has it available in the us. Did epcot as a kid and they had the coke sponsored ice station cool (loved that name) where you could try samples of different sodas from around the world. Alas the freebies are gone, they now serve it at the coke store at disney springs. I loved how bitter it was and unlike anything drinkable I had before.

Just went and they had bottles for sale, as well as make alcoholic drinks with it. I had one of the cocktails, Beverlys revenge and it was amazing.

spacer.png

Hendrix gin, solerno blood orange liqueur, beverly, garnished with mint. It was really really good and I'm not a cocktail person really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I think the soda Moxie is one of these. I remember trying it because its one of the earliest sodas and god is it bad.

Moxie and malta (such as Malta Goya) are two of the most vile drinks ever made, but some people love them.

Weirdly, I'm not a big fan of La Croix sparkling water, but I drink the Bubly and the Safeway house brand sparkling water like, well, water.

6 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I think the soda Moxie is one of these. I remember trying it because its one of the earliest sodas and god is it bad.

Also I love candy corn, but candy pumpkins are better

This is totally my wife. She likes candy corn but LOVES the pumpkins. She swears they are different but they taste the same to me.

Another candy, Peeps.

Again, I find them to be gross but my wife (surprise!) Love them. I think she has a think for bland, synthetic snacks. She also likes Circus Peanuts. Those might be a love or hate thing too, but I just assumed most people consider them tolerable and not worth the effort. That's not a hate, though.

Edited by RH

10 minutes ago, galacticlint said:

Bread n butter pickles

The mention alone gave me a moment of pure vitriol.  Look, I'm fine with foods existing, and people enjoying diverse flavors.  But those nasty things "sneak" in because 99% of the time you see pickles, they are dill.  As a pickle enjoyer, there's nothing worse than expecting a sour dill pickle, to only get some mushy semi-sweet nastiness. Yuck!

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Also I love candy corn, but candy pumpkins are better

Pumpkins for life!

Also Cilantro tastes like soap for me so it kind of ruins every dish it gets put in.

Administrator · Posted

Blue Cheese.

I personally can't stand it.  And it's not a mental thing - I've tried it many times and I still find the taste very pungent and disgusting.  I have friends who absolutely LOVE it.  Must be one of those things.

I feel sorry for the cilantro soap-folks - I LOVE cilantro!

Just now, spacepup said:

Blue Cheese.

I personally can't stand it.  And it's not a mental thing - I've tried it many times and I still find the taste very pungent and disgusting.  I have friends who absolutely LOVE it.  Must be one of those things.

I was just going to say blue cheese. How anyone can eat that mold paste over ranch with their wings is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Blue Cheese.

It tastes like mildew and bacteria. You have to train your brain to remember that it’s “good mildew” and “good bacteria”.

Then it will taste good

36 minutes ago, RH said:

The mention alone gave me a moment of pure vitriol.  Look, I'm fine with foods existing, and people enjoying diverse flavors.  But those nasty things "sneak" in because 99% of the time you see pickles, they are dill.  As a pickle enjoyer, there's nothing worse than expecting a sour dill pickle, to only get some mushy semi-sweet nastiness. Yuck!

This is a thing for people? I honestly can't really tell the difference between flavors of pickles. The only thing I care about with pickles is that have to be the chip style not spears, because the spears have a mushy-er texture, chips are more snappy 

3 hours ago, RH said:

This is totally my wife. She likes candy corn but LOVES the pumpkins. She swears they are different but they taste the same to me.

They do actually haven different tastes. The different colors are different flavors technically. which is why I don't like the candy corn with the brown/chocolate bit, yellow only. The pumpkins taste different mainly because they are pretty much all of the orange "flavor". If you took a bunch of the white bits from candy corn and ate them and compared that to the orange parts youll find the white has a stronger vanilla flavor to it

I think I’m the only person on the planet keeping the “Candy Circus Peanuts” business afloat.

Ive never met anyone else that likes them...Same can almost be said for chocolate covered jelly rings, only my one Jewish friend in middle school liked them and a couple direct relatives.

Pastrami seems polarizing as well.