IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You know you didn't beat me when I missed 7 weeks. You can't beat me when it matters. This week just proved that 5 years later, no matter what you won, you haven't beaten me and you know it. 

This week proves nothing other than we can both meet a score by a given point on an easy game.  You seem to forget that I do have a tournament win over you.  I didn't get first place, but I did make the podium.

2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

This week proves nothing other than we can both meet a score by a given point on an easy game.  You seem to forget that I do have a tournament win over you.  I didn't get first place, but I did make the podium.

Still not a win. When it comes to head to head championships, I'm still up 1-0. You didn't beat me for any of yours and you know it.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Still not a win. When it comes to head to head championships, I'm still up 1-0. You didn't beat me for any of yours and you know it.

How are you up 1-0 then?  If you're not counting my 2nd place as a win over your 4th place, then why would you count a no tournament as a win?

Because I beat you and won a championship at the same time?

You beat me at getting more points throughout the half year, with no tournament...nice work.  I beat you in total points, and in the tournament.  We are at best 1-1, and I say best in your favor.  This will all be moot after this year's tournament.

Just now, bertsampson said:

You beat me at getting more points throughout the half year, with no tournament...nice work.  I beat you in total points, and in the tournament.  We are at best 1-1, and I say best in your favor.  This will all be moot after this year's tournament.

Whatever makes you feel better. When I beat you, this is just going to keep going for 5 more years.  

52 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yet I just beat you this week. Maybe you will have better luck against skinny.

You off your meds?  We tied this week, and I beat you to the top score.  Skinny is a swell player and all, but his lame excuse of just moving into a new house has ruined his ability to play at anywhere near peak performance.

49 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

You off your meds?  We tied this week, and I beat you to the top score.  Skinny is a swell player and all, but his lame excuse of just moving into a new house has ruined his ability to play at anywhere near peak performance.

Skinny should be moved in and good to go. I beat you easy enough, so he shouldn't have too much trouble.

Skinny should be moved in and good to go. I beat you easy enough, so he shouldn't have too much trouble.

Your senile antics are getting old.  You clearly need the feeling of winning more than I do.  I tell ya what.  I won't even put up a score on GnG so that you can feel better about yourself.

2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Your senile antics are getting old.  You clearly need the feeling of winning more than I do.  I tell ya what.  I won't even put up a score on GnG so that you can feel better about yourself.

I don't need to play the rest of the way, so you can kick back, get a fresh pair of depends and relax since skinny should be able to lock up the shooter title.

I don't need to play the rest of the way, so you can kick back, get a fresh pair of depends and relax since skinny should be able to lock up the shooter title.

The only way @docile tapeworm is winning the shooter title is if I don't put up a score.  Sorry skinman, but that ain't happening.

11 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

The only way @docile tapeworm is winning the shooter title is if I don't put up a score.  Sorry skinman, but that ain't happening.

We need to get the old skinny back for next week because we got two words for ya!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

49 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

46 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

We need to get the old skinny back for next week because we got two words for ya!

i might not win the genre title but i got the win next week.

9 hours ago, bertsampson said:

This is all good to know for the rules.  I'm sure our fearless leaders have it all figured out.

I think with this and if anyone beats me (I still don't have anyone that has beaten my score on the shump thread haha) I should be crowned king of Zombie Nation.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

How did a game as weird and Japanese as Zombie Nation even get a US release?

When I first played the ROM in the late 1990s or early 2000s I thought it was a ROM hack.  Its so bizarre which is why its in my top 5 favorite NES games ever.  I think @Gloves actually had this as a kid, IIRC.  So jealous.