IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

34 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Good to know.  Do you get points while fighting the boss?  Life bar?

I had to look at video for it cuz its been a while.  Pausing doesn't show you your points but the points are on the level screen and at the end of the level.  After beating all the stages you immediately fight the boss and it doesn't show your life bar, points or anything.  As soon as you beat the boss thats it.  

Actually, I have to look it up but after you beat the game and start a new one it MIGHT show your high score.  Im going to go test this out now.  be back in 20 mins

Ok so I did some testing. 

First off, I forgot your score resets after you die, so for the high score it basically has to be a 1CC 😉

Secondly, you DO get point for fighting the boss.  Your score shows after a game over.  So I died at the final boss on purpose, reset my score, shot him and died again and did get some points.  So technically the max points you need to get is to die right before you kill the final boss.  The score does not show after you beat the game on the title screen.  There ya go. 

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Ok so I did some testing. 

First off, I forgot your score resets after you die, so for the high score it basically has to be a 1CC 😉

Secondly, you DO get point for fighting the boss.  Your score shows after a game over.  So I died at the final boss on purpose, reset my score, shot him and died again and did get some points.  So technically the max points you need to get is to die right before you kill the final boss.  The score does not show after you beat the game on the title screen.  There ya go. 

This is all good to know for the rules.  I'm sure our fearless leaders have it all figured out.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Anytime I actually try to. I even tied your profile picture Tecmo Bowl score in case you forgot. I didn't cancel the 2015 tournament. I just beat you so bad that there wasn't a need for one.

With your ridiculous logic, there would be no need for a tournament this year.  I could have stopped playing weeks ago and stayed at the top of the geral scoreboard.

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

With your ridiculous logic, there would be no need for a tournament this year.  I could have stopped playing weeks ago and stayed at the top of the geral scoreboard.

You know you didn't beat me when I missed 7 weeks. You can't beat me when it matters. This week just proved that 5 years later, no matter what you won, you haven't beaten me and you know it.