IGNORED

Foods people either love or hate

phart010

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@RH, @Richardhead, @Hammerfestus : If i can find these again, I'll grab four bags, send one to each of you, likely with some other Taiwanense foods, and keep one for myself to try. All 100% free of charge.

The only thing I ask is that everyone make a video and post it here , eating the chips, you can do it with family or friends, by yourself, whatever. But a video here for everyone here to see. I'll likewise do the same, as I'd never ask of others what I'm not willing to do myself.

If you're in, please send me a message, we will take it from there 🙂

Thanks man! Wow! I'll do it and PM me a shipping address and I'll send you a few bucks, even though you offered to do it for free. Also, any idea how long it will take to arrive to the US? I know international purchases have been hit or miss these past 8 months.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, RH said:

Ship them to North Carolina and I'll post a video to the YouTubes. I'll never eat a chicken foot, but that's a chip.  I'll definitely give that a try, and expect it to be awesome.

Chicken feet are one of the best Cantonese dim sum dishes. Every time I make it to Hong Kong, I go through at least a couple of steamers (or whatever those bamboo things are called) of them.

@Sumer @Bearcat-Doug You guys missed the real atrocity of Cincinnati cuisine - Cincinatti style chili. Never has a more egregious culinary abomination been foisted upon an unsuspecting populace.

Take some mediocre chili, splat it on top of some overcooked generic spaghetti, and then try to cover the abomination with a pound of industrial shredded cheddar cheese. I'd say it's the worst regional dish in America, and that includes those obnoxious Primanti's sandwiches doused in french fries.

• Haha 2

Just now, Daniel_Doyce said:

@Sumer @Bearcat-Doug You guys missed the real atrocity of Cincinnati cuisine - Cincinatti style chili. Never has a more egregious culinary abomination been foisted upon an unsuspecting populace.

Take some mediocre chili, splat it on top of some overcooked generic spaghetti, and then try to cover the abomination with a pound of industrial shredded cheddar cheese. I'd say it's the worst regional dish in America, and that includes those obnoxious Primanti's sandwiches doused in french fries.

I mentioned it a page or two back. I actually like it, but I think everyone around here is raised on it to the point that you just get used to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I mentioned it a page or two back. I actually like it, but I think everyone around here is raised on it to the point that you just get used to it.

I gotta agree with Doug here, Daniel.  I love the Cincinnati-style chili...and my wife who had never had it until 2012 likes it quite a bit too!

1 minute ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

You guys are tripping. My favorite part is when it sits for a minute, and all the liquid forms a fetid, noisome pool at the bottom of the plate, leaving the chili and spaghetti dry and flavorless.

I'm used to constantly stirring it as I eat so that doesn't happen. I guess you pick up on those kinds of tricks when you have eaten it your whole life.

Just now, Sumer said:

^Yeah, you are probably right.  Though, like I said, there are some exceptions.  My wife and her parents from Iowa never had it until we moved here in 2011/2012 and they like it just fine.  🙂

It's fine with me if other people don't like it. That way I don't have to worry about anyone taking my cheese coneys.