IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Yeah, you're right.  Not fair at all to put everyone in the same class as you.  You are a class above when it comes to mediocrity.  So there ya go.  You're winning!  Good for you!

A class above mediocrity is probably the closest you have come to giving me a compliment. You're still overrated and lucky to hit mediocre on your best day.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

A class above mediocrity is probably the closest you have come to giving me a compliment. You're still overrated and lucky to hit mediocre on your best day.

I'm a little talk and less show.  I fail the cyborg race weekly.  My saving grace is that I'm old and have played these games more than most of these youngsters.

@bertsampson If this is the last year that we get to do this, I will miss it even if I have to put you in your place one more time. We can't give them too much though. We need to save the best material for the VGS Greatest Rivalries DVD. Being compensated in retirement is important!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

@bertsampson If this is the last year that we get to do this, I will miss it even if I have to put you in your place one more time. We can't give them too much though. We need to save the best material for the VGS Greatest Rivalries DVD. Being compensated in retirement is important!

I agree.  I'm sure one of us will pull a Favre though.

2 hours ago, bertsampson said:

I agree.  I'm sure one of us will pull a Favre though.

I will never correct anyone comparing doug to Favre. Its as on the money a comparison as you will ever find. But if Im betting on it at even money, I'd say you both pull the Favre in 2021. 

On 10/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, bertsampson said:

I agree.  But, you can't shoot, and you can pick things up and throw them.  There aren't any Halloween themed games closer to the beat-em up genre.

Did you really think I was going to let you take the win so easily?

There. I did it. Now I never want to play this game again.

17 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

You sure?  Low score tie breaker contest for the genre???  No, what the hell am I thinking.  I don't want to play anymore either.

I guess that I can take the rest of the month off then. I'm basically locked into 4th place overall. I probably would have still been easily in second if I didn't miss 7 contests. 

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The old man has gone senile again thinking we are tied for the genre lead. I have a one point lead, so a tie means I still win.

I meant a tiebreaker for this week which would tie us for the genre, but this week's tiebreaker would double as a tiebreaker for the genre.  Sorry, I knew it would be too complicated for you.

6 hours ago, bertsampson said:

I meant a tiebreaker for this week which would tie us for the genre, but this week's tiebreaker would double as a tiebreaker for the genre.  Sorry, I knew it would be too complicated for you.

We aren't tied for the genre since I have a 1 point lead and still I win outright with a tie this week. Quit trying to confuse me at 2:30 in the morning. Go to bed. 

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

We aren't tied for the genre since I have a 1 point lead and still I win outright with a tie this week. Quit trying to confuse me at 2:30 in the morning. Go to bed. 

Ok, one last try.  If we do a tiebreaker for this week that gives me 1 more point, then we would be tied in the genre as well.  So then this week would double as the genre tiebreaker as well.  Capeesh?