IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

@guillavoie @BeaIank Are we supposed to take a picture at the beginning of (or during) the final boss fight? It looks like that's what @Richardhead and @bertsampson did. I took before and after pictures just in case I need to go with the score at the start of the boss fight. 

I didn't bother killing any of the minions during the boss fight, so my score didn't change.  Since you don't see your score again after beating the boss, I would think score at start of boss fight is final score.

Just now, bertsampson said:

Yup, this is going to be worse than Contra Force in my opinion.  It's too easy to kill every enemy, even if you have to stop occasionally for them to catch up from behind.

There’s also some fun spots to make enemies respawn. I could 1up Doug by 10 points and it’d be just subtle enough that nobody would ever know I pressed some points. Except anyone that’s ever played this game for high score.

Events Team · Posted

We can make it more interesting them.
I don't want to make yet another progress, low score thingy.

Say... max score is 9990, you need to stop playing when you reach that score, the one that reaches that score the latest in the game wins.
So... in order to win you need to take a picture at the start of the boss battle with exactly 9990 points.

What do you ladies have to say about this?

2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

There’s also some fun spots to make enemies respawn. I could 1up Doug by 10 points and it’d be just subtle enough that nobody would ever know I pressed some points. Except anyone that’s ever played this game for high score.

I'm just going to stick with my score. I don't think that I could make any real improvement without intentionally point pressing.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm just going to stick with my score. I don't think that I could make any real improvement without intentionally point pressing.

I wouldn’t be able to get your score without intentionally pressing. Guess I’m just better than you. I’m also sticking with my score.

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

We can make it more interesting them.
I don't want to make yet another progress, low score thingy.

Say... max score is 9990, you need to stop playing when you reach that score, the one that reaches that score the latest in the game wins.
So... in order to win you need to take a picture at the start of the boss battle with exactly 9990 points.

What do you ladies have to say about this?

Sounds like there would be a lot of ties.  Low score probably wouldn't be much fun, so I guess it's fine as is.

2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I wouldn’t be able to get your score without intentionally pressing. Guess I’m just better than you. I’m also sticking with my score.

I killed everything in my way without intentionally standing around. Thats why I said I would just stick with what I had since I don't think that I could fairly improve upon it.

Events Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Sounds like there would be a lot of ties.  Low score probably wouldn't be much fun, so I guess it's fine as is.

There would be needed some strategic point pressing to not hit 9,990 before the final boss and get there with exactly that score.
It wouldn't be so easy.

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

There would be needed some strategic point pressing to not hit 9,990 before the final boss and get there with exactly that score.
It wouldn't be so easy.

Does the score roll over? I was under the impression that you could just max it out early on and then just play normally the rest of the way.

Events Team · Posted

Rules amended.

If you break 9,500, you final score is 9,490 and your runs end at the point where you were.
In case of 9,490 points ties, progress will be used for tie break.
If you make to the boss with exactly 9,500 points, you win.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Wait, that doesn't leave much margin.  If my score is 9,480 at the final boss, I would lose to someone who maxes the score on level 3?  How about 9,400 or even 9,000?

I will fix the wording.
If you make to the final boss, you will be above the others who maxed before it:

• Any score picture taken at the boss screen takes precedence over 9,500+ points scores. Reaching the boss is a sure way to secure a top 8 spot.

That should do the trick.

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

So closest to 9,500 without going over is only used as tiebreaker at final boss.

Kind of.
Final boss pictures take precedence over score. Then highest score closer to 9,500 at the final boss will be used as tie break.
For 9,490 scores outside the final boss, progress will determine their placing, right below to those who made that far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think the key/bolt do double the damage, but it's a pain to try and carry it around through the entire stage.

Apparently you can take the key with you when you advance screens. I took one in with me to the second boss fight just as an experiment and it worked. He still kicked my ass. Do they make boss fights easier? Guessing not, but with everyone beating the game so easily (or early in the week at least), wondering if Im missing something